Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zachary_81
    Original poster 1 posts

As someone who started playing AC when Origins came out (archaeology student really into ancient Egypt, Greece, Etc.) The whole Isu modern day story is super annoying to be forced into time and time again. I did go back and play some of the older games just to see what it was about but I never really enjoyed the ancient aliens vibe of the Isu. Origins was great as it didn't really have much modern day stuff and very light Isu content that you didn't really have to get into if you didn't want it. With Odyssey I started to have a problem with it as it made me have to go back and read a bunch to figure out what was going on, although having the Isu portrayed as more god-like and less like sci-fi Vikings in sliver jumpsuits made it better for me.

I specifically had some problems with the modern story in Valhalla. First of all it literally throws you right into Layla some time after odyssey and there is some issue with Earth's magnetic field I guess, unless you played the first three AC games you would have no clue what this is about. I only played back to Black Flag and if I hadn't gone back and read about it I would be completely in the dark about this. Second, the Animus anomalies all over the map are not fun and totally break the immersion of early medieval England, and if you choose not to do them you are stuck with flickering blue effects. The video of the "Life-Tree" that you get when they are completed you cannot skip and have to watch the whole thing which looks like some crazy sci-fi movie. It was kind of a bummer as I really liked the segments in Asgard and Jotunheim and then to kind of have this video be like "oh it was this bizarre machine actually" kind of ruined it for me. Finally the ending... I have NO idea what happened there was this robot tree and they got hooked up to it and then Eivor fights with Odin (that was actually cool). Layla then pops out of the animus and runs off to Yggdrasill, gets stuck in it, and Basim aka Loki is raised from the dead and hops back into the Animus. It was so all over the place and drawn out that I just wanted to get through it and hop back into the good part of the game.

I know some people enjoy the whole Isu thing and modern day stuff which is fine, but It would be nice if they separated them more so that those of us who enjoy the mythology and history don't have to plow through the Isu and modern day missions. The one modern aspect I like is the Animus itself. When I first played origins I was excited to see Layla as a modern day archaeologist with a remarkable piece of technology to view the memories of the deceased, which to be honest is really the only modern part that the game needs. The whole Isu thing is just getting kind of old and convoluted and may have run it's course.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics