Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bazgurkha
    4 posts

@bazgurkha also I found the weapon runes were unaffected as the weapons that were equipped going into the mastery challenges were un-equpped upon exiting

• RCDeschene
    39 posts

Ever since the 1.2.2 update, I noticed that equipped runes disappear from the inventory space, so I no longer can tell how many I have in total. I also noticed that the sell section of the shops have all the runes disorganized, even having the minor-type ones half-way relocated amidst the major-type ones. Could we get that fixed as it makes selling and collecting runes so much more tedious now.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1323 posts

Hello @rcdeschene,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Sorry to hear that your runes disappeared.

Can you please provide us with more details? Do you remember which runes disappeared? Also, did they disappear only from certain armour/gear? Did you notice the same behaviour in any other armour/gear sets?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @bazgurkha,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can you please confirm if this issue persists in multiple saves? Have you tried reloading your previous save by any chance (if possible)?

Additionally, do you remember which exact runes went missing?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • bazgurkha
    4 posts

@ubi-mark it happened approximately 4 to 5 hours ago now, have decided to just keep moving forwa progress, with other things, still it's important you at least know about the bug for other players, that persist in one location attempting to get a goldrd already made a great deal of

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @bazgurkha,

Thank you for the update! Can you please confirm if the only affected armour is the Niflheim one for now, or did you notice this behaviour on any other guear?

Official Response
  • UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 664 posts

@vampyrvenom Thank you for clarifying! You mentioned that you could not recall when this occurred, however do you remember which runes were attached to your Gothic armor when they disappeared?

Official Response
  • VampyrVenom
    9 posts

@ubikobold The runes i had on my armor were +6 to Armor, +5, Light and heavy melee resistance, i forgot the numbers but it was either the highest or second highest runes, i lost half the triangle runes, but main one i was running was the increase to dmg after i dodge, i had a lot of runes and right now it feels like i just started the game from scratch, i can try to get a photo of the runes i had, i might have a very old save before, but i know i had them all on the day of getting the gothic armor and then the next day or day after.

• VampyrVenom
    9 posts

Couldn't get the photo due to the saves being all of the challenges.

• GNS-OKC
    9 posts

@ubikobold  I have lost all runes equipped to armor... happened earlier this week, so I stopped playing and hoped it was just a "glitch" that would resolve when I reloaded. Today, all runes that were equipped to any armor piece are still gone - the rune slots are just empty. It happened after completing Mastery Challenges at Lolingestone Bandit Camp. I'm playing on XBox Series X and I do have a pretty old save that still has all the runes... weapon runes are fine - only armor affected.

• GNS-OKC
    9 posts

To be more specific about the time I noticed the problem, I have an auto-save from when I exited the Meditation for the Challenges marked:

• Exclusive quest save
    • Episode Save 1
    • June 23, 2021 - 12:13AM

This is when I first discovered all armor runes were gone.

• GNS-OKC
    9 posts

...and I have a Manual save from June 15 that shows all the armor runes that are now gone

• RCDeschene
    39 posts

@ubi-mark I don't think I remember all of them, but I do distinctly recall the following:

1 Great Antidote Rune
    1 Great Bulwark
    2 Great Feather Runes
    1 Great Remedy Rune
    1 Great Rune of Protection
    1 Great Rune of Rain
    2 Great Shell Runes
    1 Great Water Rune

I remember having these rune schemes equipped on both the Raven Clan and ISU Knight armor sets.

• RCDeschene
    39 posts

By the way, here's video evidence of the shops' disorganized sell inventory:

Also, something I've noticed since the game's launch is the displacement of the these particular round runes away from the rest of the rest:

• GNS-OKC
    9 posts

I have lost all runes equipped to armor... happened earlier this week, so I stopped playing and hoped it was just a "glitch" that would resolve when I reloaded. Still, all runes that were equipped to any armor piece are still gone - the rune slots are just empty. It happened after completing Mastery Challenges at Lolingestone Bandit Camp. I'm playing on XBox Series X and I do have an old save from June 15 that still has all the runes... weapon runes are fine - only armor affected.

To be more specific about the time I noticed the problem, I have an auto-save from when I exited the Meditation for the Challenges marked:

• Exclusive quest save
    • Episode Save 1
    • June 23, 2021 - 12:13AM

This is when I first discovered all armor runes were gone.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Hello there,

@VampyrVenom - Thanks for providing us with some additional information about which runes you had equipped prior to them disappearing. The development team have been investigating your report further, and are interested in knowing which edition of the game you own (standard/gold/ultimate etc). Could you let us know this information please?

@GNS-OKC - I'm sorry to hear that you've lost the runes you equipped to your armour. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. Would you be able to let us know the following information:

• Which runes have gone missing? Please try to be exact as possible, as this is helpful for the ongoing investigation.
    • Which armour did you have equipped when your runes went missing?
    • You mention that you have an old save which has all the runes. When you try replaying the Trials at Lolingstone, are your runes removed again? This will be helpful to know as the team try to reproduce this issue during testing. Please don't overwrite your save from June 15, as we may be interested in collecting this for further investigation.
    • Can you let us know which edition of the game you own (standard/gold/ultimate etc)?

We can then pass this information along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • GNS-OKC
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis -

The armor equipped is the full set of Carolingian armor at Mythic and the missing runes are as follows:

• Carolingian Hood - Mythical
      • Great Evasion Rune (+2.0 Evasion)
      • Great Rune of Protection (+3.3 Light Resistance)
      • Great Shell Rune (+5.0 Armor)
    • Carolingian Torso - Mythical
      • Thegn Rune (Increase to Speed after parrying)
      • Great Hunter Rune (+2.0 Ranged Damage)
    • Carolingian Helm - Mythical
      • Great Rune of Life (+18.9 Health)
      • Great Rune of Life (+18.9 Health)
    • Carolingian Bracers - Mythical
      • Great Shield Rune (+3.5 Melee Resistance)
      • Great Evasion Rune (+2.0 Evasion)
    • Carolingian Pants - Mythical
      • Great Bulwark Rune (+3.3 Heavy Resistance)
      • Great Rune of Protection (+3.3 Light Resistance)

I know the same runes on the same piece of gear don't stack, so what you see above was juggled - I don't remember the exact swap I made with the second Great Rune of Life on the Helm, but the runes themselves are the same. I listed above as it appears in my save.

I haven't replayed any of the Challenge Trials... I'd have to replay Wenlocan before I can replay Lolingstone. The trials themselves were pretty buggy which made them very difficult to complete at Gold level - not sure I have it in me to replay them again, to be honest.

I have Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for taking the time to share all of that information with us, @GNS-OKC! If you don't want to replay the Trials again, that's absolutely fine! We were just curious to know if the runes would be removed again after repeating the same action or not.

If possible, would you be able to reload your older save from June 15 and create a new up-to-date manual save whilst on this save file. Please don't overwrite your most recent save data - just create a new cloud save. This will help the development team to collect this save as well as your current affected save file for further investigation.

Once you've re-uploaded your older save file to the cloud, please let us know so we can ensure that development team can collect this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • GNS-OKC
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis - Done - I resaved the old save from June 15 to new save in Manual Save 3 slot just now

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you so much, @GNS-OKC! Your unaffected save (from June 15) has now been passed along to the development team, as well as your more recent, affected save file. I've also shared your full report with them, including the reproduction steps.

If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread. I would also recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics