Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Karloz1995
    Original poster 268 posts

sinces im waiting till this game valhalla gets fully finished im returning to the previous games.... i i returned back to odyssey and compared to valhalla everything sinces better there (except story wise), but now i returned back to origins... and the game is just perfect.. the combat is very good, i believe is better then odyssey and valhalla... also is very fluid.. very smooth.. seriously im loving this game... story wise is even better then valhalla, and ofcourse them odyssey...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• afewscarsmore
    50 posts

in my opinion odyssey is better

in origins there is nothing to do at the end, just 2 daily quests - for an assasin

• ElMadre1
    77 posts

@afewscarsmore Agreed. After I got Valhalla to 97% (thanks Milk of Humankind, not), I got Origins to 100% and Odyssey to 100%. I'm still going back to Odyssey daily, since I enjoy Kassandra and the game, and want to level up to beat that last level 95 mercenary. I haven't been back to Origins. I really liked it, but there was nothing really left to do other than fight the big bosses in the desert over and over.

• Karloz1995
    Original poster 268 posts

@afewscarsmore yeah dude, the problem is that story wise, odyssey has nothing to offer... character development is inexistence in odyssey, kassandra is a very bland and boring character.. u cant feel empathy for her... she feels more like these kind of filler characters more, them a main protagonist... bayek otherwise... feeels more real, u can feels his emotions and his rage.. and about eivor.. well she is ugly and boring too.. but at least valhalla has a better story than odyssey.. for the most part.. apart from that is kind of boring.. origins feels more real.. and all the stuff that is make there feels like very well balanced.. for me at least origins is the last AC with a good main character.. odyssey and valhalla are very bland and boring

• afewscarsmore
    50 posts

@karloz1995 I played Alexios)
    I lilke all chars, got platinum and 100% in origins and odyssey, valhalla in process, but the feeling after about valhalla is just downgrade and lack of content - the same was after origins. Maybe I'd like to be more at that game, but nothing to do, even camps dont respawn. We dont even get any activities for hiddens, but we have boring reda.
    while in odyssey we can join big fight, ship fight, hunting, mercenarie fight-assasination, assasination in every region we like. thats amazing, we got all activities.
    I liked origins, I was surprised by odyssey and I thought valhalla would get whole best things grom previous games - but all get is just an empty world and helix packages.

• Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

I like Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla, but Odyssey is my favorite one. I don't think the characters are bland; Kassandra is one of my favorite AC protagonist, along with Ezio. They're the ones who made me feel the most. And I also really like the story and the setting.

Between Origins and Valhalla, it's more difficult to say. I just know I like them both. Maybe I'll have a better opinion once Valhalla has all its updates and DLCs.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

Origins offers more replayability than Valhalla but it's not fantastic.
    You can roam around, collect gold, armors, items and sell them for buying mastery books which DOES have a huge effect on gameplay (+ 1% / point, in Valhalla it's +0,17% /point)
    The world is alive, you can help villagers, kill crocodiles, farm caravans... and do a new game+ for even more fun.
    In Valhalla, nothing.

And then comes Odyssey...
    There is physically no limit in playing the game for hundreds of hours, as you can continue to level your character up to 1700+ passive skills, and you have TONS of secondary quests. And of course new game+ is also available.

It's really up to what you want to experience.
    If you're happy with a 50-60 hrs story line and then you stop, Valhalla is awesome. But dont expect anything else from that title.
    If you're more into a 150+ hrs title, Origins is a nice choice.
    Now if you want to play the game HUNDREDS of hours, Odyssey is THE game.
    Valhalla is a pale copy of Origins, while Odyssey is a better version of Origins.
    That says a lot about that ... thing ... they call Valhalla, and what they sold us as the new "evolved" title of the series. Two steps backward yess. A total disgrace. But at least Ubi$oft made a lot of $$$with our preorder / season pass. All is fine in the world of brainless capitalism.
    Add to all that the crappy content they added to the game since november, we have here the least replayable title of the series since AC 1. Tetris is more fun that Valhalla after 50+ hours.

• valorin
    12 posts

@karloz1995 I think Kassandra is the very best AC character after Ezio. I return to the game simply because I like her so much. 😄

• Patricia81994
    113 posts

Well i never really left Odyssey mostly because of Kassandra she's one of my most favorite protagonists of all the games that i've played in my life. 😊 And Origin nope i do not like the game very much and so a reason that i never finished the game. 😞

And Valhalla i'm about 25 hours in and that was since November 2020 when i played the game for the first time. 😒 I'm just waiting for when they finally fix the game ... probably never gonna happen. 😟

• Yesin069
    547 posts

Great video made of frustation against Ubisofts practices lately.

Origins for me was the last great AC game and should have been the first and last game which tells the origin story of both assassins and templars.

I really dislike the games as a service direction Ubisoft is taking also for singleplayer-only games. This stuff has nothing to do in those games. In a normal world we should already get the second Paris DLC in April or May. Instead we will get it in August or September and even at that point, the game wont be finished.

I always love it when games i like get optional story DLC that comes unexpected (i would love to pay for new Witcher 3 DLC for instance). The important thing should always be that the main game is finished and tells a whole story. The DLC should just build on those finished stories and expand them a little. There is no need to hold features like NG+ and short-swords back, that should have been in the game from day 1. No need to tell us "we hear what you want and will implement shorts-words". It is obvious that all those moves are planned. They just need content to release for 1 whole year.

Who the hell told them that a singleplayer-only game needs to be played for one whole year or even longer? These games should be enjoyed once and kept in good memory and then replayed some time later. No need to log-in every day after the story is finished or waiting for "free content" that is cut out from the main game to be released later.

Seeing how much I enjoy games from other publishers and devs like Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nioh 2, The Witcher 3 (and also Cyberpunk 2077 on PC), i really dont know why the hell I even gave money to Ubisoft. This surely is my last AC game which is the best thing to do. Darby McDevitt left and finished the most loose ends in AC lore. In future games they will just retell stories with the end of the world forever without anyone knowing all lore details.

No need to care anymore about AC. All the great story writers are already gone and Ubisoft sees the future in mobile games and live service games, so this trend wont get any better in the next AC.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics