Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/20 Replies/856 Views
    asuhayda
    Original poster 10 posts

Cannot complete the Devout troll world event. He does not speak to me as I begin to destroy his things, doesn't get up, and I cannot get his key. I've reloaded and tried several times and still doesn't work.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey there, I'm sorry this event is nor triggering correctly. Could you fast travel to your closest spot and try again? If the issue persists, could you provide a video so we can investigate this with the devs? 🙂

Official Response
  • geoff220
    1 posts

Have destroyed everything and then killed the cow as he was mentioning it. Monk does not stand and give key. Leaving the area and returning does not help as the cow is respawned as either dead already or in mid-air

• isufriedl
    3 posts

I’ve been trying for a while to get the key for the devout troll. I’ve destroyed everything that I can see and I can’t pick up the key when the monk stands up. If I fast travel to the area, I burn 1 thing, and the monk stands-exposing the key. There’s no interaction available, and I still can’t pick up the key.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4120 posts

Hello there @isufriedl! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to collect the key in "The Devout Troll." Would you be able to send us a video that shows you're unable to interact with the key? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • isufriedl
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis sure can. How do I add a video. I was able to snap a photo that I’m trying to attach.
    Edit: I can’t even attach the photo. It’s too large.

• Ubi-Borealis

@isufriedl - You can share videos by uploading them to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and sending us a shareable link. You may be able to share photos in a similar way. You could also try changing the resolution of your photo to be smaller, to see that will allow you to attach it.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • isufriedl
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I’ve uploaded the video to

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for that video, @isufriedl! I've passed on your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

If we require any further information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out in our News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • mofflin
    8 posts

@isufriedl @Ubi-Borealis
    I experience exactly the same bug.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @mofflin!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with "Devout Troll" with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to collect the key from behind the monk as well. Would you be able to let us know what actions you took prior to being unable to collect the key?

If possible, would you be able to share a video with us as well that shows you're unable to interact with the key once the monk has stood up? We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Crystalcomet13
    1 posts

I am unable to complete a world event due to unknown errors.

In the world event 'the devout troll', you are meant to destroy crates and burn items around the monk's house. when he stands from his stool, you pick up a key and unlock a shack behind his house. I was able to make him stand, but am unable to pick up the key. I've tried fast travelling away from the area, leaving the world event and doing other missions in the meantime, to no avail. It doesn't matter which direction I look at the key, there is no button prompt to pick up the key. From what I've seen, no other person has this issue. I can provide video footage if needed.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2363 posts

@asuhayda @isufriedl @mofflin @crystalcomet13

Hi all,

I have merged all of your posts into a megathread and added it to the megathread list. This issue is being investigated by the dev team. Please keep checking here and the news and announcements for updates.

Official Response
  • GeekyPixels
    1 posts

Hi,

I have been working my way through collectibles etc but am unable to complete this quest as the monk stands, but I cannot grab the key that is there. It seems to clip under the paper and has no interact button. I have a video of the issue regarding clipping which I will attach. These are the actions I took in order:

• Completed Daughter of Lerion quest (Goneril) and approached the Devout Troll mystery from there (from the North East).
    • Waited for the monk to chatter everything, and then ran about the property looking for if there was any other way to complete the quest other than killing his cow.
    • Assassinated his cow to get it out of the way, went into the property and destroyed everything possible and stole his food, then destroyed the crates in the center of the garden and then the little "building" by the gateway and sacks.
    • Threw fire onto the straw behind him and he stood up. There was no key initially until I ran around and then saw the key appear. Tried to pick it up but there is no interact button. The key appears to clip under the papers/chair depending on where you stand and camera angle.
    • Monk sat back down, so attempted to throw fire at him, the roof of the house and then the burnt out straw bales, and then tried to attack him. He remained seated.
    • Went south to do a few more collectibles and then returned. Cow still dead, so destroyed the crates in the center and put fire onto the straw, he stood up and key was there straight away but still no interact button. As I ran about (as shown in the video), the key would appear and disappear.

Hope this helps the devs fix it as I am going for the completionist achievement.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj2rol7VDnF-jYtTlbDg2HZjj0Y8vg?e=mAt4gC

Edited to add: Fast travel/reloading game has no effect on the outcome, the key is still unattainable.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @GeekyPixels! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I've merged your post into our ongoing Megathread for this issue. I apologise if any confusion was caused by this merge.

Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and to include a detailed re-telling of the events that took place before and during the world event. We appreciate you taking the time to include a video as well! The development team are currently investigating this issue further. I've shared your report with them as part of the ongoing investigation.

Once we have any updates to share from the development team regarding "Devout Troll," we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Sp33dyKat
    8 posts

Add me to the list. This is glitched for me. Have destroyed everything surrounding the Man Who Would Not Stand. He still will not standeth. 😢

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Sp33dyKat!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to progress in "Devout Troll." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and for letting us know that you've tried destroying a lot of the surrounding area already. I've passed this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

We don't yet have any updates to share regarding this world event. As soon as we have any new information to share regarding "Devout Troll," we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JSE3
    2 posts

I am having the same problem. He stands I can't pick up key. When I first did the mission I didn't realize the key was under him. Came back to it later after I found out it was under him. Now it won't let me pick it up off the chair.

• JSE3
    2 posts

Finished it! Don't know if it will work for you but I burnt the hey stack, destroyed everything outside then went inside and destroyed everything. Still nothing. Threw torches on the roof started the house on fire and he stared talking to me and I talked back. Was then able to pick up key. Throwing torches on the roof was the only new thing I did. Hope people see this and it works for them. I've tried this at least a dozen times before finally getting over the glitch.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @JSE3! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for sharing your experience with "Devout Troll" with us, and for providing an update on how you were able to progress in the world event! I'm glad you've been able to successfully collect the key 😄

Hopefully your steps can help other players encountering trouble with this quest.

If you encounter any further trouble whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics