Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 227 posts

Hello

In this video there is a bug and something relating to the next bug. The bug itself is that there's no trail in the air from the missile that the soldier throws. I do manage to kill him with the whatever-it's-called skill where the air-trail is visible when Eivor throws the stone. The soldier is, I think, a flail-wielding one. This seems to be systematic; the dead standard-bearers there, their missiles are all visible in the air, ditto archers, but it's happened with this one kind of soldier and also happens with one kind of bandit, can't recall which right now. That's where I first noticed the problem, just getting repeatedly hit out of nowhere. The red thing does appear, just no trail.

The bit that is related to the next bug is the raven that can be seen picking up loot from the one that dies. This is erratic. In this video you can see that the standard-bearers have not been looted. Although it's not shown, they were killed with the same skill as the one I've already mentioned. The other body there was either auto-looted or had no loot, I killed them all (four) with that skill.

Cheers

Xbox One (S and X), 1.2.0.1.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22

Hello

Here is a video showing that in a double-assassination, the second one with the thrown axe does not get automatically looted by the raven. This looks like it might be deliberate as it occurs for all such kills . . . BUT . . .

It does link to my other post (also with videos) where the auto-raven-loot can be seen to work for some enemies but not others when the catch-missile-and-return skill is used to kill them.

Cheers

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 695 posts

Hello @SpirantCrayon22

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

As I'm not sure if it's intended behaviour, to be honest. However, I passed it along to the development team for more clarification 🙂 Once I have an update, I'll let you know in this thread.

Additionally, I merged your 2 threads to keep all of your information in one place.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-mark

Thank you for responding. I wish I could re-write the first post, with the two videos, it was poorly-written but I hope it's clear enough.

Basically the raven only loots some types of enemy when they're killed by throwing their own non-arrow missiles back at them. This is reproducible, it's always the same for the given type of enemy. It loots all those killed when they're shot with arrows whether or not it's Eivor shooting first or catching and shooting back. It never loots those with assassination-axe-throws. I do not know about other "remote" kills as I don't do them.

Thanks again.

• SpirantCrayon22

Here's another video, this time a "throw someone else's weapon" kill where the raven doesn't pick up the loot.

I realise that in some situations the raven does not appear. If I'm underground then the raven doesn't loot anything, I've assumed that is by design. Might that be related somehow?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 695 posts

Hello @SpirantCrayon22,

Thank you for another video and more details! I passed it along to the development team to the ongoing investigation.

If you haave any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello again @SpirantCrayon22!

I checked in on the issues / queries you raised in this thread, and could see conversations already open for each of these with the developers.

Firstly, your report of the missile trails being invisible / missing has not yet been acknowledged, however I will aim to provide you with an update on this as soon as possible when it has. Thank you for your understanding on this. Secondly, I have answered your separate thread regarding auto-loot not working every time earlier today, and would ask that you reply there about that one.

With regard to your third report about Sýnin not helping to loot the second person assassinated when using the Chain Assassination skill, as well as your connected fourth report that the Raven's Loot skill does not work when returning non-arrow enemy missiles using the Missile Reversal, these have both been clarified to us to not be defects. The Raven's Loot skill gathers loot from enemies killed using ranged attacks, but it is by design that this works only for kills with a bow and arrow, and not for any other weapons, e.g. a returned alternative missile or a thrown axe using the Chain Assassination skill.

So, to clarify, you should find that you are able to use Auto Loot to collect loot from enemies killed via melee or stealth takedowns, and the Raven's Loot skill for any kills made using your bow and arrow (or the returned arrows of archers). Any other ranged attacks - such as those mentioned above - are not covered by design. If you do find in any other instances that the ranged attacks are covered by the Raven's Loot skill, it would be great to get some video clips of these from you to show the developers.

Thank you very much for your time, and let me know if you need any additional assistance in the meantime! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics