ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2303 posts

Hello darth_yes thank you for your post.

We identified with our players help and also contributions to the forum, that there are currently two main issues affecting textures. One that affects Eivors weapons and equipment when the camera is slightly rotated, and one issue that affects the environment, such as the entrance to that cave you show in your video.

We currently have enough information, system files and videos to go on from players, so thank you for your help with this. Should we need any more information, we will reach out to you and our players and update this thread. Thank you for your support whilst we re-investigate these blurry textures on PC.

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    1024 posts

@darth_yes Have you tried deleting the files in your shader/texture cache?

Go to \Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla\cache and delete all the files inside that folder and let the game rebuild the cache and that could help

• Darth_Yes
    Original poster 21 posts

@longjohn119 Cheers for the response mate. Yeah tried that every single time. That was one of my thoughts as well. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Javi-Marti
    10 posts

@darth_yes Same for me. Playing with a RTX 3090, at 4K with everything maxed out. Textures get low res when you aproach to something.

I've tried to fix it by verifing files, deleting the cache file, and forcing ultra quality textures in the Nvidia control panel. No results.

• longjohn119
    1024 posts

@javi-marti It all comes back to trying to convert a game engine originally built for DX11 to DX12 ..... DX12 handles textures and GPU memory differently from DX11 as well as load distribution across CPU cores and the shader pipeline is complete different. In DX11 the GPU drivers did a lot of the work and it is a high level API where with DX12 the game engine itself has to do more work because DX12 is a low level API. It's like the difference between writing a program in say Python a high level language and writing it in C++ a low level language. The Python version is going to seem more sluggish but easier to code

This game engine badly needs a core rewrite if they ever expect it to work properly with DX12 ..... Just like they had to do when the PS4 and Xbox One came out .....

Anvil = PS3 and Xbox 360
    AnvilNext 2.0 = PS4 and Xbox One
    However there is no AnvilNext 3.0 for the PS5 and Series X which is what they really need to do going forward

• Darth_Yes
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-milky Any updates on this? I was hoping the new patch might address the issue, but my hope was in vain. Textures still behaving in the same way.

• Darth_Yes
    Original poster 21 posts

Can I get an update on this? I'm still experiencing this issue.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2071 posts

Hey there @darth_yes, thank you for getting back in touch. I want to apologise for the delay as I see that your previous comment was not addressed either. I have looked into it from my end and I am afraid we do not have any further updates regarding it. Once more information becomes available, we will post here and let you know. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Official Response

Suggested Topics