Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rinothemighty
    Original poster 2 posts

I bought this game New Year’s Day after the update 2.0 and was excited to play this game because Vikings are my favorite culture and history, and it’s Assassins Creed, so who can’t be happy. The day I booted it up I had the highest expectations of anyone, and what I was met with was Diss A Pointing. Immediately after starting the story, audio issues where the dialogue cuts halfway through and re plays in the middle of other peoples lines. Then after running out of the starter snow town, I was greets by a loading screen every 5 steps because the game couldn’t render faster than I could walk. And even after stopping me over and over again the game wouldn’t render the simple environmental 3D models and was met with the skin of rocks in the shape of nothing. There wasn't a town or a building, there was a sharp jagged skin with no actual building. Then the glitches. Oh my word the glitches. While fighting Kjotve, his axes never were in his hands they were always floating above me. After leaving the north to head to England, during the mission of going Ravensthorpe, Sigurd passes through the boat causing the AI to freak and the whole mission being stopped and me not being able to do anything without restarting the ENTIRE game. Then after getting to Ravensthorpe, during the battle with the Bandits, the bandits were walking and running on their SIDES. Not right side up, on their sides. The same thing happened when Hytham did his Leap of Faith with Eivor, running along his side until he jumped off. Next is the frame rate. In any cutscene involving particles or fire, the FPS tanks to 15, BLOODY 15! But I gave it time. And for my patience, we were rewarded with 3.0. I thought, maybe Ubisoft fixed it, maybe they were reliable for once in there bleeding lives. But I open the game to find all the bugs and issues still there. But guess what, more Ubisoft challenges, LIKE THERES NO BUGS TO BEGIN WITH. Ubisoft, the Assassins Creed games are the best games you have ever made, and in my opinion some of them are masterpieces. But this is a game I payed serious money for, I’m pretty sure it was 69.99. On its first update, I should only get about 2-3 glitches TOPS, because simply some things slip through testing. BUT this utter pile of rat garbage that you call Assassins Creed Valhalla makes me want to puke. Just vomit. You. Are. Better. Than. This. Please if you actually read this, fix all of the bugs in the next update. Do not dare release another one unless you are sure it works on every console or every PC. Please

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hheywood
    46 posts

@rinothemighty

Agreed. The QA has been terrible and every update seems to bring new bugs without fixing old bugs. This feels like a game that’s still in beta. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great game, but the bugs are truly laughably bad. It’s just so incredibly poor, it’s like it’s not even tested prior to release.

Great game but could be so much greater. I’ll remember it for the absurd bugs more than anything, which is a shame.

• rinothemighty
    Original poster 2 posts

@hheywood That seems the case for most new games. Cyberpunk 2077 for starters and now Valhalla. You can’t say it can’t be done, Rockstars Red Dead Redemption 2 is fantastic, mildly flawed, mind you, but over all its smooth, and I’d say nearly more diverse than Valhalla. I think simply that cash grabbing companies think they can sell us 70 dollar unfinished games. To quote Shigeru Miyamoto, A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad. Simply they were released before there time and needed way, way more tweaks. Assassins Creed Valhalla was in development for 2 and a half years and for a game that size, it needs so, so much more time. Cyberpunk 2077 was in development 4 years and was a pile of fun but only because of the glitches. Not even Valhalla’s glitches are fun. But for reference, RDR2 was in development 8 years, and the quality clearly shows, and might I add Valhalla was 10 bucks more than the standard RDR2 when it came out

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 675 posts

Hey folks, thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry you both have experienced so many issues with the game. We're happy to report these to the developers for investigation, and continually add to our list of megathreads to keep you all in the loop.

When reporting issues to us, a video of said issue and any reproduction steps are always really helpful - this allows the developers to quickly test the issue so they can investigate or work on a fix. Please feel free to include these in any reports you guys make!

I hope you guys enjoy the game regardless and rest assured, the Valhalla team are committed to making the game the best it can be.

Official Response
  • pauljhouston
    8 posts

I've actually given up on it now, because of the game breaking bugs. It's at the point now where I can't progress any further in the game, due to not being able to "talk" to various characters and complete missions, and the issue with drengrs and not being able to talk to them either. Complete waste of time and money, never buying another assassin's creed again. We should be on the payroll as we're basically just bug testers.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics