Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • sayukta
    3 posts

i just bought the game few weeks ago after completing ghost of tsushima.
    I have always been playing AC games since my childhood age.
    till now, I feel like unity has the best cloth physic but I don't understand what happened to valhalla.

after just playing few hours, I literally don't feel like to continue valhalla cause how boring the dressing, clothing and cape physic is.....
    everything look static...

if I had known such cloth physic is there in valhalla, I literally wouldn't be buying the game this early.....
    don't know what should I say.. i feel super terrible about the game.

hope dev team fix this as soon as possible. its super terrible right now......

• Yesin069
    456 posts

Sadly Ubisoft don't care!

We are in 2021 and in this times we expect some decent cloth physics and hair physics. It isn't like Ubisoft don't know how to do it. They done it good enough in all the game before Origins. In Origins it still was fine but a downgrade to Unity was obvious. Odyssey was the same as Origins but Valhalla just broke the system.

Longer robes should have their own physics and also the cape should fly in the wind and react like crazy when on a horse. Also the cape shouldn't clip in the most ugly way through horses when riding slowly.

These are just basic things that a game today should have. Some clipping here and there isn't the problem but Ubisoft didn't even try to hide the clipping...

• sayukta
    3 posts

im literally regretting it.
    if this is how dev team works then they wont be getting any money from my pocket ..
    this would be my last AC game...

definitely ghost of tsushima will continue and we will get awesome cloth physic in physic. or even batman game.

this is total garbage. i had never gotten this much hyper about any game.
    disappointed 1000%.

• Yesin069
    456 posts

Just wait for the horrible cloth physics and clipping when they make the next "godly gift" for us with the Ezio outfit...it just looks horrible with no cloth physics at all...it just looks like a Ezio mod from a terrible indie game...

• Yesin069
    456 posts

Unity and Origins by far had the best cloth physics.

• sayukta
    3 posts

@yesin069
    it literally looks garbage honestly
    AAA game without cloth physic

• DevourColossus
    13 posts

@txc-devv I agree that it all looks like one wrap. If they DO fix this, they would have to basically rebuild it, like they are doing with the combat system and one handed swords. I imagine that the soonest this will be rectified would be after the Wrath of the Druids or when they release the one handed swords.

• xrayspex_73
    133 posts

I really does move like a piece of cardboard stapled to our back.

• Deaddwin
    32 posts

All the capes do this their movement is not fluid

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 373 posts

@deaddwin Thanks for your feedback, I will forward this onto the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response
  • wzy2779292380
    17 posts

Still pay attention to this problem

• TXC-DEVV
    17 posts

@inuerp23 other parts are pretty much stuck to the character's legs which is a pretty lazy way to create

• wzy2779292380
    17 posts

In the coming DLC, will the cloth physics problem be improved?

• TXC-DEVV
    17 posts

@Ubi-Borealis will there by any cloth fixes coming in the dlc update? I'd love to go back and play more of this game but I'm totally putoff by the crappy cape.

• TXC-DEVV
    17 posts

Im hella superficial

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1333 posts

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. We currently don't have any further information to share from the development team regarding cloth physics in-game. Rest assured that we have passed on your feedback and reports. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

@TXC-DEVV - I would be unable to speculate on what is to be included in future updates. If we receive news that this is to be resolved in a future update, we will be sure to let you all know as soon as we are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TXC-DEVV
    17 posts

@ubi-borealis mate, if theyre not gonna fix it just say so

• DevourColossus
    13 posts

@txc-devv as much as it DOES feel like we are being strung along, it seems that these support individuals don't have a lot of contact with the Devs and are left out of the loop quite a bit. All they can really do is relay information.

• TXC-DEVV
    17 posts

@devourcolossus I suppose thats a fair point. Would be nice to have a definitive answer though. Even if it's a no.

• wzy2779292380
    17 posts

Still pay attention to this problem

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics