Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • wzy2779292380
    19 posts

NOBODY???????

• SoberStone999
    58 posts

@wzy2779292380 Nobody cares apparently.

• ZeroAssassin23
    4 posts

I played Valhalla on PC and Xbox ONE series X and both had the same stiff non existent cloth physics, i was really disappointed in it, i hope it's just a bug and the physics will be returned to the game ASAP,

P.S PLEASE UNLOCK THE CLOTH PHYSICS FPS CAP IN UNITY ON PC, the cloth physics in unity are wonderful but because i play higher than 30fps they are locked and look as bad as valhalla does right now

• ZeroAssassin23
    4 posts

I have had this game from day one on both Xbox One X/Series X and PC, in both versions since day one the cloth physics have been disappointing, they look WORSE than the physics from AC 1 and 2 which is truly saying something, i remember the promo trailer showing gameplay had the coats and cloaks flowing beautifully but now you're lucky if it looks like cardboard, please Fix the physics in Valhalla, and maybe while you're at it unlock the Physics in Unity as they seem to be locked at 30 FPS for no reason when most play on 60 and with the new consoles making them run 60fps and most PC's on 60 FPS or more the physics in unity fall far below what i know they can be.

• SoberStone999
    58 posts

@zeroassassin23 The first Assassin's Creed (2007) has better cloth physics than this one.

• DevourColossus
    13 posts

The fact that no one from ubisoft is responding and that Ubi-raziel hasn't responded to the answers for his own inquiries on the last thread tells me that they just don't want to admit that they purposely downgraded the physics. Yet they keep pushing out paid armors that just stick to your legs. Making it even more obvious that they don't give a [censored] about it.

• Democrito71
    8 posts

Ubisoft needs to fix the clothing physics on all character models.
    Every cloak, cape, robes and dresses is stuck characters back and legs like cardboard.

It really breaks the immersion compared to recent AC games like Origins(2017) where Bayeks robes moved realistic in the wind/sandstorms or older Ac games like AC3. Just watching how Haythams cloak and robe moves is quite impressive for a game originally released on PS3 and Xbox360 in 2012, a year after Skyrim was released where every cloak, cape, robes and dresses are stiff and lifeless like cardboard.

Because of the lack of physics on Eivors main game outfits, I've chosen not to upgrade the Raven Clan torso because of the immersion breaking stiffness in the flawless/mythical versions of the Raven Clan torso and I don't feel excited or curious on testing out other main game- or helix outfits since all of them are stuck on Eivors back and legs.

This has been the most downgraded detail I've noticed in this beautiful and otherwise great game, I hope the team fixing all the bugs and glitches are also working on fixing or adding clothing physics on all npcs and Eivors outfits alike.

I sincerely hope this was not by design, but merely a mistake or a bug/glitch they are trying to fix.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 586 posts

@zeroassassin23 Thanks for your feedback, I have forwarded this onto the dev team.

Official Response
  • ELIFIN
    2 posts

Cloak and robes physics freak out and bounce around whenever the player walks on stairs.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

They can't. Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla all run on the same engine and the same hardware. But in order to maintain the illusion of graphical improvement, they need to cut stuff they deem less important.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 669 posts

Hello @ELIFIN, welcome to the discussions!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I can see that this issue has been reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1883 posts

Hello there @Democrito71!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding cloth physics in-game. I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

I would recommend keeping an eye out within our News & Announcements forums for future updates and information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    534 posts

@daelosthecat

I played Origins recently and the cloth physics in Origins is by far better than in Valhalla. Just look at Bayek's clothes or when you climb on a building and move under some cloth. In Origins it reacts physically correct but in the game where they finally added a cape (Valhalla) the cloth physics is completely broken.

Even in Valhalla it seemed to have been better at one point short before release as seen here:

It isn't perfect but when riding a horse fast the cloak had some physics. Now it just floats in the air like cement.

Isn'T there a way to improve cloth physics in this engine? I remember in Syndicate there was something to add in the. ini-file on PC to unlock cloth physics from 30 fps. This engine seems to have a cloth physics switch that the devs need to enable but in Valhalla it is strangely desabled often. Even longer clothes that go down to the knees have no poper physics. You can see it more in the leaked Altair outfit in Valhalla. This looked and moved even better in AC1...

The complete part under the waist of this armor should be more dynamic but the physics seems to be broken. It looks like the udner part is just one unit that just moves a little bit.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@yesin069 As I said, they need to make compromises. Valhalla has some improvements in lighting. So they needed to tone something down in order for other things to look better. So while technically they CAN give us options to improve physics, particles and other stuff, they won't cause then the game will look much better on PC than it does on console. And that is not something any publisher will allow.

• Ubi-Mark.
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your feedback! I passed it along to the development team for further review. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through these forums, so please keep an eye out!

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Democrito71
    8 posts

@yesin069 Agree, the cloth physics were much better in both Origins and Odyssey than it is in Valhalla.

Bayeks robes moved realistically, Kassandras torso and waist armor pieces moved realistically as well, even the various cloth around the game worlds like banners on fortresses moved like real cloth. The cloth physics in Valhalla however, is downgraded on all platforms.

For a game that pride itself to have different unique armor pieces you can stumble upon in the world of Valhalla, I don't find much excitement when finding those due to the lack of physics. Why would I spend hard earned Opals or Helix credits on new outfits when all of them are stuck on the back and the legs? It's very distracting and it makes me think of Skyrims(2011) lack of cloth physics. Assassins Creeds cloth physics in all previous main games are quite impressive compared to Valhallas, which is a sentence that I'm sadden to write down. Altairs outfit is impressive for a game that were released 14 years ago. It's quite a shame Valhallas cloth physics are less great than its very first main game title.

Because of that, I only wear the superior version of the raven clan torso set since the issue is not as distracting compared to all other torso pieces. Despite the superior Raven clan torso set is shorter than the other main game torsos and robes, it have no physics on the red sash and the belt hanging from Eivors hip.

I'm sure Ubisoft can add actual(or activate)cloth physics through updates on all plattforms. If it requires a big update to support that alone, then it is necessary and needed for a game as beautiful as Valhalla. Valhalla deserves better cloth in-game physics.

• gearsmonger
    48 posts

@daelosthecat Sorry, but that excuse isn't going to fly. Let's not pretend Valhalla is the Crysis of AC games. Just about every aspect of this game is littered with bugs or downgrades. It's a minor enough detail they can afford to make it work right.

The fact of the matter is Ubisoft pushed this thing out long before it was ready so they could cash in on those sweet holiday dollars, and they were willing to compromise whatever they had to for that to happen. And post launch, bless their hearts, they've been more worried about adding in microtransactions than addressing the litany of issues in a timely manner.

• Yesin069
    534 posts

@Democrito71

Sadly I upgraded my Raven armor beyond superior and really wait for transmog now to use this look in-game. The upgraded armor gets too flashy with all the gold and white fur that it just looks wrong for a viking or a assassin-style.

The most annoying thing still is the physics. This kills immersion for me everytime. Even games like Dark Souls 3 or Nioh 2 have MUCH better cloth physics than this blockbuster game that nailed cloth physics in past games. Assassin robes should be pretty important in this franchise and i love it when games try to make them physically correct and flow in the wind or when you run. In Valhalla everything that is longer than to the knees is just stiff and doesnt move at all. IT looks like it is tapped on Eivors legs.

The cape also just has two states. One is when you walk very slow and this looks fine but you cant run at the same slow speed with a controller without concentrating a lot on how hard you press the analog stick. The second state is when you start running and the cape starts floating in the air (not the wind). It just looks so stiff and so like early PS3 titles. When Eivor is on a horse with the cape on it should bounce like crazy in the air and not just be in this floating state all the time.

Another thing that annoys the hell for me is the missing hair physics. I played a lot of Witcher 3 and rocked the Ursine armor rank 1. This game was from 2015 and had amazing hair and cloth physics. Eivors hair is just like cement and also feels like the old-schook "helmet-hair". Look back at Unity and Ubisoft should know how to handle long hair better.

Or just look at how cloth physics for longer robes and longer hair should be at least:

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics