Quick Suggestions

• Darth_Yes
    13 posts

Another patch rolls by and still the physics are completely broken still. 😕

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3571 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. The development team have reached out to us with a response regarding the cloth physics in-game.

We can confirm that the behavior of cloth physics in game is not a bug. We regularly introduce quality-of-life improvements to the game through Title Updates and share the details through our forums.

While cloth physics is not currently a priority in our pipeline, we'll look to review this feature for potential future improvements if the opportunity arises.

I understand that this may not have been the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused. If you have any additional comments or feedback you'd like to share with us in this thread, we are happy to pass it forward for the developers' consideration.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • SoberStone999
    59 posts

@darth_yes Was about to write that, can confirm. Patch 1.1.0 still no cloth physics.

• inuerp23
    Original poster 17 posts

Please if you guys can fix the cloak physics I'd appreciate it. Whenever I have it on or off and go up a flight of stairs the cloak just stutters for me. Yes it is a small thing but I feel the small things make the game as a whole and im sure I'm not the only one that is bothered by this.

• jmalkin177
    43 posts

Hello, I am reporting a couple issues with how fabric physics are operating and I will follow up with video clips and screenshots as soon as I am able. The first issue is that when Eivor walks down stairs, her cloak and hood has a very strange animation bug that make it seem to "bounce." The second issue deals with physics when Eivor is climbing while wearing an outfit such as The Hidden One's set. The robes of the outfit do not hang naturally as they should but instead cling to Eivor's legs as if they are glued to her pants. I understand this issue could be a little more complicated, but AC is a franchise that has always displayed beautiful flowing robes with great physics and we'd love to see that tradition prosper.

• jmalkin177
    43 posts

Here is how the robes of outfits stick like glue to Eivor's legs. undefined

• jmalkin177
    43 posts

Those are links to videos of the "bouncy" cloak physics when going up and down staircases.

• DevourColossus
    45 posts

It's not just the cloaks. It's all cloth physics. The valkary set, for example sticks to your legs when it should be flowing. All long clothed armor sets have zero physics. It's like we are back in 2005.

• SoberStone999
    59 posts

Update 1.1.1: Still not fixed, sad 😞

• Darth_Yes
    13 posts

Yep. So disappointed. It's really noticble on some armours especially when there is a bag, or bones etc. Or the cloth is glued to the back of the legs. Its so distracting.

• Krigarhund
    2 posts

update 1.1.1

Nice 2006 game-physics right here, chaps. Alla long cloth models looks like world of warcraft robes, hahah

• Krigarhund
    2 posts

Nice 2006 game-physics right here, chaps. Alla long cloth models looks like world of warcraft robes, hahah

• jakhi147
    29 posts
  • dmbro68
    8 posts

This is ridiculous a fix comes out and now the cloak physics are messed up seriously not good 😠

• Schmelllly
    2 posts

I personally would love to see the bow and heavy weapons still visible with the cloak on. I hate that these bulky weapons just disappear when the cloak is on. I don’t even use that cloak because it kills the stealth for me. Which sucks because this is an assassins creed game... and I’m doing stealth with no hood on... pretty silly if you ask me.

• inuerp23
    Original poster 17 posts

Hello Ubisoft, a friendly reminder that the cloak is not in a good state when going up stairs, I also realized( I took off the cloak because It was bothering me) that not only does the cloak jump, but the whole bottom half of Eivor jumps while going up stairs. Its been like this since the demo and not sure how you guys didn't catch it. I hope it can be fixed soon and that you take all this other feedback from others into consideration.

• DevourColossus
    45 posts

@ubi-raziel has there been any traction on this?

• Space_Husky
    7 posts

So do we reckon we'll ever get an update on the cloth physics in this game? It just seems so jarring how bad it is. It's been one of those key visuals of the AC franchise since the beginning, with a rapid improvement up until Origins. Ever since it has been practically non-existant. It just struck me as a bigger issue after getting the Arenhare'ko:wa set where the tail just sticks to the back of your legs. It looks so goofy and incomplete to the point where I can't understand why they'd look at that during development and go "yep, looks great!". I'd love to hear some insight by a developer on how these little things get ignored. Do people genuinely not notice this during development or is it just down to time?

Me personally, it has an effect on how the movement feels. The fluidity and visual satisfaction of seeing cloth trail behind the player, reacting to their movements and the wind, all combine to create a very pleasant experience, but that appears to be gone in Odyssey and Valhalla which is sad, imo. I'd love to see more attention put into making this simple detail more profound. Just look at Ghost of Tsushima as an example of brilliant cloth.

• inuerp23
    Original poster 17 posts

New update but the cloak/things on Eivors belt still remain the same, still jumpy when going up stairs.

• kryptontie
    1 posts

I have the same issue. I’m on pc. With i9 9900k 2080ti all settings ultra/highest. I’ve even changed all settings to low. I’ve tried messing with graphic card settings. And put back to global settings . No change, the cloak physics is the same on all cloaks. No matter what I do. Even the bottom of the armor studders at the back of your feet if you hide the cloak visuals.

have had this issue since game release.

Any updates on this for a fix?

• bales_of_fury
    3 posts

The cloth physics in this game are absolutely terrible. They would've looked terrible 10 years ago. I'm playing on ultra settings on PC and my cape looks like wet cardboard until I run up some stairs, then it vibrates and flickers. Nothing makes you feel like a badass viking LESS than moving like an action figure. Seriously Ubisoft, get it together and fire your QA guy.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics