Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@yesin069 As I said, they need to make compromises. Valhalla has some improvements in lighting. So they needed to tone something down in order for other things to look better. So while technically they CAN give us options to improve physics, particles and other stuff, they won't cause then the game will look much better on PC than it does on console. And that is not something any publisher will allow.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your feedback! I passed it along to the development team for further review. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through these forums, so please keep an eye out!

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Democrito71
    8 posts

@yesin069 Agree, the cloth physics were much better in both Origins and Odyssey than it is in Valhalla.

Bayeks robes moved realistically, Kassandras torso and waist armor pieces moved realistically as well, even the various cloth around the game worlds like banners on fortresses moved like real cloth. The cloth physics in Valhalla however, is downgraded on all platforms.

For a game that pride itself to have different unique armor pieces you can stumble upon in the world of Valhalla, I don't find much excitement when finding those due to the lack of physics. Why would I spend hard earned Opals or Helix credits on new outfits when all of them are stuck on the back and the legs? It's very distracting and it makes me think of Skyrims(2011) lack of cloth physics. Assassins Creeds cloth physics in all previous main games are quite impressive compared to Valhallas, which is a sentence that I'm sadden to write down. Altairs outfit is impressive for a game that were released 14 years ago. It's quite a shame Valhallas cloth physics are less great than its very first main game title.

Because of that, I only wear the superior version of the raven clan torso set since the issue is not as distracting compared to all other torso pieces. Despite the superior Raven clan torso set is shorter than the other main game torsos and robes, it have no physics on the red sash and the belt hanging from Eivors hip.

I'm sure Ubisoft can add actual(or activate)cloth physics through updates on all plattforms. If it requires a big update to support that alone, then it is necessary and needed for a game as beautiful as Valhalla. Valhalla deserves better cloth in-game physics.

• gearsmonger
    48 posts

@daelosthecat Sorry, but that excuse isn't going to fly. Let's not pretend Valhalla is the Crysis of AC games. Just about every aspect of this game is littered with bugs or downgrades. It's a minor enough detail they can afford to make it work right.

The fact of the matter is Ubisoft pushed this thing out long before it was ready so they could cash in on those sweet holiday dollars, and they were willing to compromise whatever they had to for that to happen. And post launch, bless their hearts, they've been more worried about adding in microtransactions than addressing the litany of issues in a timely manner.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@Democrito71

Sadly I upgraded my Raven armor beyond superior and really wait for transmog now to use this look in-game. The upgraded armor gets too flashy with all the gold and white fur that it just looks wrong for a viking or a assassin-style.

The most annoying thing still is the physics. This kills immersion for me everytime. Even games like Dark Souls 3 or Nioh 2 have MUCH better cloth physics than this blockbuster game that nailed cloth physics in past games. Assassin robes should be pretty important in this franchise and i love it when games try to make them physically correct and flow in the wind or when you run. In Valhalla everything that is longer than to the knees is just stiff and doesnt move at all. IT looks like it is tapped on Eivors legs.

The cape also just has two states. One is when you walk very slow and this looks fine but you cant run at the same slow speed with a controller without concentrating a lot on how hard you press the analog stick. The second state is when you start running and the cape starts floating in the air (not the wind). It just looks so stiff and so like early PS3 titles. When Eivor is on a horse with the cape on it should bounce like crazy in the air and not just be in this floating state all the time.

Another thing that annoys the hell for me is the missing hair physics. I played a lot of Witcher 3 and rocked the Ursine armor rank 1. This game was from 2015 and had amazing hair and cloth physics. Eivors hair is just like cement and also feels like the old-schook "helmet-hair". Look back at Unity and Ubisoft should know how to handle long hair better.

Or just look at how cloth physics for longer robes and longer hair should be at least:

• DevourColossus
    64 posts

@ubi-mark thank you Ubi-mark. I'm hoping that the same issues that were causing cloak stuttering were the same issues causing no cloth physics. Will update if issue was fixed with the patch that releases today.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about cloth physics into one single megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. By creating a single thread, it helps us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in one location.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your feedback and videos with us in the forums. The player support team has been passing these along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

I can see that a few of you mention having weird cloth graphics specifically when going up stairs. I'm happy to say that the development team plan to fix this in TU 1.2.0:

Improved character physics behavior when running up the stairs. *Clothes no longer go brrr.* 

We have passed on your additional feedback regarding cloth physics in other parts of the game, such as clothing sticking to Eivor's legs or more movement when walking/running/riding. Once we have any new updates from the ongoing investigation, they will be shared within this thread. In the meantime, please feel free to share your experiences and feedback within this thread, and we will pass it to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • SoberStone999
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis
    What I think we all are wondering is why aren't the cloth physics working like this video posted by Ubisoft?

For example we can see various clips of the main character riding the boat, horse, running and in all of these actions we can clearly see the cloth moving, but in the release version of the game it's not like that at all, just watch any gameplay video.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @SoberStone999!

Thanks for sharing this video with us! I can see that @Ubi-Raziel has already passed this video along to the development team as part of the investigation. I've also shared the videos that other players have recorded and shared themselves, demonstrating the cloth physics they're experiencing in their own games.

Once we have any updates from the investigation into cloth physics in-game, we will share this within the thread.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • TXC-DEVV
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis are they working on it? Would just be nice to know that theyre taking steps.

• TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

@txc-devv because nothing was ever done about odyssey

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @TXC-DEVV!

We have passed the reports about cloth physics to the development team so they can investigate these further. At the moment, we have no updates to share with you all from the ongoing investigation. Once we have any new information available, this will be posted within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

Please feel free to continue sharing your reports, feedback and videos within this thread, as we will pass these along for them to take a closer look at.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    64 posts

@ubi-borealis thank you so much! I'm glad we are getting traction on this!

• DevourColossus
    64 posts

it also just ruins the new Altair look as well. 😕

• TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks

• TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

@bloodreign_68 100%

• Space_Husky
    7 posts

@soberstone999 I mean, even in this video they look out of date. We went from an uphill improvement over the years to a sudden drop since Odyssey. Unity, Syndicate and Origins all massively improved on the physics of past games, then Odyssey came out. Sure it was present but to a very VERY small degree and something never felt quite right, like there was a huge limitation somewhere. Now Valhalla is out and every single outfit sticks to you like a clingy child. This video, although an improvement, is still [censored] poor in comparison.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics