Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hello there @wzy2779292380!

I understand that you would like us to provide more information from the investigation into the missing cloth physics. The player support team is unable to speculate on any fixes or ETAs for updates when these have not been shared with us. Please be assured that we have passed on all the reports and feedback that has been shared within this thread, and we are regularly checking in with the development team to see if we can receive any new information to share with you all.

Once we have any updates to share, these will be posted within this thread. In the meantime, please feel welcome to continue sharing your reports and feedback with us, and we will continue to pass this along to the development team.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • pesto.
    181 posts

Unfortunately chances are pretty much slim to non-existent that Valhalla will get cloth physics on elements that lack it right now.

The guys that run these forums are just the messengers so don’t go shooting them. Trust me they’re like us gamers and equally bemused by the responses they get in-house on this stuff. There’s always going to be that one coder who’s everyone is telling “x feels like [censored]” and they’re saying “nope everyone else is wrong, this is best, I’ll make it even more like that just to prove it!”. There’s always going to be that producer who insists “we need this to be a slow walk section” despite the entire rest of the company collectively face-palming because literally no-one ever anywhere has felt anything other than deep resentment and frustration at slow walk sections. Think of game development more like a miracle of overcoming the odds that anything comes out good at all… it’s one big crazy talented but also dysfunctional family that barely listens to itself let alone what people outside are saying. I mean ok let me put that another way - don’t feel bad that they’re not going to really listen to us, they barely listen to each other!

These forums are really here to entertain us [censored] and let off steam a little so we can feel like part of a community.

Heres why I don’t think there’s any interest in Ubisoft in implementing cloth physics by the way.

1. It’s been complained about since way before release. It has not been addressed nor changed since then. In fact it’s been complained about for the last three AC games.
    2. The assets haven’t been built with cloth dynamics. To add cloth would require re-rigging every single asset with cloth. Changing generic rigs to custom per-garment rigs. That’s a massive undertaking for little visual reward and zero gameplay reward.
    3. Valhalla is in maintenance mode at this point with a skeleton crew focused on DLC and bugfixes, the core teams who would work on such an update are busy working on other projects, possibly the next AC games. They may even be working on another iteration of Anvil that’s better suited at handling unified physics sims on the next generation consoles and PC GPUs, who knows, we can but hope.

It’s still important to vent about it and make it clear we all wish for better quality on these details for the future. Otherwise Ubi won’t know at all that this is important to players. Just try not to get too angry about the process of game making and accept that the game you get right now is to all intents and purposes the finished product.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the cloth physics in-game, @pesto.

I would like to reassure you that we are passing on all the reports that have been shared with us to the development team so they can be used in the ongoing investigation. We are also sharing all of the feedback and suggestions that have been made with the dedicated teams.

We are unable to speculate on investigations and provide updates when these aren't available. Rest assured that as soon as we have any new information to share from the development team regarding cloth physics in-game, these will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

If you haven't already, I would recommend checking out the recent Dev Blog, as this provides more insight into the internal development processes, as well as providing information on how investigations are carried out by the development team.

We welcome you to continue sharing your reports, any images/videos you would like to pass on, and your feedback regarding the issue. The player support team will continue to work alongside you and the development team to try and get these issues resolved.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • SoberStone999
    60 posts

What do you guys think, will they ever fix the amazing cloth physics of this game?
    Here is a funny immersion breaking bug I found.
    https://streamable.com/3m7fi2

• wzy2779292380
    31 posts

@soberstone999 Even NPC have better cloth physics than player's character.WHY? UBI MONTREAL?WHY?

• wzy2779292380
    31 posts

Still no response from the development team.All we have are"we are passing on all the reports"and"we have no new information to share from the development team".

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. The development team have reached out to us with a response regarding the cloth physics in-game.

We can confirm that the behavior of cloth physics in game is not a bug. We regularly introduce quality-of-life improvements to the game through Title Updates and share the details through our forums.

While cloth physics is not currently a priority in our pipeline, we'll look to review this feature for potential future improvements if the opportunity arises.

I understand that this may not have been the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused. If you have any additional comments or feedback you'd like to share with us in this thread, we are happy to pass it forward for the developers' consideration.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • SoberStone999
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Better than nothing! At least after 8 months after launch they admitted that the cloth physics is intended to be completely bogus!
    For those who are on PC you can install a mod that disables the capes without removing the hood.

• DevourColossus
    73 posts

@ubi-borealis damn the one game they are supporting for 2 years and they are just like, "yeah, [censored] cloth physics, [censored] immersion, and [censored] you". Just absolutely astounding that a AAA title that you pay over 100 usd for doesn't have such a basic [censored] feature. And then they're going to put out of this long armor to highlight the fact that they don't give a [censored]. Someone [censored] on their porch and burn it because that's basically what they did.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @DevourColossus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I understand that this may not have been the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. I have passed your feedback along to the dedicated team for consideration by the developers. If they decide to review cloth physics for potential future improvements, we will share this information within the forums.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis any chance you can just tell us no? Coz thats good enough. I dont really wana wait around if theyre not gonna bother.

• DevourColossus
    73 posts

@txc-devv that was straight up a "no, unless we suddenly decide to do it".

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @TXC-DEVV!

The development team have confirmed that the behaviour of the cloth physics in-game is not a bug. You can read their full statement below:

We can confirm that the behavior of cloth physics in game is not a bug. We regularly introduce quality-of-life improvements to the game through Title Updates and share the details through our forums.

While cloth physics is not currently a priority in our pipeline, we'll look to review this feature for potential future improvements if the opportunity arises.

I understand that this may not have been the response you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. If you have any additional comments or feedback to share regarding the cloth physics in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, we will gladly pass them forward for the developers' consideration. If you have any further questions or concerns about the cloth physics, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • guest-CK9jpZ6x
    1 posts

@darth_yes i actually found even with basim and his outfit, he has physics on his cape and abit on his robes but the one eivor gets has none at all, and some npc's capes look spectacular

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@guest-ck9jpz6x

Although Ubi believes otherwise, it must be a bug. You see clothes physics in the videos posted by Ubi themselves and A couple of times I noticed, the clothes physics sometimes will work (They are not that nice as in Origins, but they are in game). And I am not the only one, see

• pesto.
    181 posts

@b00msie that’s not really physics though is it? It’s still looking rigid and just looks like it’s rigged with a joint that rotates away based on forward momentum. There’s no ripple or flapping, no collision.

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@pesto

I agree, but it’s more then the game mostly shows. In the videos from Ubi you see how it should look (Like the mastery challenges video, look how smooth the cape moves during gameplay). I presume it’s a bug that causes the physics to show half or partly. But it shows there should be more.

https://www.ubisoft.com/nl-nl/game/assassins-creed/valhalla

• DevourColossus
    73 posts

Glad people still care about this slap in the face.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1265 posts

Hey all,

For the moment, the latest update we have received on this cloth physics topic is still the development team's official statement, which you can read below:

If we should receive any further updates detailing upcoming changes to the cloth physics or adjustments to the movement mechanics, we will let you know here in this megathread. 🙂

@B00MSIE & @pesto - Per the shared statement, this issue is not considered a bug at the present time. However, should improvements be made to the cloth physics, we will communicate about this here in this megathread. I know that this is a topic that many players are passionate about, so we're doing our best to document and pass forward all provided feedback. 🙂

@DevourColossus - Hey there! Please refer to the details above in my post. We're continuing to pass forward feedback on this subject and will provide updates in this thread if any upcoming changes or improvements are announced. Thank you for your understanding. 🙂

Official Response
  • wzy2779292380
    31 posts

WE PLAYERS STILL CARE.
    But I'm not sure the development team is the same.

Suggested Topics