Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Space_Husky
    7 posts

@daelosthecat I think that last bit is a cop out, personally. PC has always looked much better than console. That has never been an issue for devs or publishers. I personally think the games look and play worse without cloth physics. Static outfits look dated, boring and goofy having capes and tails cling to the back of your legs. And tbh, it's not that heavy of a task. I'd argue Unity and Syndicate were more graphically intensive and they managed it just fine, as did Origins.

• TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

@Ubi-Borealis any chance valhalla will ever get as good as origins? In terms of cloth animations that is.

• SoberStone999
    60 posts

@space_husky I know that it looks garbage compared to past games but it's an improvement from the released version, I don't get why would they drowngrade it if it was on purpose.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3894 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences and feedback with the cloth physics in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. I've passed these reports to the development team so they can take a closer look. We currently have no new updates to share from the investigation. Once we have any news to share, it will be posted within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out for this.

@TXC-DEVV - I would be unable to speculate on whether the cloth physics will match up to previous games. I've passed on all the feedback you have shared within this thread. Once we have updates from the development team, we will let you all know.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ZeroAssassin23
    4 posts

@ubi-raziel PC here and the cloth physics still aren't flowing enough, i would also like the Unity physics unlocked as they are locked to 30fps

• Democrito71
    8 posts

@yesin069 Congrats for the transmog feature added two days ago, now you can reverse the raven outfit back to the superior version. The less flashier, the better for my taste. I do like the flawless version of the raven clan torso, but it kills the immersion when the outfit is stuck on the back and the legs.

The close camera feature added in the update make the lack of physics less noticeable when walking, when you start running though, you'll be reminded of the lack of physics on the outfits again.

I want Eivors outfits to move like the superior and the master crafted version of the bear armor in the Witcher 3, since the outfits Eivor uses are of heavier materials compared to Bayeks/Kassandras thin fabrics on their outfits.

at 01:59 and forward.

Really like the Altair outfit added two days ago and such a nice detail that when wearing the outfit, Eivor runs like Altair/Alexios. However, even though I like the Altair outfit, it shows what a problem it is with the lack of cloth-physics in this game. Not only on Eivors outfits, but on all character models from Sigurd, Basim, Ivar and Ubba, all the rest of characters you come across in the story, your crew in your longboat, enemies and all the npcs roaming in the world.

I really hope and pray Ubisoft will fix this on all plattforms.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@democrito71

You are right! The missing cloth physics is most annoying on the legagy outfits and shows directly how dowgraded the cloth physics is in Valhalla. I just sticken to the superior raven armor because it is not so long that it would need cloth physics and not that annoying to look at because of that.

I also use the new near camera because it hides this problem a little bit.

It would be beter if they add Ezio's outfit from Revelations because it fits this viking age the most from all legacy outfits. Sadly they put no work at all in legacy outfits. They reuse the same ones as always and would never thing of adding Ezio's AC2 outfit or the one from Revelations. Always the one from Brotherood because this is the one they can reuse with no work from older titles.

• DevourColossus
    68 posts

This would be an excellent reference. This video came out before the game. Throughout this entire video the cape is flowing and the hood is actually bouncing, which I didn't even know was a feature originally. Not a great video for the cloth stuck to legs because of the basic armor equiped, but the cloth physics are there.

• NeoBlade16
    1 posts

The cloth simulation on the outfits in Origins was great. Especially on the legacy outfits. What has happened to it in Odyssey and now valhalla? When we got the Altair outfit for free recently, it was pretty much the same as Odyssey. It looked like the outfit was glued to the character's legs. I think its the same for the ezio outfit too. Will there be an update in the future to address this? Considering that we have the next gen consoles, I don't think it would be too difficult to do.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

@neoblade16
    There was much better cloth physics in pre-release version of Valhalla, according to some trailers and gameplay videos, but apparently was cut off at the very end somewhere for some reason.
    So, it might turn back once again someday.
    No official response on this topic was given by Ubisoft however... pretending that everything is working as it should. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• wzy2779292380
    28 posts

Any update for this problem?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3894 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback with us regarding the cloth physics in-game. We have passed these reports on to the development team for a closer look. Currently, we have no updates to share with you all from the investigation. Once any new information is made available to us, we will let you all know as soon as we are able to within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@ZeroAssassin23 - If you would like to share feedback about Assassin's Creed: Unity, I would recommend posting this in their dedicated forums.

@Yesin069 - Thank you for sharing your suggestions regarding legacy armour. I would also like to see Ezio's Revelations attire show up, as it's one of my favourites! I know the white and red is the classic Assassin colour palette, but I quite like the darker schemes myself. I also quite like Evie/Jacob's Master Assassins outfits, but they might look a bit out-of-place in Viking England 😅

@bloodreign_68 - Thank you for sharing that video with us. We've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    554 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thank you for the reply!

The team should really look into the physics of Valhalla. There is something really broken or intentionally turned back. It just looks horrible wehen wearing armor with longer robes or wearing the cloak.

Also the 30fps lock at things a certain distance away (like birds) looks horrible and should be a thing of the past for PC and next-gen consoles.

• TXC-DEVV
    18 posts

@yesin069 theyve also cut corners. Instead of creating topology for each piece of cloth that hangs below the waist, theyve created a single wrap. This is whats causing all of the stretching and sticking. They put so much care and efford into previous games, its a shame that they're continuing what was started in odyssey. If having a large variety of armour leads to this, i dont want it.

• xrayspex_73
    144 posts

That's crazy... I had no idea the cloth physics were actually working in Ubisoft pre-launch videos and now are missing in the launch version. I always thought they looked bad, but seeing how the are supposed to look.... just makes you sad and confused why they changed it.

I mean even in the videos while better than what we have now, it's no Ghosts of Tsushima level of cloth physics...

• sayukta
    3 posts

i just bought the game few weeks ago after completing ghost of tsushima.
    I have always been playing AC games since my childhood age.
    till now, I feel like unity has the best cloth physic but I don't understand what happened to valhalla.

after just playing few hours, I literally don't feel like to continue valhalla cause how boring the dressing, clothing and cape physic is.....
    everything look static...

if I had known such cloth physic is there in valhalla, I literally wouldn't be buying the game this early.....
    don't know what should I say.. i feel super terrible about the game.

hope dev team fix this as soon as possible. its super terrible right now......

• Yesin069
    554 posts

Sadly Ubisoft don't care!

We are in 2021 and in this times we expect some decent cloth physics and hair physics. It isn't like Ubisoft don't know how to do it. They done it good enough in all the game before Origins. In Origins it still was fine but a downgrade to Unity was obvious. Odyssey was the same as Origins but Valhalla just broke the system.

Longer robes should have their own physics and also the cape should fly in the wind and react like crazy when on a horse. Also the cape shouldn't clip in the most ugly way through horses when riding slowly.

These are just basic things that a game today should have. Some clipping here and there isn't the problem but Ubisoft didn't even try to hide the clipping...

• sayukta
    3 posts

im literally regretting it.
    if this is how dev team works then they wont be getting any money from my pocket ..
    this would be my last AC game...

definitely ghost of tsushima will continue and we will get awesome cloth physic in physic. or even batman game.

this is total garbage. i had never gotten this much hyper about any game.
    disappointed 1000%.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

Just wait for the horrible cloth physics and clipping when they make the next "godly gift" for us with the Ezio outfit...it just looks horrible with no cloth physics at all...it just looks like a Ezio mod from a terrible indie game...

• Yesin069
    554 posts

Unity and Origins by far had the best cloth physics.

Suggested Topics