Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/332 Replies/15359 Views
    SofaJockey
    370 posts

I understood a patch was due before month end.

Though often patches will correct how a glitch occurs, they may well not miraculously reverse something that went wrong earlier in a playthrough.

The first step a player should take is to go back to an earlier save, not to wait aimlessly for a retrospective 'fix' that may never come. 🙄

• zoembij
    4 posts

Same problem here. After escaping Odin i get a white loading screen for a few minutes. I come back in the cave alone and there's no cutscene starting, i can 't do anything anymore in the game. Fix this asap please, i haven't bought the collector's edition just to be stuck in a cave. The game is worthless now until this is fixed. I already put 76 hours in this and i am not planning on doing it all over.

• AustinRupp
    3 posts

Reloaded a save halfway through the mission and tried doing it without clothes or weapons. Didn't help. Naked doesn't help. I'm reloading a save from 6 hours before and I'm going to speed run my way back while making frequent saves. I'm bored of waiting.

• Synxc
    12 posts

@austinrupp Have fun, glad you got the luxury of having previous saves

• Nugthug4.2.0
    1 posts

ITS GETTING REALLY [censored] OLD I CANT BEAT THE GAME CUZ MY BROTHERS KEEPER QUEST IS GLITCHED OUT IT HAS BEEN FOR OVER A WEEK [censored] R U DOING UBISOFT GET OFF UR LAZY [censored] ASSES AND FIX THE GOD DAMN GAME U PILE OF [censored] ITS GETTONG SERIOUSLY [censored] OLD !!! IDFC ABOUT OTHER GLITCHS... MAKE THE GOD DAMN GAME BEATABLE [censored] I DID ALL THE WORK FOR THORS HAMMER TO NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO GET THAT GOD DAMN FAR ... [censored] FIX IT U ASSHOLES DO U DUMBASSES NOT SEND A COPY HOME WITH SOME OF UR EMPLOYEES TO AT LEAST MAKE [censored] SURE THE GAME IS FULLY BEATABLE BEFORE U [censored] RELEASE IT GODDAMNNN

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

Geez sofajockey....that's brilliant...just brilliant. why didn't I think of that, let's see how far back to an early save should I go.30 hours...60 hours oh hell why not just trash the 100 +hours and start over.Then I can aimlessly play hoping the same thing won't continue happening.gosh dude you are gifted, why ask for a fix when we have hope and prayer!!!

• AnimusLover
    179 posts

@sofajockey This. A save reload should be the first solution. Patch should be the last resort. That said the first solution should be not to release a game in a trash state.

• SofaJockey
    370 posts

@duskdragon56496 It is a pretty good suggestion because it works.

A game of this size, even when polished, can have the occasional glitch. Assuming you have an available save from the last area when you were somewhere else all should be good. The game comes with 20 manual save slots and several auto and quick saves for a reason.

Bugs tend to be intermittent, which is why they get missed. If the bug happened every time it wouldn't have reached launch with it. Re-approaching the bug location slightly differently can often bypass it. Even if Ubi patch the bug, it's unlikely such a 'fix' will address a broken save.

• AnimusLover
    179 posts

@sofajockey Regarding a bug happening everytime meaning it would not have launched with if...that's not true at all hence we get "know issues" posts before release.

• Dylan1990_
    26 posts

@synxc another day another jog around the cave

• AnimusLover
    179 posts

@duskdragon56496 Yeah, Isee your point. I had to reload 3 days worth of playtime and the worst part was the nagging feeling Id have to do it again. It should not be on he player to micromanage the game like this.

• dbzxaar
    3 posts

stuck in the cavern with no escape

• vinckeee
    6 posts

same problem here stuck in that room --,

5 days waiting now !!!!!!!!

• dbzxaar
    3 posts

w t f ubisoft

• dbzxaar
    3 posts

do u know when they gonne fix it ?????

• SofaJockey
    370 posts

@animuslover You're right, it absolutely shouldn't be on the player.

Autosaves should sweetly keep everything ticking and all the quests, big or small should work.

But given that we've chosen to play a somewhat buggy game at launch, I'm taking a practical step to maintain a generous manual save history in order to have an even chance of reaching a completionist ending.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

Dude for crying out loud it isn't an occasional glitch this is a game breaking problem for many people. simply returning to earlier saves is no guarantee the problem will be fixed.I paid 130 for this game and as Animus said it shouldn't be up to the player to locate and try to fix the problem and hope it won't occur in future playthroughs that's a ridiculous solution. You had no trouble with your playthrough sofa, great good for you happy to hear it, I wasn't so lucky neither were many people the problem should have been addressed and fixed as soon as Ubisoft were made aware of it....instead they chose to ignore it,fix it at a convenient time for them, meanwhile A lot of people are saddled with a broken game they can't even play!

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

Tell you what sofa, you tell me where the problem is at, and I'll return to the save before that,if I can, and do my darndest to try and no repeat the sequence that caused the problem in the first place...so ready when you are what part is causing the game not to complete?

• Dylan1990_
    26 posts

@dbzxaar they tweeted someone back saying a title update is coming this week, but because they are still investigating this problem we will probable still be stuck

• willzharwood98
    1 posts

@synxc This is the exact same as me! as soon as you hear that stabbing sound you know its just not going to work. 😞

Suggested Topics