Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• warcaptain
    4 posts
    Hello there @warcaptain!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when prompted to "Follow Sigurd" during "A Brother's Keeper." Thank you for providing a detailed report of your experience with this quest.

I can see that the development team are investigating an issue wherein Sigurd doesn't move when prompted to during this quest. To help the team to investigate this further, would you be able to provide us a video that shows the following:
    • Sigurd standing at the docks in Fornburg, rather than being at Goinnhellir
    • Upon travelling to Goinnhellir, Sigurd standing where he should be with the quest marker
    • After "following" Sigurd, the quest objectives updating but nothing happening to progress the quest further

We can then include this video in your report to the development team, so they can take a closer look at this issue.

Thank you 🙂

Here's is a video I took that should help. It would take a long time to travel from the docks to the cave, but this does show the quest marker of him at the docks jumping straight to the cave, and then me walking up to him at the cave and him doing nothing.

As a reminder, when I stopped this quest we had already climbed the mountain and entered the cave, he was waiting for me at the entrance of Yggdrasil ready to open the door for us before I turned away. Once I fast traveled back to Norway or load a quick save from within Norway (like in my video), he was standing at the docks unresponsive, but then when I fast traveled to anywhere else in Norway or if I walk past the ice door in Goinnhellir He immediately jumps to right in front of the Yggdrasil entrance doors but won't do anything or trigger the cutscene when I approach. If you think seeing a video of him actually standing at the docks would help, let me know, But hopefully the video I provided below will give you a good example of what is happening.

• feresassal
    9 posts

After the last patch, this issue was fixed for me.

Thanks. 6 months after start playing, i can continue my gameplay.

Unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the yule festival and other events, but, finally, I can play my 120 hour save again.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Hello there,

@warcaptain - Thank you for sending us a video of the issue you're encountering with Sigurd. I can see the quest marker teleporting between the two locations clearly. I've passed this along to the development team for a closer look. If they would like a video that shows Sigurd teleporting from Goinnhellir to the docks in Fornburg, we will request this video from you within this thread.

@feresassal - I'm glad to hear that you're able to progress in "A Brother's Keeper" now! Thank you for providing us with an update 😄 I'm sorry that this issue caused you to miss out on some of our previous events. I'd recommend keeping an eye out on our official website for more information on any new events coming to Assassin's Creed: Valhalla in the future.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "A Brother's Keeper" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fix for the following issue:

• Unable to defeat Basim when fighting him as Eivor

If you are still encountering issues with "A Brother's Keeper" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide a status update regarding the other ongoing investigations into "A Brother's Keeper:"

• During the fight with Odin, it is possible for Eivor to reach the stairs even with their axe equipped (does not allow progression)
      • Comments: We have not received many reports of this issue with Odin not pulling the player back to the centre of the fight using their axe, so if you are impacted by it, please let us know and provide your save files if possible so that the developers can investigate further. Please note that reaching the stairs with the axe equipped will prevent you from climbing them, and you will instead pass through them without the cutscene starting.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Krissy004
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hey there,

I am still having the issue where I cannot fight Basim. The update has not fixed it.

Here is a video showing I am on the latest update:
    https://imgur.com/a/XHIOf9d

here is the issue itself:
    https://imgur.com/a/NhpGa7W

hopefully fixed ASAP, I cannot play Valhalla at all because I am stuck in this quest.

• Idellmarko
    3 posts

I was able to get past the Odin fight, as well as the Basim fight, but got stuck after a cutscene which took me down an elevator, into some water then to a tower I had to climb in order to continue the quest, but couldn't climb! I tried dozens of times to climb this tower, but couldn't. Up to this point on my PC, the game had performed flawlessly. I reported this to ubisoft support, and they said they are working on it. I can not finish this game until this is fixed!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@Krissy004 - I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're still encountering trouble when fighting Basim. Thank you for taking the time to send us a video of the issue, as well as that you have the latest Title Update installed. I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

@Idellmarko - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble in "A Brother's Keeper. Would you be able to send us a video of the issue you're encountering after defeating Basim? We can then forward this to the development team for a closer look.

In the video, please can you show your current quest objective within "A Brother's Keeper" as well?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Idellmarko
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I have already sent the video requested.

• Ubi-Borealis

Would you be able to let me know where you shared the video, @Idellmarko? It doesn't look like you've shared a video with us within this thread. I've checked your support ticket, and I'm only able to find screenshots here. These screenshots don't show your current quest objective within "A Brother's Keeper" either. Would you be able to share the video you've taken with us within this thread, so we can take a closer look? Please ensure that your current quest objective is displayed, as this will be helpful in identifying your progression within the quest.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @Krissy004!

The development team has taken a closer look at your report, and it looks like you've been able to successfully complete "A Brother's Keeper." This would imply that you've been able to successfully defeat Basim. Can you confirm if the issue has been resolved?

If you have any save files from before or during the boss fight, the development team would be interested in collecting these for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics