Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TNOutlaw0816
    1 posts

I was having the same issue as everyone else on here. I was playing on Xbox Series X, with 117 hrs in the game. So initially I was getting stuck after Odin defeats me, running through the stair case and etc.. Saw from this thread, unequipping the axe helped. It was able to get me to the cutscene and over to where you fight Basim. Now, it was getting stuck here, with the platform not moving and Basim had no health bar. I was eventually able to get past this by just fighting here . I used the Kick of Tyr quite a bit, knocking him down, and then stomping him. Eventually he did an assassination move on me, and it went to a short cutscene, allowing the platform to move. Once I continued I had no further issues with the mission.

• guest-DAmdada2
    1 posts

@kyledofduty ah you legend! Thank you so much for this, I never would have got it 😂

• ExclusiveHopper
    1 posts

Having the same issue. I just walk right through the stairs after fighting Odin.

• MaJiCaL_pOwErS
    2 posts

(Spoilers ahead)

Im near the endgame after Layla goes into the Asgard thing that stabs you and basim takes your staff, but as soon as the white loading screen goes away basim is stuck in the circle where the machine is and I can’t move/ do anything. I tried loading a save farther back by about 20 mins but it just gets stuck at the same part. I’m 118 hours in and on ps4, please help 😞

• JAKE_DIEZL
    1 posts

I am having the same problem. I defeat Odin, then Sigurd appears and waves me towards the doors withe the golden staircase. I go to run up the stairs and run right through the stairs into NOTHING. I can see the blue dots below the ground, but I cannot see the people up the stairs nor can I go up the stairs.

Also, my character lost all of his style and dress. Did that happen to anyone else?

• feresassal
    9 posts

Downloaded the game again to check possible bug fixes in the latest patch (1.1.1). Not yet resolved. I can't "report" hordafylke arc to Randvi. Sigurd is gone (I didn’t have the cutscene, with enough choices for the "good ending", of him coming back with Eivor to the camp) and, for that reason, I cannot start the hamtunscire arc.

😞

To recap: I didn't have the last cutscene of the Hordafylke Arc. I started to control Basin, after the Laila's final cutscene. Looked, with basin, to Eivor's bones. Joined Animus. Nothing happened. No cutscene. Sigurd is missing. No possibility of starting new missions (including, I missed the Yule festival for that).

• feresassal
    9 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello everyone!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you all for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of the issue. The development team are still investigating the issues with "A Brother's Keeper" further, as mentioned by Ubi-Woofer earlier in the thread. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and appreciate your ongoing patience as we look into this further.

The team are still interested in collecting additional videos and the save files of affected players as part of the investigation. If you play the game on PC/PS4 and have encountered this, please could you open a support ticket and attach a copy of your save file. Once you've done this, please can you share your ticket number within this thread so we can gather the data and pass it onto the team. Thank you! 😊

@guest-R9jwt4GV - That sounds like a peculiar issue. Thank you for trying some troubleshooting steps already! Would you be able to provide a video that shows this issue happening in-game? Additionally, if you could open up a support ticket and submit your save file for investigation, this would be very helpful. Thank you!

Tomphelps43, Alekfrost17, kyledofduty & TNOutlaw0816 - Thanks what sharing helped to get you past this issue! 🙂 Hopefully, the steps you've shared can be a workaround for players who are still encountering this in their game.

@tomoian74 - Thanks for reporting this. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the fight with Basim. The development team are also investigating this issue further, and would be interested in collecting an additional videos or save files. As you're on PC, would you be able to open a support ticket and submit both a video showcasing the issue and a copy of your save file? Thanks!

@stripey1988, @guest-seLxP5G3 & @feresassal - I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this issue, and that your alliance with Hordafylke is not marked as complete once finishing this quest. The development team is looking into this issue further, and would like to collect additional information from affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, would you also be able to submit your save files for investigation, so we can pass them onto the team? Thank you!

Official Response
  • heyyou55
    1 posts

Reporting a bug on "Brother's Keeper" quest.

On loading screen to Odin's walk a sound is triggered once (the hidden blade sfx). The walk progresses normally, the fight progresses normally. After the next load screen, last "hologram" Odin showed before appears briefly and there are 2-3 secs of pause. Hologram disappears, and Odin remains standing still, Sigurd appears with the doorway.

Player character is able to walk through to the stairs, but the stairs do not register as solid and the player character passes through on flat ground.

Restarts, reloads, and earlier saves in the mission itself have not worked. Now trying a reload of the start of "Storming the Walls" mission manual save to see if it can be reloaded properly (earliest manual save available).

Console is Xbox One, updates are all current.

• FreakyAT
    1 posts

I can't continue from this point foward.
    The cutscene that should play doesn't and the stairs are non solid.
    Reloading the game or/and the save isn't helping.
    An earlier save aprox. 15 min earlier is not helping either.
    undefined

• Ynrom44
    1 posts

I was 390 power strong and after odin there is no Sigurd or Basim, this is a huge problem, many hours has been put into playing and the new physical games is quite expensive. Please fix it.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @FreakyAT,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed. I can see that this issue has been already reported and it's currently being investigated. Can you please confirm on what platform are you currently playing? Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Sailor_Yuki
    1 posts

I get stuck with fighting Basim. After the cut scene druing our fight where he wants to see the scar and we fight again, nothing else happens. I keep fighting him and following the instructions I've found online, but nothing. 10-20 min of just fighting him and nothing else. It's frustrating since I can't progress. He's supposed to run off to find Sigurd but doesn't. I've tried everything to fix this. Any suggestions?

• slayers2s
    1 posts

i'm on PC not xbox and i can't get thought the basim fight in a brothers keeper either i play it for hours and the character freezes in place and basim just attacks and i take no damage after i the hours i've played this is the first game breaking bug i've ran into fix fix it already

• gsicard24
    1 posts

This is a really devastating bug. I'm 80 hours in, I fight Odin then Sigurd waves me over to the stairs. I walk over but can walk right through the stairs and can find no way to trigger anything to move forward.

Please, please fix this bug as I'm so close and really want to finish this game.

I'm on Xbox Series X.

• feresassal
    9 posts

Another patch, another frustration!

I can't "report" hordafylke arc to Randvi. Sigurd is gone (I didn’t have the cutscene, with enough choices for the "good ending", of him coming back with Eivor to the camp) and, for that reason, I cannot start the hamtunscire arc.

Recap: I'm controling Basim, after Laila final cutscene -> Enter ANIMUS -> No cutscene. No signal of Sigurd (or the cutscene with Eivor and Sigurd returning to the camp). Can't report Hordafylke Arc to Randvi. Can't start Hamtunscire Arc. Stuck.

😞

• sisterrsoul
    1 posts

I am fighting Odin in the Valhalla and keep getting pulled back when I try to run to the stairs, I have tried disarming the axe but it just reappears.

There is no way to progress so it's basically a game breaker 😞

I've played about 300 hundred hours with no problems, can't believe it's broken now 😞

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 782 posts

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports of these issues with "A Brother's Keeper" here in this thread. I sincerely apologise that it has been a little while since our last reply here. We've identified a few different issues now that we are continuing to investigate, and I'll summarise these below:

• During the fight with Odin, it is possible for Eivor to reach the stairs even with their axe equipped (does not allow progression)
      • Comments: We have not received many reports of this issue with Odin not pulling the player back to the centre of the fight using their axe, so if you are impacted by it, please let us know and provide your save files if possible so that the developers can investigate further. Please note that reaching the stairs with the axe equipped will prevent you from climbing them, and you will instead pass through them without the cutscene starting.
    • After the fight with Odin, Sigurd and Basim do not spawn for the cutscene to start
      • Status: Additional save files requested in to investigate further
      • Comments: The developers require additional save files from players who are affected by this issue in order to investigate it further. If you are playing on PC or PS4 and this is the issue that you are facing, please provide your save files in a support case or via Live Chat and let me know your case reference number so that I can fetch these files and pass them to the developers!
    • Unable to defeat Basim when fighting him as Eivor
      • Comments: This issue with Basim continuing to attack and Eivor being unable to attack/move further could not be reproduced however the developers are looking into it further at the moment. Any save files where this issue is present would therefore be very helpful for the team to aid in further attempts to reproduce this issue. As soon as I hear more from the team about this issue, I'll let everyone know here.
    • After Layla's conversation with The Reader, Basim's revival cutscene does not start
      • Comments: A fix is planned for this issue in a future update. When we know the date of the patch where this fix will be implemented, we'll share this information here in the thread.
    • Unable to report on Hordafylke to Randvi
      • Status: Additional save files requested in to investigate further
      • Comments: The developers require additional save files from players who are affected by this issue in order to investigate it further. If you are playing on PC or PS4 and this is the issue that you are facing, please provide your save files in a support case or via Live Chat and let me know your case reference number so that I can fetch these files and pass them to the developers!

I have seen several people mentioning that they are unable to climb the stairs with Sigurd and everyone else from Ravensthorpe at the close of the fight with Odin. I'd like to ask anyone affected by this issue to clarify the following, so that I can better-understand the issue and pass any additional information to the developers that they may need, or if this is a slightly different issue to the ones that they are already looking into:

• When trying to climb the stairs, do you have your axe equipped, or unequipped?
      • You should have it unequipped in order to proceed.
    • When you draw close to the stairs, does a cutscene start with Odin and everyone, or are you still free-roaming as Eivor?
      • A cutscene should start - you do not manually climb the stairs if the objective succeeds in progressing.
    • Could you please provide a video demonstrating the conclusion of the fight, and the outcome as it happens for you?
      • Videos would be helpful to understand how you are approaching the staircase, and to check for any problems with your approach.

Thank you all for your assistance, and I hope that you are all staying safe and well. 🙂

Official Response
  • AgentCarter27
    1 posts

I have been battling Basim, and am on the second "level" with him. I stunned him into the side--like into the wall, if there was one there. I have tried a bunch of stuff to trigger him out, but cannot get him to move. Ideas? Thx

• lang101
    2 posts

Am in brothers keeper mission am in room with ordinary but no door to get out of room all saves take me back to room with no exit frustrated .com
    Playing on xbox series x .
    Any help appreciated.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics