Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lang101
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hey @lang101 - is your issue any of the five I have written about above? If not, can you please provide a video showing the exact issue you are facing, so that I can provide advice?

It would be helpful if you could also specify the platform you are playing on, and whether reloading your most recent Episode Save (not manual or quick save) is something you have tried. Thanks!

Official Response
  • DntCallMeJunior
    2 posts

Hi, I have completed the quest but I'm still pledge to Norway and randvi doe not have an option to say its done or pledge to last area in England.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello all!

Following the announcement of TU 1.2.0, I would like to provide you all with an update regarding the ongoing investigations into "A Brother's Keeper." This update is due to be deployed 16 March, 2021 at 1PM CET/8AM EDT. You can read the patch notes and learn more here.

The following issue is due to be fixed with the release of this update:

• After Layla's conversation with The Reader, Basim's revival cutscene does not start

If the cutscene still doesn't start for you following the release of TU 1.2.0, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. It would be helpful if you are able to include a video that shows you have TU 1.2.0 installed, and that the cutscene still does not start. We can then pass this along for further investigation.

I would also like to remind you all of the status of the other ongoing investigations that we are aware of:

• During the fight with Odin, it is possible for Eivor to reach the stairs even with their axe equipped (does not allow progression)
      • Comments: We have not received many reports of this issue with Odin not pulling the player back to the centre of the fight using their axe, so if you are impacted by it, please let us know and provide your save files if possible so that the developers can investigate further. Please note that reaching the stairs with the axe equipped will prevent you from climbing them, and you will instead pass through them without the cutscene starting.
    • After the fight with Odin, Sigurd and Basim do not spawn for the cutscene to start
      • Status: Additional save files requested in to investigate further
      • Comments: The developers require additional save files from players who are affected by this issue in order to investigate it further. If you are playing on PC or PS4 and this is the issue that you are facing, please provide your save files in a support case or via Live Chat and let me know your case reference number so that I can fetch these files and pass them to the developers!
    • Unable to defeat Basim when fighting him as Eivor
      • Comments: This issue with Basim continuing to attack and Eivor being unable to attack/move further could not be reproduced however the developers are looking into it further at the moment. Any save files where this issue is present would therefore be very helpful for the team to aid in further attempts to reproduce this issue. As soon as I hear more from the team about this issue, I'll let everyone know here.
    • Unable to report on Hordafylke to Randvi
      • Status: Additional save files requested in to investigate further
      • Comments: The developers require additional save files from players who are affected by this issue in order to investigate it further. If you are playing on PC or PS4 and this is the issue that you are facing, please provide your save files in a support case or via Live Chat and let me know your case reference number so that I can fetch these files and pass them to the developers!

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • warcaptain
    4 posts

Platform: Xbox Series X
    Patch: 1.2.0

I am at the part in Brother's Keeper where you follow Sigurd into Goinnhellir and can either go left to get Gungnir or go right and meet Sigurd at the door to the Yggdrasil chamber. I got Gungnir but after that I fast travelled away to finish all of the Asgard and Anomaly missions before progressing leaving poor Sigurd behind to wait in the cave alone.

Later, after I fast traveled back to Norway, Sigurd was unexpectedly standing at the docks of Fornburg (where you arrive automatically upon returning to Norway) with the valknut quest marker above his head but doesn't do anything when I come near him or offer any option to talk. I fast travelled to a point closer to the Goinnhellir cave and once the game loaded there it showed the quest marker in the cave where it should be.

Once I arrived at Goinnhellir, Sigurd was where he should be, and my quest log says "Follow Sigurd". When I walk just past him towards the door, instead of the cutscene starting as it should, "Follow Sigurd" goes away and the quest log says "Quest Updated" but is empty with no bullet points. Sigurd does not have the quest marker above him anymore, no cutscene starts, and I am essentially unable to progress in the Brother's Keeper quest anymore.

I saw in patch 1.2.0 changelog that there was a note in the changelog for "Addressed an issue in A Brother's Keeper that prevented a cutscene from playing." and hoped that would be the fix, but sadly it appears that was for a bug later in the quest and not this one early on.

Please help!

• plasma06
    3 posts

I can't unequip my weapon during the Odin fight.
    The option is greyed out and doesn't work when I click on it with kb and m as well as a controller on patch 1.2.0.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there @plasma06! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble in the fight against Odin. Would you be able to send us a video that shows you're unable to unequip your weapon whilst in the fight? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • plasma06
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Here is the video I recorded of the un-equip issue

• Darkhearthowlin
    8 posts

The quest for me is marked complete, i can move freely around the map everything after that however will not start for me

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 501 posts

Hey @warcaptain, my apologies for my lateness in getting back to you. I wanted to let you know that our team is currently aware of this issue and is investigating this further. In the meantime, we thank you for bearing with us as we resolve this issue.

Official Response
  • plasma06
    3 posts

@plasma06 So after loading an autosave from the same quest I went back into the fight. This time I could unequip my weapon, same patch but it worked maybe it was a bad save with corruption. All is well that ends well I guess. I have managed to continue the story so problem solved I guess.

• Darkhearthowlin
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis How do we provide you with the save files as this an issue i am having which has bascily remove the game form my hardrive until its sorted

@feresassal Same as myself they are asking for us ot upload our saves to them to check them but i dont know how.

• Darkhearthowlin
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ban100fan
    3 posts

So I’m at the Basim boss fight and I can’t progress as when I stun him in the circle, instead of a cutscene starting, my character gets stuck in place after stunning Basim in the circle. I tried reloading my save, uninstalling and reinstalling and replaying throughout the entirety of the mission but it won’t fix itself. I also attached a picture trying my best to describe a different bug I had during the fight, just in case that’s why my games screwed. The first time I faced Basim, he launched me off the side with a heavy attack while I was out of stamina and I died. Then, on my second attempt, he hit me again with a heavy and I got stuck behind an invisible barrier. The weird wall spike thing to the left of the staircase leading to the entrance is where he launched me and he got stuck behind it as well but on the other side of the barrier doing his dash attack. And since I couldn’t do anything, I went down a floor, at the bottom of the staircase, and was again stopped by the invisible wall. Me and Basim could hit each other but there was no point since I was very very stuck and I jumped off the edge and died. On my third attempt, I had learned his moves and stuff and so I was stunning him constantly but didn’t know how I would be able to beat him. Then, Sigurd told me to stun him in the circle so I did and that’s where I couldn’t move and could only go to the title screen. I hope that this can get fixed soon as I haven’t done much of the Ostara festivities and also missed out on being able to get the Hels damnation chest piece from Reda. Thanks!
    -Ban100fan
    P.S. Here's a link to a youtube video where I recorded the bug -

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hello everyone,

The development team have again requested additional information and save files regarding the issue with the cutscene with Basim and Sigurd not starting after the fight with Odin concludes. In order to proceed further in their investigation, and try to identify a fix, they need this information. If you are experiencing this issue, please reply to me here with as many details as possible (including the platform you are playing on) and a video of the issue if you are able to do so as well. We can then discuss further the provision of save files.

Please find the latest status updates regarding each of the issues we are aware of with this quest below -

• During the fight with Odin, it is possible for Eivor to reach the stairs even with their axe equipped (does not allow progression)
      • Comments: We have not received many reports of this issue with Odin not pulling the player back to the centre of the fight using their axe, so if you are impacted by it, please let us know and provide your save files if possible so that the developers can investigate further. Please note that reaching the stairs with the axe equipped will prevent you from climbing them, and you will instead pass through them without the cutscene starting.
    • After the fight with Odin, Sigurd and Basim do not spawn for the cutscene to start
      • Status: Additional save files needed in to investigate further
      • Comments: The developers require additional save files from players who are affected by this issue in order to investigate it further. Without them, they are unable to proceed. If you are playing on PC or PS4 and this is the issue that you are facing, please provide your save files in a support case or via Live Chat and let me know your case reference number so that I can fetch these files and pass them to the developers!
    • Unable to defeat Basim when fighting him as Eivor
      • Comments: This issue with Basim continuing to attack and Eivor being unable to attack/move further could not be reproduced however the developers are looking into it further at the moment. Any save files where this issue is present would therefore be very helpful for the team to aid in further attempts to reproduce this issue.
    • After Layla's conversation with The Reader, Basim's revival cutscene does not start
      • Comments: The fix for this issue was deployed as part of TU 1.2.0. If anyone should still be encountering this issue, please let us know, and provide a video demonstrating this.
    • Unable to report on Hordafylke to Randvi
      • Status: Could not be reproduced; additional save files requested in to investigate further
      • Comments: The developers require additional save files from players who are affected by this issue in order to investigate it further, as after attempting to reproduce this issue multiple times, they could not do so. If you are playing on PC or PS4 and this is the issue that you are facing, please provide your save files in a support case or via Live Chat and let me know your case reference number so that I can fetch these files and pass them to the developers!

@plasma06 - Thank you for sharing this video with us. I watched it, and would like to ask - were you able to equip the axe to your opposite hand if trying to equip a weapon from there? Or could you simply not remove the axe at all from either hand? I'm glad that reloading a previous save allowed you to progress. 🙂 Let us know if you encounter any further issues!

@Darkhearthowlin - Is the quest you are referring to as being completed "A Brother's Keeper"? Do you mean that since completing it, you have not received a new objective to follow? Could you possibly provide a screenshot showing this please? I'd recommend reloading a save from before completing the quest if possible and trying again to do so as a first troubleshooting step. To provide save files, you can follow the instructions in our guide here.

@Ban100fan - Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are experiencing here on the forums, and for providing this video. I've forwarded it over to the development team now for them to review and use as part of their ongoing investigation. If you have any additional context that you think could be helpful for them to know, please don't hesitate to reply to me and let me know! 🙂

Official Response
  • noo8ym4ster18
    7 posts

@garantat100 For me I fight him and then Sigurd shows up and... Nothing. There's a staircase but I can interact with it. Just nothing happens. Whenever I load there's a "shink" sound too. Playing on Series S.

• noo8ym4ster18
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer Odin doesn't pull the axe on my save file. There's a "shink" sound, as if cutting with a dagger, when I load. How do I submit the save file? Playing on a Series S.

• noo8ym4ster18
    7 posts

@noo8ym4ster18 The sound it makes is exactly the same sound that plays when we cut Sigurd's arm. After that fight every save is corrupted and plays that sound.

• noo8ym4ster18
    7 posts

@noo8ym4ster18 I have no idea how, but after loading a lot of times, I decided to continue playing, and this time all went normal. I have no idea how or why.

• DntCallMeJunior
    2 posts

Hi, I have completed the quest but I'm still pledge to Norway and randvi doe not have an option to say its done or pledge to last area in England.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics