Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 621 posts

Hello

Here's a video of a finisher kill not being followed-up by auto-looting. It's occasional but has happened for as long as I've been playing, so several versions including 1.2.0.1. My observation is that it's finishers where it's a problem. Not all finisher kills fail to auto-loot but I think it's only finishers that have this bug. I can't actually be sure that it isn't every single finisher kill that fails but I think looting does happen sometimes at least.

While I'm here can I suggest auto-looting the iron ore things be added.

Cheers

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22

Two more examples here and here shortly after the first one.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @SpirantCrayon22,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I just carefully checked your videos and I reported this to the development team for further review. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

Here is a clip showing a big guy dying, leaving loot, but Eivor doesn't automatically loot the body. This is uncommon and I can't immediately see a pattern/how to recreate it.

• azullFR
    1301 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    same for me on PS4 pro , it's erratical

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2322 posts

@spirantcrayon22 @azullFR This has been reported to the development previously in a duplicate post that you made. However the development team have been unable to reproduce the issue and tested this with all enemies.

If you are able to reproduce the issue and can provide reproduction steps then please let us know.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-keo

Thanks for the response. Regarding your note about duplicate posting, I don't consider this a duplicate post. It is close to my other one, obviously, however the first one showed finisher kills this one was non-finisher kills and I wanted to put it in as a "possibly not the same" post, in effect give Ubisoft the chance to determine if the two are actually the same. Of course, if they are the same, fine - but I don't want anyone to think I'm spamming the system, I don't feel I am.

Thanks again.

• azullFR
    1301 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    1301 posts

@ubi-keo
    @SpirantCrayon22

Hi there,
    at the moment I don't know the exact steps to reproduce it.
    The Only thing I noticed is that it occured when fighting a minimum of 3 people, but it's not recurrent.

It seemed to me to be totaly erratical, I even didn't noticed it could be related to finishers, but this can be the case...
    ( Thanks to @SpirantCrayon22 for talking about finishers in the other Topic, I'll be more aware and will take more attention about this, when and if, it occurs again 👍 )

I will try to make a short video and send the link

( Soon Ubi Company will need to send me USB Sticks ( Nearly 180 Go of Valhalla Videos Bugs... and the € spent in USB-Sticks are nearly the amount spent in this game... 🤒 )

Nice day to all 🙂

• SpirantCrayon22

I suspect this is actually linked to distance - I get this rather more if I'm using a Dane axe.

• azullFR
    1301 posts

@ubi-keo
    @SpirantCrayon22

I've noticed this :
    When this happenned (it's erratical) the last times it was on "Elite ennemies" , no Abilty Used, just used a lot Heavy Attacks, and Of Course the guy had loot on him... 😉

I'll be back later with videos, maybe tomorrow (already 2 hours of Videos upload for others bugs related Topics ....)

Whom I send the USB-Sticks bill ? 🤑

• azullFR
    1301 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    Thanks to you 🙂

The 2 last cases for me were with 2 hammers, I'm gonna soon try with 2 Danish Axes 😉

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Hey @SpirantCrayon22 - I'll address each of the points you raised since my colleague @Ubi-Keo's reply in turn.

First, with regard to duplicate posting - we would consider both of your threads to refer to the same issue, as the issue itself is that loot is not automatically collected. As such, I have merged the two, and renamed this thread to cover all scenarios you've mentioned so far. Please update an existing thread if the core issue it concerns is the same in the future; we can always split the thread in two should we need later on. Thank you.

Second, you mentioned more recently that you believe that killing enemies from a greater distance may be part of what causes the issue with auto-looting. Have you tested this theory from different distances, and against different enemy types? If so, do you still believe this to be an accurate hypothesis? I can pass this information onto the developers if you can confirm that distance has made a difference, as they themselves were able to reproduce this issue with auto-looting against Goliath enemies with ranged attacks or ranged counters! They are now looking further into this issue as a result.

Hello as well @azullFR - thank you for sharing your additional insights on this topic. I've passed your comments forward to the developers, in the hope that they may be helpful. Regarding the videos you have made for us - we are very appreciative of these! You can however delete these from your personal storage once they have been uploaded for us to view; so long as we have access to the files, do not feel like you have to keep them all clogging up your storage! 🙂

Thank you, both of you! 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-woofer

Thanks for the response, good to note some reproduction of the bug. No problem about merging the threads, I had simply thought the cause might be different (so not a duplicate from that point of view).

"Distance" here is related to how close Eivor is to the volunteer. With a Dane axe the problem is more notable because Eivor is, maybe, further from the the volunteer when it dies. I usually use Varin's axe and Suttungr's claw or previously that axe with the Raven Clan shield.

Similarly auto-loot works on an already-dead body if a second dies right on top of it, it's within range so gets picked up (I think).

Suggested Topics