Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MandrogaFelix
    Original poster 3 posts

I just got the game downloaded enough to play. I was able to play right up till you find out you are going to betray your brother. Left the house. Saved my game. Shut everything down and went and made lunch. Came back. Loaded up. Hit continue, and all I got was a black screen with the triskelion spinning in the lower right corner. CPU was at 40% usage (bounced up and down around that area). Ram was 2.709 MB (and froze there). Disk usage 0%. Network usage 0%. GPU 96.8 - 99.9%. And no amount of waiting changed it.

I switched from windowed, to full screen. Flipped antiailising to adaptive etc etc etc. Nothing helped. Every time I hit continue, all I got was the black loading screen. Ok so, then I restarted. Deleted my saves (figuring the save got corrupted somehow) and tried to start a totally fresh game. Nope. Not a chance. Instead of being able to play like it did originally, start new game went right to the black loading screen, and nothing else. Whereas the first time I started the game I had no issues doing so.

So. This is what I am now trying. I have uninstalled the game, and am going to try a totally new download, but not play it till it's fully downloaded. Seeing as anything I attempt to download from Ubisoft takes me days to download (it took me 2 days to reach 40 gigs of download for Valhalla), it will be a while before I am able to play the game. Likely as much as a week, depending on how slow your servers decide to be for me.

BTW, Ubisoft is the only place I have such terrible download speeds from. Forums, webpage, games. All snail slow. Other sites etc, I have no issues with speed. Just your site. I suspect it's likely my ISP's routing, and not actually your fault, but Verizon is too much of a PITA to get any solutions from, so I suffer through it all. If you have any suggestions while I redownload the game, that I can try if it happens again. Put them here please. I'll be watching this thread.

1 thing. Radeon's newest update causes Odyssey to ctd during ship combat again. Not sure why, but it was 100% consistent. I could sail around fine, enter land combat fine, but the second I entered ship combat, I was guaranteed to ctd.

My system is on the lower end of game requirements for Valhalla. With video cards so high priced, no way I can upgrade past my RX 580 on disability. Windows 10, fully updated. Ryzen 5 1400 chipset (same issue, can't afford to upgrade on disability). All drivers up to date except I did have to roll back my video drivers to make Odyssey ship combat playable again, and as Odyssey is currently my favorite AC game, no I am not going to update video drivers for valhalla and make another game unplayable for myself when I am so far, not exactly thrilled with what I have experienced with Valhalla so far. Valhalla will have to run on AMD's Dec 2020 driver until they fix their issue with Odyssey.

~Elain

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 217 posts

@mandrogafelix Hi Elain! I'm so sorry to hear you've been encountering a black screen when returning to your save, and then when just trying to start a fresh game. I can imagine this being incredibly frustrating! From what you describe of your specs, you do meet the minimum requirements cut off, so you should be good on that front. I understand that you don't want to upgrade your GPU drivers since you encountered issues with Radeon's update. That's fine, we can skip over that for now while we monitor other potential causes for this black screen issue. If you experience it again after the reinstall, I recommend going through these general troubleshooting steps. These steps will ensure your computer is running at it's best while always allowing us to rule out common performance causes if necessary. A further suggestion would be to verify your game files through Ubisoft Connect.

Please let me know if the issue comes back after reinstall, and if any of the troubleshooting that I've provided has remedied it. Thank you!

Official Response
  • MandrogaFelix
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubikoreanbbq I have Valhalla fully installed and running. However, I have had multiple issues with corrupted game saves etc, forcing me to restart the game 6 times now from point zero. Also, In Ubisoft Connect, I have unchecked 'Enable cloud save synchronization for supported games' and yet, the bloody game keeps saving to the cloud. Keeps syncing achievements to the cloud, etc. It's literally as if, the game, and connect, doesn't care a wit about what I have checked. It's just going to do whatever it damn well pleases, and you know what's going to happen next? I'm going to block your software from accessing the internet because you are chewing up my limited bandwidth with your faulty software that doesn't do what it's asked to do. Spalda Fens? yeah, can't clear it even though shes dead. Got the loot. Finally got frustrated enough with it I started from point zero again. This game is at best, Beta, but more like Alpha quality. It's not polished, it's buggy as all get out. Now lets mention "killing civilians will desynch you'.. um.. I'm a bloody Viking. It's what I do. I do evil things to people. I murder. I pillage. I kill entire villages of people, because that's what I do. It's seriously game breaking. Ya'll got killing civilians right in Odyssey, why did you mess it up in Valhalla? Now lets get to mounts. Love the animation, however, in Odyssey, ya'll got the running to mount right, but in valhalla, I've YET to manage a running mount to my horses back. I'm not at all happy with my purchase here. I'll likely not be buying another Ubisoft game if the QC doesn't drastically improve. Ya'lls game is so buggy in so many areas, you should be ashamed of yourselves for putting out such an unfinished product. So yeah. I like the game. It has potential, but it's not polished and needs a lot of work and there are some definite immersion breaking issues with how you decided to limit characters ability to play as they want. Right now, I score Valhalla a low 3/10 Needs radical improvement and debugging.

~Elain

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics