Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • TORFINR
    324 posts

OP, you want me to drop a tear?! Really?!
    It just compensates the anti-pagan sentiments, persecutions, tortures, murders and genocides created by the Christians during the last 2000 years.
    As a pagan myself I think it's good to have FINALLY a pagan vision of that cultural cancer they called "christianity". Simply a pity itäs in a crappy game like valhalla.
    A true bunch of criminals.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    Banned

@gameguru2018 i did name the soviets, because during their time they killed an estimated of around 20 to 60 millions people (more then hittler), i never stated the fact that they persecuted christians.. im not christian, but also im not one of those kids that love to scream how much atheist and how much they "hate" god they are (lol), anyways

im here, because i also notice the stuff the dude on the post says... there is an obvious agenda going on at ubisoft... well, anyways, the ones affected about it are others not me, so what ever happens, lets wish is for the good, and not for some cultural destruction, like the abrahamics religions are commonly know to do... i want to say more, but this forum is not the place to do a rant about some stuff i have notices are happening in europe and some other places.... wish u luck

• GameGuru2018
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Karloz1995
    268 posts
    Banned

@gameguru2018 there are 3 side of an story, your side, my side and the TRUTH... so we will never know what is real, u claiming all the proof im saying is anti soviet propaganda, is like me saying all your proof is communist propaganda... we will never know the real truth sadly.. im only writting to you the facts u can instantly get by searching for it on google, may be a lie, but is what it is.. i wasnt alive on those times, so the only proof i can give you is by others who are writting history based on their points of views and believes..

if you repeat a lie, over and over again, it eventually becomes THE TRUTH

a quote from some random man, i dont remember his name

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

@karloz1995
    If you noticed what the OP noticed and you think there is an "agenda", you should probably read up a bit on Christianity around that time.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
    Banned

@iii_hammer_iii it doesnt matter, nowadays people use it as an offensive manner, and ofcourse ubisoft should know about it too, also, the 666 in the monks ropes,and other stuff that are hidden and u can only see it if you put the camera in other perspective, they obviously make that on purpouse, ubisoft is from france after all, the most recent one i find is the odin tree in our setlement, when u enter ur setlement, the helmet of the tree if u view it in a lower perspective, u can see and upside-down cross..... literally just by entering your setlement, i would understand the stuff in the churches, because of the things u are saying, i know about that story too, but those other things that are secretly put is obviously made for some odd reason... is very obvious that there is an agenda going on at ubisoft.... just look at what kind of people ubisoft is hiring and u will find out that..

if you telling me to read some christian history to understand the upside-down cross, u should read too, about the tactics that abrahamics religions use , to enter a nation, and how they become the most followed religions in the world... those tactics are being implemented at ubisoft... (yeah christianity is also an abrahamic religion), so it would be easy for you to understand how it works

• GameGuru2018
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

@karloz1995
    But the game is not set in the "nowadays", it is set in the 9th century.
    Show me a screenshot of this 666.
    The helmet , again with the upside down cross? And "if you view it in a lower perspective", as if things don't change if you view them from a different perspective, especially in a video game?

As for your comment on Abrahamic religions, given that there are only 3, and a. you are absolving Christianity and b. Judaism is not known for proselytizing, what are you trying to imply? It sounds to me, you are implying Ubisoft is hiring Muslims who are trying to convert people into Islam?

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Karloz1995
    268 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Karloz1995
    268 posts
    Banned

@iii_hammer_iii there are people who shame others just for thinking, there is a quote that says "if u arent thinking anything productive, better not think" is a way to make us stop thinking for our selves, because if there isnt some monetary profits, why wasted your time on it... we need to stop closing our mind on the obvious stuff that are happening around us... i did imply why u say, because for me is kind of obvious, but im not against "them" as people, but their ways.. i didnt absolves christianity, i give you as an example of how abrahamics religions works... the NWO has set their plan already

• GameGuru2018
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

@gameguru2018

Oh..... kay....

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

@karloz1995

Wow... ok.... as you were.

• Photokrow
    9 posts

I'm not even going to get into this....whatever this is, but it wouldn't really be "AC: Valhalla" if you played as a Christian Character would it? It would be more like "AC: Paradiso" or "AC: Inferno" or something.

Also while the old Norse perspective makes sense (just putting it out there I am NOT a big fan of Christianity. There's a lot of bad blood between me specifically and abusive Christians) they also could have implemented a "conversion option" as well. We know for a fact that the Scandinavians did convert to Christianity, and many prominent Vikings were Christian themselves, such as Rollo of Normandy (who might not have ever existed at all) as well as Cnut the Great and Harald Hadrada (who DEFINITELY existed, but hundreds of years after the events of the game.)

Gonna nitpick here again but while the Anglo-Saxons are shown to be your standard-fare "Christians with English Accents", in reality the Anglo-Saxons were rather slow to adopt Christianity (though many would have by this point) and also they should sound more Danish/Germanic when they talk rather than "English."

Going back to the "positive depictions of Christians" OP was bemoaning a lack of, there was the nun who helps you in the Beowulf DLC questline, though like OP says maybe that counts as minuscule since she's only part of one single questline as far as I've seen and not even in the mainline game.

• O-E-Smith
    18 posts

@x_azrael245_x "don't try to change the way history really went" you say....

Yet 9th century England has black & Chinese people in this game... ok then...

• O-E-Smith
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    324 posts
    such as Rollo of Normandy (who might not have ever existed at all)

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Rouen, Normandie, France
    undefined

• Enkidu98
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Enkidu98
    15 posts

@torfinr I don't really know much of the history of Rollo/France etc. Never was my time period of interest. But I will say that a photo of a memorial marker really doesn't mean something or someone existed. Christianity, the subject of this thread, doesn't even have actual evidence of Jesus' existence as a normal human being, let alone as a divine son of God. The Romans, meticulous record keepers, don't mention him at all and there were a large number of contemporaneous claimants of being the messiah. And yet there's a church that supposedly sites on the site of his tomb.

Or, how about this.

Throughout history men (and women) in power have used myth and legend to supplement their claims to power. They have tied themselves to names from myth and legend because it very frequently isn't provable, but the masses of humanity are really too stupid to question it.

Rollo, if he did exist as depicted lived until @ 930 CE. Rouen Cathedral was built and rebuilt multiple times in different styles AFTER 933CE. The Effigy you posted is not contemporaneous to Rollo's time in life or death. That it exists proves nothing.

undefined

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics