Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Baargoo
    Original poster 2 posts

When I shoot and kill an animal with arrows, the Raven will send me all the Loot. but not the arrows.
    Now I have to still go to the dead animal to retrieve my arrows. So the Raven returning loot, but no
    arrows, serves no purpose.
    If I kill a guard or bandit I will get the arrows back from the Raven. Not sure if the human enemies
    will have loot on them and then the arrows are returned. When attacking a fort I am too busy staying
    alive, to notice if one or 2 of them have loot on them, and the arrows I am getting back is from one
    without loot or 1 with loot.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1060 posts

@baargoo Thanks for reporting this. Would you be able to provide a video of this as an example.

Official Response
  • Spades1961
    35 posts

@baargoo This is the same with me, sometimes the raven picks up arrows, but most of the time I have to retrieve them myself.

• SpirantCrayon22
    316 posts

@Ubi-Keo

I believe that what is going on here is quite complicated. Here's a video showing some of it. Power 409, Petra's Arc. I loose an arrow into the environment deliberately to show the 15 limit is not the cause of the lack of looting.

Arrows that hit the environment (or perhaps an enemy shield) stick there and can be retrieved.

Arrows that hit but do not kill an enemy vanish.

Arrows that hit and kill an enemy stick in the body and can be retrieved.

When does Synin appear to auto-loot? Only when a dead guy is determined to be carrying loot, ie, when the silvery glowy thing appears.

What does Synin pick up? Two things. Firstly, anything that's part of the silvery glowy thing, treasure and/or arrows and/or keys. Secondly, IF Synin is close enough to an arrow stuck in the environment then it'll pick it up but this is uncommon.

As a note, if Synin does retrieve an arrow used to kill an enemy as per the previous paragraph then the model of the arrow remains in the body. This model stays permanently even if Eivor runs over it.

Any "environmental" arrow that Eivor gets close to gets picked up (and the model of the arrow disappears).

• azullFR
    672 posts

@Baargoo
    Thanks for making this Topic 🙂

@Ubi-Keo
    I have the same problem with the "Raven's Loot Skill" (approximative english, sorry)

In my case :
    In fact it does only retrieve arrows owned by archers

It doesn't retrieve my arrows when hunting :

It doesn't retrieve my arrows from non-archers... so I disabled this Skill ...

NB: tested with Predator, Hunter and Light bows... same problem with all
    [PS4 Pro fully up-to-date & AC-Valhalla Patch: 1.2.0.1]

• SpirantCrayon22
    316 posts

@azullfr

Ah, yes animals. My writing also applies to animals in the same way. Synin does not usually pick up arrows from animals killed with a bow either.

• azullFR
    672 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    Thanks to you for the additional details you added to this Topic 👍 👍

• Baargoo
    Original poster 2 posts

Well my title should had been Raven NOT picking up arrows.
    Thank you @Ubi-Keo for the explanation on why I got arrows
    from some warriors and not others. Yes it's only the archers
    that give back arrows they own, not the ones you shot into them.
    This makes total sense. Now I am not expecting the Raven to
    bring back arrows when I miss the prey (arrows in the ground or trees).
    But I am expecting him to bring back any arrow that I shot into
    the hide or body along with any loot..

• SpirantCrayon22
    316 posts

@baargoo

Please note it was not the Ubisoft person that wrote an explanation, it was me, or perhaps it was what @azullFR posted. It's important (as far as this topic is concerned) to understand that - it's only what I think happens but I'm fairly sure I am correct.

It might al

• azullFR
    672 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    I think you are right too 🙂

The thing that "disturb" me (approximative english, sorry) is the fact that when

1. I asked in PS4 community some people were saying that their Raven is getting their own arrows (but i'm not confident with their response...)
    2. I asked in the forum here :
    Does your raven loot arrows on dead animals ?
    I saw someone saying that is raven does this, but i'm sceptical about this...

I had this response :

even collects fish shot with arrows, not all of them, but sometimes.

but i'm also sceptical about all this response...

Conclusion : I'm pretty sure you are right

Nice day to you 🙂

• Thanatoz_AZ
    1 posts

Was this ever addressed, I am having the same issue.

• SpirantCrayon22
    316 posts

@thanatoz_az

No, not fixed, I noticed the problem yesterday. I doubt it'll get fixed as it's not game breaking.

• azullFR
    672 posts

@thanatoz_az

• seen in this formum :

some people have the raven that is retrieveing arrows even on animals
    some people don't have the raven that is retrieveing arrows even on animals

• not seen in this topic :

any response from Ubi after asking for proofing videos the 5th Aptil 2021, 84 days ago...

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 27 posts

Hello Everyone!

My sincerest apologies for the delayed reply, I am also sorry to hear that many of you are running into this same issue. Our development teams are aware of this issue and are investigating this! This issue should be fixed with a future update.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding and all of the information and videos submitted. Thank you greatly!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics