Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 542 posts

Here is a clip showing a Hurler (I think) not throwing anything at me. This is very common in certain situations, every time I go to Clausentum in Hampshire. I don't recall whether any Saxons or other enemies fail to throw rocks, it's possible, I'll add to the thread if I find this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1836 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Thanks for reporting this, I have forwarded this onto the development team.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-keo

Thank you for the response. I've posted several new threads and posted new information in other threads in response to requests from Ubisoft and/or I've found out something extra. Please would you/the team look at them. Videos where appropriate.

Auto-loot occasionally fails [new - not quite the same as the one I already posted]
    Trapped wolf without a prompt to free it [new]
    Raven picking up Arrows [explanation and new information from me and another]
    Finishers and Runes [new]
    Several keys not disappearing from Inventory after opening their chests [answer to Ubisoft question, minor additional info]
    vanishing animals [new]
    Greater Aegis Rune is missing? [new]
    Losing mailbox items [explanation of the problem]
    Issues when trying to upgrade gear [answer to Ubisoft question]

If you could elaborate a bit on which posts get attention, let me know if there's something I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @spirantcrayon22,

Thank you for for sharing your links! We're currently looking into the issues you provided and I'm updating your threads with more info 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1168 posts

Hey @SpirantCrayon22,

I'm replying just to let you know that the developers were unable to reproduce this issue with Slinger enemies not throwing rocks.

In order to investigate further, they will require additional information, such as reproduction steps and further videos of the issue. If you encounter this issue again, please capture a video showing it, and write out for us your location, any unusual behaviour that occurred before or during the fight (if any), and also any relevant reproduction steps.

Thank you for taking the time to share this bug report with us, and take care. 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-woofer

Next time I'm there I'll see. It is very regular at Clausentum so I'm surprised it can't be reproduced.

What do I do . . . ride out of Winchester with a quest from Reda's friend. Stop the horse on the path to the west of Clausentum. Run over to the steps, up the steps. I nearly always just continue in that easterly direction killing bad guys and then these non-throwing events occur most of the time. It's a little random, because if I move Eivor then there's a good chance they'll actually start throwing rocks, which I do to make killing them easier.

Oh, this is on "Easy". While fighting on "difficult" is not hard, I just can't be bothered for "Reda's dailies" or the "challenge weeklies". Even so, that doesn't explain the bug though it might give a clue to what the AI is "thinking".

• lemmie88
    204 posts

@ubi-woofer
    I am also extremely surprised that this couldn't be reproduced.
    I see this all the time. All you have to do to reproduce it is find an enemy that throws rocks. Happens all over the map. I believe it's always the "Hurler" enemy that twirls his little sling around, the red range attack indicator fills up normally, but the enemy doesn't throw the rock. It's like he has stone impotence. I spent less than 5min in game today doing my daily thousand eyes quest and was able to make this video of it happening. Location is Forest Hideout in East Anglia, but I assure you it happens everywhere. Usually, if Eivor moves around enough the poor little guy will eventually be able to get his rocks off 🤭 as shown in the vid.

• lemmie88
    204 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Here is a second Hurler video. Sorry I didn't show the map location, but this is at the Brerdinges Roman Ruins on the Isle of Wiht.

Btw, this video is also featuring the following bugs...

1. Bugged Mentor's Pants
    2. Missing equipment belt
    3. Invisible harpoon

And new in 1.2.1!

1. Missing arrow counter
    2. Enemy's head no longer chops off during Harpoon Impalement finisher (so sad about this one 😢 )

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Thank you so much for providing both of these videos lemmie88! Also, thank you SpirantCrayon22 for providing these reproduction steps! I have forwarded these videos and information to the Game team to be included with their investigation. Would each of you be able to also send your most recent manual save to the cloud? If possible, try saving right before a Slinger enemy where you know they won't throw rocks. Then let me know when you have done so and I can forward them to the Game team as well.

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    204 posts

@ubikobold Sure! My most recent manual cloud save is good to go. Its just outside Brerdinges Roman Ruins on the Isle of Wiht in Hamtunscire. I killed all the non-Hurlers. The three(?) hurlers left alive are pretty consistently shooting blanks. Hope it helps.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubikobold Sorry for "hijacking" this thread. While I am not affected by this issue, I would like to express my humble opinion about the dev. team.

The fact that the team could not reproduce an issue but other players could easily reproduce it, suggests that...

1. the team may not have enough people to test things out.
    2. worse still, the testers may not be thinking outside the box enough, since many issues could be a result of not following the steps intended by the developers / code writers.

I would also like to draw attention to the fact that the recently released Resident Evil Village, I have played it 4 times and have yet to encounter ONE single glitch or bug. Of course, for a large-scale open-world game like Valhalla, to demand such perfection is not reasonable, but it cannot be denied that RE Village is surely thoroughly tested for bugs and glitches, and Valhalla was not (and still has not). And when Origins & Odyssey were on a similarly large scale but with much fewer issues, I am positive that it is not entirely impossible to achieve near-technical-perfection.

So could you perhaps pass my opinion to the developers? Please hire more testers, possibly from hardcore gamers who like to mess things around in games. This may be costly but surely, from the exp. of Valhalla, it is in the long term less costly, and certainly can preserve the company image. I am sure all this post-launch fixing is bad for the team atmosphere as well (in this regard they have my full sympathy). And do not forget the lesson of Cyberpunk - a technical disaster and all that work for their poor staff members, who had to clean up the mess post-launch.

• SpirantCrayon22

@ubikobold

Thanks for responding. I'm on Xbox so go ahead and look. Probably in Ravensthorpe as I type this, I'll try and remember to go to Clausentum.

• UbiKobold

Thank you lemmie88 and SpirantCrayon22 for sending these files! I have forwarded these up for review and will contact everyone again here if more information is requested!

If anyone else is experiencing this issue of Slinger/Hurler enemies not throwing rocks, please provide a video and send your most recent manual save to the cloud. For a video just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then provide the link here.

Also, ImaginaryRuins, I am glad to see that you are not experiencing this issue in-game and appreciate your feedback towards the resolution of these issues. I can see your passion for our games, and others, and understand where you are coming from. I've passed along your feedback and would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced as we work to resolve different game related issues.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubikobold

I just went there and on the first go there were multiple enemies failing to throw rocks at me. This is manual save 7 and "manual save cloud" at 20.51. I'll let it do one more cloud save and then save again, though I'm not sure how that fits with being in a "red" zone.

I recorded a clip, I'll put in a link. It's just done an auto-save at 20.55 local time. This is, at present, "autosave cloud" and autosave 5.

Manual save 8 is after running away from the area with the Reda drawing mission.

• SpirantCrayon22

Here is the clip mentioned in the previous post.

• SpirantCrayon22

@ubikobold

I'm going to finish the two Reda dailies now, before they change.

Manual save 7 and Manual Save Cloud (both 17th May, 8.51 pm) are before I go into Clausentum for the Reda daily there. The game auto-saved right in the middle of a fight where there were Hurlers not throwing rocks as noted already, Autosave Cloud and Autosave 5 (both 17th May, 8.55 pm). I didn't try to save there as I was fighting, I ran away with the enemies still alive and did manual save 8 (17th May, 8.56 pm).

Obviously I can't control what the game does with auto-saves but I'll avoid saving as much as I can. I'll leave the two manual saves alone.

Oh, the daily has gone from Clausentum but that presumably isn't related to the Hurler problem.

• UbiKobold

@spirantcrayon22 Thank you very much for sending this video as well! I am sorry for my delay in getting back to you, but appreciate your updates. I forwarded your video to the Game team as well, as they continue looking into this. Thanks for all of your patience, and please keep an eye out for future updates.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics