Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 463 posts

Here's a video showing a wolf in a trap that I had to put down as I couldn't free it. This is quite common, maybe 1 in 5. This particular one was somewere in Lincolnshire, not too far from Spalding, but I can't remember exactly where it was; the marker in the compass might give a clue as I think it was set on the Spalding camp at the time so the camp's 853ish metres ENE and there's a fast-travel, Cruwland I think, 213ish metres NNE.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22

One comment on this, it could be it's all the time at specific locations but they're randomised so it's a little hard to check that.

• azullFR
    1056 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    I had this several times, since the Patches : 1.2.0.0 & 1.2.0.1
    (PS4 pro)

• First time : I made a manual save, reloaded it and everything was OK
    • Second time : same
    • Third time : when I reloaded my game crashed
    • Fourth an Fith times : crash

Then I did let the wolf alone when it was with no prompt

This week every wolf (4 or 5) had a prompt

Hope this helps a little 🙂

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1515 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Sorry I don't understand this issue you have experienced and the video is no longer available. If you could please provide another video of this I will gladly forward it on to the development team.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-keo

Thank you for the response. I do not know why the video is no longer available, XBLive must have glitched as it was working earlier. I just had a look at gamerdvr and it wasn't there, then it was there, even though the Xbox tells me it's still uploading. Anyway, whatever, here's the video.

Basically there are wolves with a leg in a trap that spawn by the side of the road. There is usually a prompt to free the wolf, then it follows Eivor around for a while and helps in fights (if Eivor doesn't get on a horse and leave). 1 in 5 times, something like that, there's no prompt to free the wolf. This seems to be new (1.2.0?) behaviour.

Thanks again.

• SpirantCrayon22
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1361 posts

Hello @SpirantCrayon22,

Thank you for your video. I forwarded it to the development team for further review.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey guys, thanks for your reports/videos so far! The development team would like screenshots of your position on the map where this occurs. This will greatly help them in their investigation - please post them here and we'll get the forwarded on. 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-spud

Here's a video. It includes Eivor at the location and I go to the map menu. This time not only was a wolf present but it has the "Y" prompt. So it's an irregular problem, the other video was at the same location. I have seen this at more than one other spawn location.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

Thank you for this additional video, @spirantcrayon22! I've added it to the conversation we have open with the developers about this issue, and will do my best to notify you if they get back to us with any additional questions for you, or information about a possible fix. 🙂

I hope that you have been enjoying the rest of Assassin's Creed Valhalla in the meantime!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

Just encountered one other location, halfway between Duroliponte and Earnningstone on the south side of the road. I don't know if I've ever freed a wolf there before but just now there was one with no prompt.

• SpirantCrayon22

another one, start at the Soham Hideout and follow the path south, just over the ford close to the hideout is one of these locations

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there @SpirantCrayon22!

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to update this thread and to let us know the other locations where you've been unable to interact with a trapped wolf. The development team are still investigating this issue further. I've let them know the additional locations where you've encountered this issue since your last update.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional updates you would like to share with us. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • sanek55555777
    1 posts

I played WoW for a long time, for over 10 years in fact. But I wanted to play something else, the choice fell on Assassin's Creed, in general I am very pleased with the game, but I also ran into a problem. thanks to this post, the problem with the wolf was solved, THANKS

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there @sanek55555777! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm glad to hear that this thread helped you out! If you require any further support, please don't hesitate to reach out 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics