Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

Hello, i've been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla for 25 hours on PlayStation 5, the experience have been smooth for 90% of the time but i've been having frequently some stutter (super short stutters) when there is an auto-save (when the blue icon shows up on the bottom right) and also experienced two freezes, one that happened when i launched the game with the activity card (when i do that there is always a micro-stutter following the next 20 seconds of Gameplay, and the freeze happened at that situation), the second freeze happened randomly when i assassinated a mob. BOTH freezes didn't make the console crash, the sound was still there, i just had to restart the game.

Here is a video of another player that shows an example of the stutter happening:

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 304 posts

@zephir-agon I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I can confirm that we have received some other reports and the development team are investigating.

Could you please go through these PlayStation 5 troubleshooting steps to see if this helps. If the issue persist can you also answer the following:

• How often does this happen?
    • What game setting are using, performance mode or resolution mode?

Official Response
  • Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-keo I'm using the performance mode.

This usually happens when i leave a restricted area, it also happens when the game loads the "Avenge" missions and happens rarely when i get a collectible.
    So like i said, everytime there is the auto save icon showing up a micro-stutter might happen.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 400 posts

Hello @Zephir-Agon,

Thank you for the update. Can you please confirm if you performed all the troubleshooting provided by @Ubi-Keo? If so, can I ask you if the issue persists? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

I did try the troubleshooting that was listed on that page, and the issue didn't persists while i played offline with no internet connection, when i replayed the game with online activated the issue came back.

• Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

There is still some rare micro stutter (outside of those that happen with an auto-save) even while being offline just like this video, happens rarely though.

I hope you'll fix those in the next patch because besides those rare issues, game is a blast to play in 60fps on PlayStation 5.

• Ubi-Mark.

Thank you for the update, @zephir-agon!

It seems that this issue is linked to the online activity, as you mentioned that playing offline doesn't trigger it. I went ahead and I tested it on my PS5, but I was unable to reproduce this issue, so it looks like it might be related to your internet configuration.

Can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in here? This helps us to ensure that the connectivity to the game servers is optimal.

Many thanks and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-mark
    Hello, quick update.

I did reset my console, reinstall the game and the auto-save stutter didnt disappear.

I went my way to check again if the issue would disappear with my internet connection disconnected, and the issue still remained, which means its not an issue with my ISP.

I did port forward my router with the ports listed in that page and nothing changed. I also want to mention that i only had this issue on Assassin's Creed Valhalla, i did play a few hours of Immortals Fenyx Rising to see if the issue was also there but everything ran fine, also tried replaying Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey and no such thing happens. It also doesn't seem to be an issue with Ubisoft Connect since i can access it perfectly in-game same for the Online Store and uploading my saves/screenshots with it.

Seems like other players have this issue appear with the 1.2 update, i did try the game for a few hours back in November on PS4 Pro and that issue wasn't there.

Thank you very much for your answers, and please let me know if this issue might be fixed in a future patch.

• Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

Here is a video i captured of one of the random stutter that happens:

• Ubi-Mark.

Thank you for the update, @Zephir-Agon!

Sorry to hear that the issue is still there after performing all the steps provided.

Can you please clarify if you have a physical or a digital copy of the game?

Official Response
  • Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-mark I have a Gold Edition Digital Copy, and a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.

• Ubi-Mark.

Thank you for the update, @Zephir-Agon !

I can see that this issue has been reported to the development team already and it's currently being investigated. To help us investigate it more efficiently, can you please provide us with the following details:

• Does this issue happen often?
    • What General settings is set the player's console is set? (Performance or Quality)

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-mark

So there is two kinds of micro-freezes/stutters:

The first one happens almost everytime there is an auto-save (when i open a treasure chest, when i fast travel, when i enter or exit a restricted area and more).

The second one is rarer, usually after a few hours of gameplay and seems to trigger randomly.

My general PS5 settings are all in "Default settings of the game" , sorry my console is in french so "Paramètre par défaut du jeu"

• Zephir-Agon
    Original poster 9 posts

Sorry to bump up the thread, but i would like to ask you if the dev team is aware of the issues and if a fix is planned (especially for the small stutter every time there is an auto save).

Thank you very much, and i wish you a nice day.

• kiko12ooo
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kiko12ooo
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kiko12ooo
    4 posts

The issue continue while the wifi is disconected?

• kiko12ooo
    4 posts

@ubi-mark the auto save issue occurs in your ps5?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics