Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • kingoshus
    Original poster 14 posts

I picked up the game again after leaving it for few weeks and I start the mission in East Anglia to kill guards at Dunwich so Oswald can talk to Rued. Sure enough, I put on my stealthiest gear and I approach the area while crouched, only for a guard looking in a completely different direction several floors up on the castle walls to spot me, instantly, no build up or chance to react, and the ability which triggers slow motion and a chance to kill the guy is rendered useless because his head is actually behind the edge of the wall from where I'm stood, so he didn't even have line of sight on me. Anyways a violent axe massacre ensues which was very #Likeaviking but not very Assassin's Creed.
    This is just one of many, many examples throughout my playthrough of being instantly spotted from across fields, by guards not looking at me or even through walls. There's many examples of this online too such as here:

The comments also full of examples of stealth players frustrated with the game.
    Yet when I look at the known issues page there's no reference to glitchy stealth AI or instant detection (even on the easiest stealth difficulty I might add)
    Are there no plans at all to address this? And if not, why not?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 672 posts

Hey there, thanks for your feedback regarding stealth/detection in the game.

We have indeed passed this feedback up to the developers for review, and I'd be happy to pass this video along to them as well.

If any changes are to be made regarding these mechanics, we will let you guys know via patch notes. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics