Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • MikeStarmgard
    Original poster 3 posts

Ubisoft,

I’m sure I’m not the only one but I have some ideas for a great way to manage new game plus in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. 

After watching a Joraptor video on youtube and hearing comments regarding the challenges with NG+ I would just love to offer feedback and a solution to the issues mentioned; and to other issues that I would predict becoming a challenge for the team.

Seasonal Content:
    ·         Beginning a new game and starting out in Norway doesn’t need to be compulsory, but could be optional.
    ·         Think about Norway as a tutorial. Many games allow players to skip the tutorial and get on with the main game. The player would forfeit all storyline quests available up to that point (however still be able to travel back there to complete side content etc. at their own leisure). 
    ·         This would be an option presented to the player when selecting to start a NG+.
    ·         If they choose to skip the Norway section, they would begin the game on the longship when first sailing into Mercia, listening to Dag make terrible suggestion on what to do at the time. 
    ·         Player can also choose not to skip Norway and still play through the first part of the game as normal.
    ·         This will prevent players ever missing out on seasonal content and feeling the need to rush through the Norway section of the game. 

Weapon/Armor Chests:
    ·         In NG+ any world chests that contain weapons or armor in the normal (1st play through) game will be replaced with one of the following:
    ­       33.3% chance for 1 x random diamond armor rune
    ­       33.3% chance for 1 x Random diamond weapon rune
    ­       33.3% chance for 3 x different circular weapon or armor runes (can be mixed) plus 100 silver.
    ·         Any quests that have weapons or armor pieces as reward would also have these same as above (this includes river raids and any simular future content).
    ·         This will also give players the desire to continue to hunt for wealth in each area of the map, increasing replay value.
    ·         If the player did not unlock the chest and obtain the armor or weapon in their first play through – the chest still contains the original item.

The Settlement:
    ·         On NG+ the settlement level must be reset to the minimum level.
    ·         Not doing this will make raiding a waste of time and give players nothing to work toward.
    ·         All acquired settlement items (cosmetic items) must still remain with the player and usable, but everything else needs to be unlocked through raiding and acquiring resources.

Challenge / Character Levelling:
    ·         Power level and all skill / mastery points remain on the character.
    ·         Arrow quiver and ration pouch remain at current level.
    ·         An option would need to be added for enemy scaling; and if activated, scales all enemies to the character current power level.
    ·         Players not wanting a challenge can turn enemy scaling off and be overpowered if they want to; however a message should pop up telling people that currently locked achievements / trophies will not be unlockable while the scaling option is disabled.

Items:
    ·         All equipment remains at current level with current runes equipped, still in their slots.
    ·         The following unused items are kept in NG+:
    ­       Silver
    ­       Runes
    ­       Ingots
    ­       Fabric
    ­       Iron
    ­       Titanium
    ­       Leather
    ­       Opal
    ­       Acquired leftover settlement supplies (not raw materials).

Cheers!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MikeStarmgard
    Original poster 3 posts

Oh, and I forgot about abilities.
    I think that all abilities should be kept by the character and the ability books in NG+ should not be functional or interactive once unlocked, however if the player missed them in their first play through, they still contain the original ability.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@mikestarmgard personally I would not care about weapon/gear runes. I would completely ignore the chests if there would be runes instead of weapons. But it would be great if they would give us the gear in other color variants. So there is still a reason to find all the gear chest again and in that case you would have an additional color option for the transmog system.

• MikeStarmgard
    Original poster 3 posts

@fgx1988 I totally agree, that would be a fantastic way to keep people playing. I just don't think that ubi would do that because they're already charging for reskins/colour variants in the store. So I thought that runes would be more likely to actually be implemented.
    As a side note though, I wish they would let us wear some of the armour that npcs wear in game. Some of those are great.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@mikestarmgard yeah i have wished that too. It bothers me a lot that some NPC and even the straw dolls in your base wear some more accurate and immersive armors that we could get. Would be a cool Idea to spice up the transmog system when they would add those armors.

• ImaginaryRuins
    375 posts

I remember that in Horizon Zero Dawn, in order to encourage NG+, all outfits will have one extra slot for another stat-boosting item to be equipped on it.

So it could be that in NG+, all those chests containing weapons & armor pieces will still reward the same items, but in their NG+ ver. with one or two more rune slots. Of course, if there could be NG+-specific runes, or the same runes but have higher stat-boost (like from "Greater" to "Ultimate"), that would probably be okay as well.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@imaginaryruins would be an nice idea if the runes where actually useful. Don't get me wrong - your idea is very cool - but the game is even on highest difficulty too easy so there is not really necessary to equip runes. If Ubisoft would add a higher difficulty or give players more freedom to increase the NPC level your idea could work in my opinion.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics