Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

When i'm moving through the map, like on horses or on foot, i experience random 1 second lag or freeze or however you wanna call it. The game simply stops for 1 second and after the 1 second, the game runs normal again, until it happens again after a while when i keep traveling. It doesn't happen during combat or anything. It happens only when i travel on the map. I think it happens when the game needs to load another part of the map when i travel.
    However, i kinda found a reason why this is happening. I have the game on SSD, but my documents forlder and basically everything else is on HDD, except for Windows which i have on another different small SSD. I made sure i have set my HDD not to go to sleep mode ever. So it never goes into sleep mode when playing the game. I get the lag anyway. However, when i start shadowplay recording on the HDD during the gameplay, the lag is gone. It seems like when the HDD is constantly busy, the game won't lag. But i would like to play without the recording and without the lag though. AC Origins and Odyssey didn't have this problem, so i don't see why all of a sudden it should be my HDD's fault.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@freestepper - Hello there! Thanks for reaching out with this. I'm sorry to hear it's happening! I'm glad it's not disrupting any combat, as I would imagine that'd be endlessly frustrating.

I'd like to see if you're able to move all your files to the same drive, including the files for Ubisoft Connect. If things persist after, I'd also have you try giving these PC troubleshooting steps a try, to see if we can resolve this stuttering.

Official Response
  • Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

@ubi-wan So here is what i actually did. I installed my another HDD WD Purple (i don't like having multiple HDDs in my PC, but this one wakes itself up pretty quick), moved the Documents folder on it and the problem is gone. I forgot to mention that the game has files in the Documents folder too, but i think it's not necessary to mention that. Before i had Documents folder on HDD WD Blue and the lag was happening. So i think the blame is on both the game and my HDD. As i said, it wasn't happening with Origins and Odyssey and with any other older AC games, only with Valhalla. So Valhalla must kind of operate differently to cause this problem on some specific HDDs.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@freestepper Thanks for the update, I'm pleased the issue is resolved. I'll pass this information onto the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team in case we get any further reports from other players.

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    648 posts

It happens to me too when galloping on horseback obviously lol. But doesn't really bothers me. I am on PS4

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

@garbo3 Hey! I am sorry that you have been experiencing this as well. If interested in trying a little bit of troubleshooting, please complete our guide here. These steps, like restoring your licenses, can resolve issues similar to this. However, please let us know if this persists afterwards!

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    648 posts

@ubikobold well tbh hasn't happened for a while and it really doesn't bother me but thanks for your reply as may help me in the future. Thanks so much 🙂

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

@garbo3 That is excellent to hear that this has not occurred for you recently! Thank you for letting me know. I hope you have a good rest of your day. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics