Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zardash_80
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi all,
    I was just wondering where to go to get official UbiSoft support?
    From what I've seen, they don't respond to these forum posts.
    The Chat feature on their website doesn't work.
    It says there is an email option, but no actual email address.

So, where is the support?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@zardash_80 The development team does not post here indeed; the ones who come here are support staff members, who will pass our complaints and reports to the development team. They do come, but do not expect them to read all threads and post in them promptly. Just post your problems here anyway.

• Zardash_80
    Original poster 3 posts

@imaginaryruins Thanks for replying.
    I figured as much, but was hoping to see how long it took for an Ubisoft staff member to reply (if at all).
    I tried to log a Support ticket on their website, but as soon as I select anything from the Category field, the Submit My Case option vanishes, and only the Chat option remains (which is always listed as unavailable) <-- In my experience, anyway. So, no way to contact support apart from here.

Issues I'm having have been posted in here for months without a significant reply (e.g. Brewing Storm bug - amongst others), so was hoping to get a method of contacting them for a more direct response.
    It is as if as soon as there is mention of "A brewing storm" all responses from Ubisoft dry up.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@zardash_80 Sometimes when multiple people report the same issue, the support staff and other users having similar issues tend to concentrate on one thread, which is perhaps why others will sink to the bottom very quickly without receiving replies, but I see that the bug regarding Brew Storm was reported.

Unable to progress with "A Brewing Storm" after waking up | POST HERE | Ubisoft Forums

You can also look at the Megathread pinned at the top of the forum to see if issues are reported and being investigated.

Reported Issue Megathread List | Please check here for your issue! [UPDATED 26/03] | Ubisoft Forums

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Hello @Zardash_80,

I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble with creating a support case on our website. If, after what I say below, you feel one is still needed, I can do my best to help you open a support case or advise you as to when Live Chat will be available for you to use in your region.

As @ImaginaryRuins has kindly stated above, we do have megathreads for major issues here on the forums and we merge all duplicate mentions of the same issues into those as soon as possible in order to keep information and updates about an issue consolidated in one place. If you have an issue already recognised in a megathread - such as being unable to progress in A Brewing Storm - please reply there and follow the thread to receive notifications of new posts, including our updates.

Support Staff such as myself reply to both megathreads and other, newer reports as soon as possible, however due to the large quantity of reports currently coming in, it may take a little longer than we'd normally like to get back to everyone. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to update threads posted.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance at the moment.

Official Response
  • Zardash_80
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-woofer @ImaginaryRuins
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am aware of the Mega-thread, though I'm not sure if Ubisoft is. It is very hostile in there, as many people have this issue (again, since November last year)
    The only updates we ever get are "We know about it", "wait for a patch".

I fully agree, that if this was a bug that was reported a month ago, or even two months, then yes "Wait for a patch" would be a suitable response.
    But people have been waiting for 5-6 months, with a number of patches being released since the first report.

Players that have managed to log tickets are just directed back to that main mega-thread, which just creates more hostility. When they get there, the frustration and anger the others are feeling rubs off on to them.

Perhaps an update like

To fix the bug, we need to replicate it. We have staff speed running through the game to try to find out what decisions are the ones that cause the bug to happen. Currently, we have not been able to determine the exact decisions.
    We thought we discovered it a few times, but then playing through again, the bug recurred.
    As you can understand, playing through the game take a significant amount of time, and each time we need to test, we have to run through a number of steps.

I have no idea of the troubleshooting process of games, so I'm pretty sure what I just wrote is far from correct. But, something to indicate the progress that is being made would be good. Show the customers that they are being listened to, that the bug is a big one, and that the progress is difficult.

I have worked in customer service, and know that dismissing customer complaints is the worst thing you can do.

Although, in saying this, I think the Brewing Storm issue has been around too long, and I'm not sure if any placating gesture will calm them.
    It could be a learning opportunity going forward, though.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics