Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• G4ster1
    1 posts

Same problem. I'm going through servers look for an answer as well.

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

As of 1/24/2021 10:00 AM CST, it seems to be back and working as expected.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 161 posts

@thecosmicbob

Excellent. Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm glad to hear its resolved.

Official Response
  • guest-7aU4V0Ct
    1 posts

Playing on series x and Redda is constantly unable to interact due to ‘online service error’

• SaSuKe_One
    9 posts

Im getting the "Online Server Error" (0x70000142) Because of this
    Me & my friends cant do contracts,upload or see photos. This error message pops up MANY! times while playing the game.This started AFTER the Last update.
    Many Xbox series x players have the same problem because of this BUG! Its all over Reddit.

Im perfectly online on xbox live.
    Its the connection between UBISOFT server & the game thats bugged. I heard from people on reddit that the Ubisoft support said the problem is only because of your internet connection,and we wont fix anything because there is no issue in our server🤷
    If they dont acknowledge this Bug,and working on a fix, i will ask for refund.
    Its sucks i spend long time taking & editing dope pictures that vanishes because of server errors. I cant even get contracts from reda or buy new ubisoft updated items from him. But strange i still get to recruit others Jomsviking which needs a server connection. I have been a Ubi member for over 12 years,and own 99% of the AC games. This bug has happened in Odyssey,Origins and Syndicate that got fixed after a while. So i hope the Redditers experience with the support team is not true..

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@sasuke_one Hello there! I'm sorry to hear this has been happening. I'm curious to know if the steps found in the FAQ here help clear your connection to our servers.

Official Response
  • Lysvander
    47 posts

@ubiwan The online service error is nothing new. It's been there since the start. I can usually look at 1, if i am very lucky 2 pictures, before it gives that error and removes all pictures from the map. Up untill leaving and consulting the map again, which then shows everything. Somewhat of a nuisance.

• SaSuKe_One
    9 posts

@ubiwan Hi,i will try your suggestion and come back with answers,if it did or not work.

• lansalot
    4 posts

Force-quit the game from the xbox home menu and start again. It seems to have a problem with Quick-Resume.

How they can't know about this, and fix it, by now - no idea.

• IKSHdeN
    4 posts

@ubi-wan

Hi Guys this error seems to appear more and more. It does not only involve the pictures but also Redas shop and the contracts. In 7 days there are at least 3 days it,s not working. It can even not work in the afternoon and does work in the evening. Because of this I missed many opals what I need for draugr armor. Tried to upload a picture or video but did not have certain rights to do so. Hope this can be fixt. Try to daily get the opals that when the shops offers draugr stuff I have the needed opals.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

Services have been down for an hour again btw, with error 70000004 I think. Might have missed the first few numbers but I'm pretty sure the last 3 numbers were 004. Anyway, while looking on my router with tcpdump I've noticed that Ubi are hosting their game services at Amazon AWS. Might be a good idea to let people know about that. I know some places where Amazon IP's have been completely banned for various reasons and thus unable to play the game.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

sorry. all zeros and last number is 4.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey all. Thanks for getting back regarding this. I'd like to have those who have been able to complete connection troubleshooting, and are still experiencing these issues - reach out to our dedicated support team by creating a new ticket. This way, our team can have a closer look into further personalized troubleshooting options.

Official Response
  • M3SHACK
    1 posts

I am constantly having online connection errors like this one. I unplugged my Xbox Series X and waited a while to plug it back in. That seemed to work at first, but now I'm getting 0x70000142 error and nothing is working to fix it. I don't have access to the store, or Thousand Eyes connection (store and contracts).

• Crombinator73
    8 posts

This does not appear to be a quick resume error since I got it after quitting out, and returning to the game. After being hit by the Brewing Rebellion bug, and needing to follow the workaround maybe it is time to put this game away for another four months. It is incredibly frustrating to spend this much on a game only to have so many game stopping bugs.

• drconstable
    1 posts

Still happening now and only force quit seems to work. Quit to Title screen and loading doesn't seem to make any difference.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Hey everyone! I apologize for the late reply, and for the inconvenience that may have been caused by this error in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. For starters, please try clearing your Xbox's cache. Due to the amount of data your cache can hold, it can sometimes get bogged down and lead to various issues in-game. You can do this by unplugging your console from the wall, waiting at least two minutes, then plugging it back in and restarting your game. I would also recommend completing our connectivity troubleshooting guide in full to ensure that the connection to the game's online services is completely optimized. If these suggestions do not help, would you be able to grab a screenshot of the exact error you're receiving? Thank you!

Official Response
  • PsychoWabbit
    3 posts

If I have to quit the game every time to avoid the ‘Online Service Error’ then it completely defeats the purpose of Quick Resume!

• PsychoWabbit
    3 posts

I continue to get this error on a daily basis when launching the game from ‘Quick Resume’... The only (temporary) remedy seems to be to quit the game & relaunch, which completely defeats the purpose of ‘Quick Resume’

• PsychoWabbit
    3 posts

@ubi-wan This is still an ongoing issue that seems to be tied in to Quick Resume on XSX ... The only (temporary) remedy seems to be to quit the game & reload which completely defeats the purpose of Quick Resume! If you exit to ‘Home’ without quitting the game, the connection to the Ubisoft servers appears to go dormant after some time & it does not refresh/reconnect automatically once you Quick Resume into the game again ... To pay nearly $600 for a console & not be able to enjoy one of it’s best features due to this Ubisoft server error is just not right. I do not have this problem with any other game that I ‘Quick Resume’ into. There are MANY complaints about this out there & it’s clearly affecting the majority, yet Ubisoft still does nothing to fix it or even acknowledge it. Please ... DO BETTER!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics