Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Wolfslayer6921
    2 posts

@apkpaul

try pressing r3 super fast about three times while in the pit and looking at the cage. I got the cutscene after I did this.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports that players are unable to start "The Lost Drengir of Ragnar Lothbrok" cutscene, we will be marking this issue as resolved.

If you're having trouble starting the cutscene, please try the steps suggested by @SciPhiFan:

I spent over an hour searching the internet and trying different variations but finally came across one that really helped. That being the case, I feel I should give credit to "JoeTheBard" who authored the following:  https://www.gosunoob.com/assassins-creed-valhalla/lost-drengr-ragnar-lothbrok-reconstruct-ragnars-death/  I hope this is OK to do this.  Thank you JoeTheBard.

In his description, he mentions "tap R3, rather than hold it as usual". On the XBOX, R3 = Right Stick. Normally, Holding the Right Stick gives you FOCUS and Tapping the Right Stick on the XBOX LOCKS you on an enemy target, so that locked me on one of the snakes. So I killed all of the snakes, even though other guides I found said not to. Once the snakes were dead, I looked at the marker on the cage and tapped the Right Stick quickly and the cutscene activated.

If you are still unable to trigger the cutscene after trying these steps, please can you send us a video that shows you're unable to "focus" and start the cutscene. We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lilflips1311
    1 posts

Beat all 6 of Ragnar’s drengr way before the river raid update came out and now that it’s out I don’t get the mission to finish it and get his dagger

• cburcker57
    1 posts

Same for me

• ACLAWMAN
    3 posts

cant complete the lost drengir of Ragnar lothbrok quest as it’s doesn’t let me interact with the cage. It’s so annoying

• jadefairall
    2 posts

Can’t complete the lost drengir of ragnor lothbrok as cut scene doesn’t start. Have tried all the suggested fixes and none have worked.

• firewolf1971
    3 posts

for the Ragnar Lothbrook Death Scene after you kill the snakes go to the dead snakes from top right all way walk in their positions to left side of cage then look at cage in focus it should start then it is what I did

• sbenyo
    22 posts

Same for me. How come a new quest is already buggy?? After long waiting for fixes this is totally ridiculous.

• NativeRock9015
    3 posts

I cannot get the cutscene to trigger, I've reloaded previous saves, logged out then tried again. It won't trigger no matter what I do. It's extremely frustrating. Hopefully you will have a fix for this bug soon

• mrfenske
    1 posts

@nativerock9015 hi there have you had any luck yet? I'm going mad trying to get it to work

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@mrfenske I will assume you followed the Green Quest icon? When at the pit try looking at the cage for the prompt to focus on it? Does that help?

• bobbiloff
    8 posts

Hey guys - I had some trouble with this too - when you're down in the pit looking towards the cage - try clicking the right analog stick, not holding it as you would with the loot pulse, just click it. Or whichever equivalent it is on PC.
    That's how you "focus" on a few things in the game with the camera and then Eivor should talk and trigger the cutscene. Hope that helps 🙂

• NativeRock9015
    3 posts

@mrfenske had no luck whatsoever unfortunately. Quests I'll just have to wait till they fix it.

• NativeRock9015
    3 posts

@bobbiloff. I've tried everything. Just can't get it to trigger.

• Sgt_Lubasz12
    2 posts

Hello, I'm unable to progress with Lost Drengiligr of Ragnar Lothbrok quest, what i mean by it is i can't interact with a cage in a snake pit to watch a reconstruction of death of Ragnar Lothbrok to get a dagger and it was on Xbox Series X.

• Kenway_1999
    2 posts

The Lost Drengir of Ragnar Lothbrok will not let me reconstruct Ragnars Death

• Kenway_1999
    2 posts

@brandynmick same here. I am having the same problem as well

• MoonshadowTeddy
    2 posts

I have the same problem.. odins sight just shows a glow in the cage at bottom of the pit .. and I cannot get any dagger to finish this quest

• MoonshadowTeddy
    2 posts

Hello.. The Ragnar's death reconstruction is not happening for my game, I see a few have also had this issue, with mine it is my only quest still to complete as I have completed 93% of the game in standard DLC . The problem I have is there is no cut-scene showing the cage falling to the pit , all i see is after pressing focus on the platform above is the glowing in the pit inside the empty cage , I kill the snakes and cannot pick up any dagger that is the reward.

Anyhow any recommendations ??? or will this have to be patched ??

• sbenyo
    22 posts

@moonshadowteddy

Try to do it on top of the pit. Try different locations. I thought it's not working too. After a few tried found the right place.

• sbenyo
    22 posts

Had the same problem. Tried a few times and it worked at the end from the top of the pit.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics