Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-aiGQEXWO
    1 posts

Definitely having this same issue and its killing me, about to try a bunch of things including going back but good lord this is frustrating after having put over 100+ hours and $ into the game. Please hellllllp!

• Panik_Owl
    1 posts

This quest missing its icon on the map and doesn't do anything when I try to select another quest and the selecting this quest back again. Been trying to find Gunnar for hours now lmao. please great overlord of soft potato, HELP ME

• neilgd
    18 posts

@guest-aigqexwo I had this issue, so what I did was had the quest tracked , found Gunnar, saved the game in front of him manually and restarted the whole game. Then when I came back to the game it had tracked it again and was good as new , I still have an issue with “of blood and bonds” where Halfdan is just lying on the floor that I can’t seem to get a reply to which is a pain. It’s not in the known issues part and it seems to have been ongoing for a while according to the few people I found that had the same issue elsewhere

• FORTISLUCIS
    1 posts

Solution is to go to your inventory and equip a cloak first. This will activate the possibility to cloak or uncloak ...

• Wolfieman58
    3 posts

Ik zit vast op het moment dat ik moet praten met Tewdwr, ik heb hem gevonden bij de wijnvaten, ik kan op dat moment met hem praten, maar dan moet ik de "drinkwedstrijd" met hem doen, en dat gaat niet, wat zou het probleem zijn

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@ninetea1 Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this bug in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. This has been reported to the team, but I would like to gather some more information from you to aid them in their investigation. The team has noted that, at the specified objective, you will need to interact with houses, but not all houses can be interacted with. Are you able to grab a video using Odin's sight to search for the houses needed? Also, would you be able to grab another video using your Raven to scout for the houses? I would be more than happy to send this to the team!

Official Response
  • LARGER_Fry95
    2 posts

Why in the heck are they handing out moldy cheese instead of sweetcakes on Halloween? I was told by two NPC's that I'd be receiving sweet cakes and got moldy cheese.

• Deph062021
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Deph062021
    3 posts

@pyro2k10 The problem may be that ur not wearing the hood and the mask try to untrack the quest so the bone mask dissapear then track the quest again and put on the cloak that should fix it (it may be the hair is visible thats the problem

• Deph062021
    3 posts

it worked for me i hope this helps

• NineTea1
    2 posts

@ubikoality I'm afraid I'm stuck in between talk with Gunnar and the knocking to the doors part. I have the mask but the quest log still shows that I have to speak to Gunnar. I've uploaded the captured videos to YouTube, you can find these films in the links below. Many thanks.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@ninetea1 Thank you so much for providing these videos for me! I seriously appreciate you taking the time to do this. Moving forward, this specific bug with Gunnar and the First Night of Samhain quest has been addressed on our Known Issues List. As you can see there, a fix for this will be provided in a future update! Although I am not able to speculate when exactly that update will come out, I can assure you that a solution is in the works. 🙂 Your help here means a lot! Please keep an eye on the official Twitter for Assassin's Creed for new information regarding upcoming patches. Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime!

Official Response
  • Ze_Fat_Panda
    1 posts

Trying to start the story arc for gloucestreshire but there is no quest marker on where to find the blacksmith, found him and talked to him but the quest wont recognize this and makes me talk to him endlessly

• nalla87
    1 posts

@neilgd Thanks for sharing! This method worked for me on PS5

• LucasRobbo_
    1 posts

Since around the start of February I have been unable to progress with the First Night of Samhain (and ultimately complete the game) as Gunnar has become stuck in his house in Glowcestre despite having given me the Mari Lwyd cloak. He is seemingly stuck in an animation with his wife, and the quest objective is stuck on speaking to him, prior to beginning the door-knocking section of the quest. I was hoping the February update (which was upcoming at the time of me encountering the glitch) would resolve the issue, but after testing relentlessly with saving/loading, clearing console cache, pledging to another location and coming back, travelling to and from Norway, desynchronising and reloading, and generally doing anything I can think of to reload the engine and bypass the glitch, I've run out of ideas.

I'm on PS4, and for more details I'd suggest referring to another post of the same nature here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/92927/unable-to-process-with-the-first-night-of-samhain/2 which has video details of the issue (and was all the way back in Mid-January, yet hasn't been added to the Known Issues list upon a recent read of it).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated for a workaround if there are any.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 255 posts

Hey there.

This particular issue was reportedly fixed following the last update in February and we haven't received many reports since then suggesting otherwise from our players at least on the forums so it's really strange that you're still experiencing this if your game is fully updated. If this issue is still not fixed for you I think it would be best under the circumstances if possible if you could submit your save files to us on a support case for further investigation. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Chris_Toefurr
    1 posts

Same problem for me, I’ve put 119hr in.😭@todis522

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 326 posts

@chris_toefurr Hey there, this issue has been under investigation by the dev team and we look to have a resolution in a future update! I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration in the meantime though.

Official Response
  • guest-puembFKh
    2 posts

During the "First Night of Samhain" mission the marker is not popping up on the map to find Gunnar, I managed to locate him but after I speak with him and his lady nothing happens i keep speaking with him and he jhust stands there and soes follow me. PLEASE HELP, I am stuck in the game now.

• CosmicPotato123
    1 posts

In the quest The First Night of Samhain, I am unable to complete it because I’m supposed to follow Gunnar but his horse is stuck in a corner and this does not seem to fix when I reload the game.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics