Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • nalla87
    1 posts

@neilgd Thanks for sharing! This method worked for me on PS5

• LucasRobbo_
    1 posts

Since around the start of February I have been unable to progress with the First Night of Samhain (and ultimately complete the game) as Gunnar has become stuck in his house in Glowcestre despite having given me the Mari Lwyd cloak. He is seemingly stuck in an animation with his wife, and the quest objective is stuck on speaking to him, prior to beginning the door-knocking section of the quest. I was hoping the February update (which was upcoming at the time of me encountering the glitch) would resolve the issue, but after testing relentlessly with saving/loading, clearing console cache, pledging to another location and coming back, travelling to and from Norway, desynchronising and reloading, and generally doing anything I can think of to reload the engine and bypass the glitch, I've run out of ideas.

I'm on PS4, and for more details I'd suggest referring to another post of the same nature here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/92927/unable-to-process-with-the-first-night-of-samhain/2 which has video details of the issue (and was all the way back in Mid-January, yet hasn't been added to the Known Issues list upon a recent read of it).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated for a workaround if there are any.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 148 posts

Hey there.

This particular issue was reportedly fixed following the last update in February and we haven't received many reports since then suggesting otherwise from our players at least on the forums so it's really strange that you're still experiencing this if your game is fully updated. If this issue is still not fixed for you I think it would be best under the circumstances if possible if you could submit your save files to us on a support case for further investigation. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Chris_Toefurr
    1 posts

Same problem for me, I’ve put 119hr in.😭@todis522

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 184 posts

@chris_toefurr Hey there, this issue has been under investigation by the dev team and we look to have a resolution in a future update! I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration in the meantime though.

Official Response
  • guest-puembFKh
    2 posts

During the "First Night of Samhain" mission the marker is not popping up on the map to find Gunnar, I managed to locate him but after I speak with him and his lady nothing happens i keep speaking with him and he jhust stands there and soes follow me. PLEASE HELP, I am stuck in the game now.

• CosmicPotato123
    1 posts

In the quest The First Night of Samhain, I am unable to complete it because I’m supposed to follow Gunnar but his horse is stuck in a corner and this does not seem to fix when I reload the game.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 465 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 465 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1442 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about being unable to progress in "The First Night of Samhain" into a single megathread. I apologise if any ongoing conversations have been disrupted by this. By creating a single thread, it allows us to keep all information and updates in a single place.

Thank you all for sharing your reports. The development team are aware of three issues that may be affecting this quest:

• Unable to interact with houses when trick-or-treating
      • Comment: Please ensure that you have the disguise equipped and your cloak hood up when knocking on doors. If you are still unable to interact with the doors with the Mari Lywd cloak and mask equipped, please can you send us a video that shows this? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.
    • Unable to proceed with the quest as Gunnar is stuck
      • Comment: The development team has marked this issue as resolved following TU 1.2.0.1. If Gunnar is still stuck during this quest, please can you send us a video that shows this? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.
    • Quest doesn't update after speaking to Gunnar
      • Comment: The development team plan to fix this issue in a future update. Please keep an eye out in the News & Announcements forum for more information about future releases.

If you are encountering a different issue to the ones listed above, please can you provide us with more information? If possible, please include a video of the trouble you're encountering, as this will help us to investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Jlntorres
    1 posts

@guest-aha687qi totally worked thanks

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1442 posts

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein quest doesn't update after speaking to Gunnar is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "The First Night of Samhain" proceeding after interacting with Gunnar following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

I would also like to provide you with an update on the other investigations taking place in relation to "The First Night of Samhain:"

• Unable to interact with houses when trick-or-treating
      • Comment: Please ensure that you have the disguise equipped and your cloak hood up when knocking on doors. If you are still unable to interact with the doors with the Mari Lywd cloak and mask equipped, please can you send us a video that shows this? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics