Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nerdmigo79
    Original poster 12 posts

@normski7a yeah, i hope that they are working on a patch.. because its not like you can ignore it during gameplay or anything.. like a few weird animations or such..

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 547 posts

@nerdmigo79 Thanks for sharing these video clips with us. Could you also confirm if you have already exhausted all steps from our PC Step Guide here? If so, could you provide some further information by creating a support ticket and attaching your MSINFO and DXDIAG for our game's team to look over?

Official Response
  • Nerdmigo79
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-smash I have created a support ticket with all the infos including the video clips. And yes i went through the PC Troubleshooting Guide beforehand.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 547 posts

@nerdmigo79 Much appreciated! There may be a few steps they will share along with those steps, but please keep us posted within your ticket so we can collect further information on the flickering you have been seeing outside of cut-scenes.

Official Response
  • Nerdmigo79
    Original poster 12 posts

@ubi-smash Hey There!
    So yes in the support ticket email they recommended a clean re-install of the Nvidia GPU drivers (deleting previous driver profiles and settings in the process) and this worked!
    I repeat, this worked! Game looks clean now and beautiful because thats what it is: Beautiful.

Here is the guide for everyone needing help with this issue:
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000063728/

• longjohn119
    565 posts
    @ubi-smash Hey There!
    So yes in the support ticket email they recommended a clean re-install of the Nvidia GPU drivers (deleting previous driver profiles and settings in the process) and this worked!
    I repeat, this worked! Game looks clean now and beautiful because thats what it is: Beautiful.

Here is the guide for everyone needing help with this issue:
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000063728/

I've been trying to stress this for months ..... Do not upgrade your drivers every month unless you have a reason to do so like a **specific** bug being fixed in a game you play or you need new drivers for a new game ..... I'm still running the Game Ready Drivers for Cyberpunk 2077 because they just work and there is no reason for me to upgrade them .... Every 3 or 4 driver updates or every 6 months, whichever come first I run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in the Safe Mode with the network off and do a clean upgrade .... I also do it for the audio drivers at the same time (Realtek and Creative are notorious for bad audio updates)

You probably had "dueling" Windows Registry entries both trying to control the DX lighting API or something ..... They are just fighting each other for control .... Or you could have mismatched DLLs one from the latest version and one from an older version

• Nerdmigo79
    Original poster 12 posts

@longjohn119 Yeah its interesting what could have caused the conflict.. lessons learned.

• normski7a
    5 posts

@nerdmigo79 This didn't work for me, but what did work was rolling back to a one month old Driver rather then the latest Nvidia release.

• longjohn119
    565 posts

@normski7a Which is exactly why I recommend not upgrading working graphics drivers unless you have a good reason to ..... If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

Hi,

It's not that bad but i"ve noticed weird spots of lights inside buildings and also sometimes some source of lights seems buggy and flickering. Does someone has the same issue?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics