Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • lNTERACTiVE
    6 posts

"Does this mean that everything is already good?"

• No its not, this setting was completely blocked at CIS version on the game WD Legion, so it can be blocked too in Valhalla. You cant download addition language packs in CIS version of the game.
  • LittleBigApple
    8 posts

I've just watched AC Valhalla letsplay on Youtube. Russian VO is horrible as always ūüėě
    Ubi please add English VO for "CIS region"

• TryToBeHappy
    20 posts

@littlebigapple Then we need to wait and seek an answer from Ubi.

• ItsMezen
    1 posts

Ubisoft, please add English VO for CIS players like it's stated on store page. Do not ruin our experience with AC: Valhalla.

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

@kwentar I was actually wrong - they posted the release times, it's not a local release, it's a global release at 12:00 CET, 14:00 Moscow.

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

@TryToBeHappy
    It kind of does though. It explains why there're no English VO files in the folder - it's the same thing as with WDL, you have to select English in Uplay properties for the game and it downloads an English voice pack. So I believe we will get an option to download the files on release.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 675 posts

Hey guys! I remember the Legion thread, sorry it took so long for you guys to get an official update there. The Russian version of the game should have an option for either Russian or English audio, however we are getting confirmation from the development team just to be sure, and will let you guys know when we hear back.

Official Response
  • EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

@ubi-spud Thank you for a fast response, we'll be looking forward to that confirmation.

• lNTERACTiVE
    6 posts

@ubi-spud thank you for the answer. Actually in RUS and CIS countries version is only one option avaliable - only Russian VO, no English too.. again. This is why this panic starts around again.

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

@kwentar Omg, sorry, I'm stupid. 12AM CET is 2AM Moscow, not 2PM. So the release is at 02:00 Moscow time. But you can use a VPN to play earlier, around 4PM Moscow on Monday.

• TryToBeHappy
    20 posts

@ubi-spud
    Thank you very much for the information.
    I will wait for the final confirmation and I hope that it will be before the game release.

• Ghett0b1aster
    4 posts

If I understood it correctly, they are yet to add English UI and subtitles to Watch Dogs Legion. Not buying Valhalla, unless game is fully in English like Origins and Odyssey were.

• Ghett0b1aster
    4 posts

This really bothers me, that every time before buying Ubisoft game I have to do a research in case they pull the language thing again. And store page is always cryptic of course, and support page promises all languages. Even EA stopped with this nonsense.

• Dante_Volf
    17 posts

@ghett0b1aster it's not. No one promised English subs. And they will not add them. On store page all straightforward, English voice, and full russian. End.

• Rezus1991
    1 posts

@Ubi-Spud
    Origins and Odyssey didn't have any lang restrictions at all. Could you please look into this and find out why Valhalla has more strict release per se?
    More to say AC Syndicate released in EGS last year and Black Flag giveaway in Uplay in 2020 also have NO restrictions.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Hey guys,

We appreciate your patience in this, we are still awaiting further details on this from the team.

We are looking into this as a priority and apologize for the frustration this is causing at the moment.

Official Response
  • Dante_Volf
    17 posts

Just saw this. I still look into official confirm, but that kinda nice to see
    undefined

• iFazus
    8 posts

@Dante_Volf
    Looks promising!

• iFazus
    8 posts

@ifazus
    The article says the following "Added additional localized audio packs. Availability differs per region, consult our article for supported languages to get a full breakdown." Nothing concrete, looks like we still need official confirmation.

• Ghett0b1aster
    4 posts

@dante_volf I'm talking about support page about languages, not store page. Odyssey only listed English audio on store page as well before release, but game launched in full English. If you are ok with it, doesn't mean that everyone should be. They charge more money for their games than most publishers and I expect to get full English version without cuts. Not to mention people from CIS who don't understand Russian. Apologists are another reason why they treat us like dirt. End.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics