Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • UserDze
    4 posts

@tanveerateel just search for patch which enables eng interface. i tried to contact support 12 days ago to get refund to re-purchase EU version. and finally after ignoring my case for 12 days, i ended up by installing community fix.

• kingspeep
    1 posts

@userdze Hello, what is the community fix to have english text? I'm stuck with the same problem of russian text and asked for a refund too...

• Nikolaus1978
    1 posts

@userdze I bet a lot of people would be happy if you mentioned what is this mysterious patch and where to get it from...

• Denissimmo
    1 posts

Could someone share the DataPC_patch_01.forge file from the EU version, updated to 1.0.4?

• nighthunt0101
    7 posts

Hey guys, what kind of translator do you use for the game?

• nighthunt0101
    7 posts

@userdze
    Hi there, how do you manage to get the english text and interface? What is the community fix?

• Scuba__2020
    3 posts

I bought the game from the Epic store, and it's not okay not to have all the languages stated in the Epic store unlocked. Didn't even occur to me that it could be an issue. We're still waiting for a definitive answer from the publisher whether it will be fixed.

• DoItLikeMike17
    1 posts

any chance you could just change your settings on your console of choice to match an area where they speak English?

• Gwinbleid-XIII
    12 posts

Come on. Give us normal text and subtitles. Either English or goodly translated Russian. And also mark correct answers for fluting, because I want to listen to what they say, not just read it. When I listen to it, I can't choose correct rhyme because it's different. And when I try to read it, the voice rhyme still distracts me and I don't know the correct answer. [censored]? Don't be such a пiдорасами, уебki блятb

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2083 posts

@FenistoRus Hello there!

I sincerely apologise for the delayed response. You should now be able to change the audio language to English by downloading additional language packs. This FAQ can help you to do this.

If you require any further support, please don't hesitate to reach out 😊

Official Response
  • poku19988
    2 posts

@gwinbleid-xiii
    they dont care about customers at all
    i am contacting the for about 1 week (each day doing live chats) and the only thing they give me is this:

we'd be unable to change the language in-game for you. You would need to purchase a different copy of the game that supports English to be able to access that. I do again apologize for any inconvenience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and then try this solid no solution article!!!!:https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000065269!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gwinbleid-XIII
    12 posts

@poku19988 I couldn't even contact support. Chat is always inactive, and I can't choose other contact possibilities. That's just stupid. Don't they realise that in Russia it's not common to pay for games, and with such attitude they discourage even more people to pay for their games.

• Gwinbleid-XIII
    12 posts

@poku19988 so I actually found eng texts. Not sure that it's safe to post it here, but it can be found on playground website (rus)

• short_name
    2 posts

Epic Games store listing says nothing about regional lock on the game I was purchasing, I literally didn't expect anything like this to happen and was extremely frustrated when after a couple of hours spent installing the game and investigating how to switch the language, I found out that there's literally no such option available.

Having both AC: Origins and AC: Odyssey including English versions for CIS region it was a huge bummer to find out AC: Valhalla does not. I hope it's just some sort of a bad decision which can still be undone to make the game available for us in the way developers intended as opposed to how marketing team dictated.

UPD:
    The behavior of Moderator on Russian forum is also questionable, he said that people got exactly what they paid for. What I've got is a bit of a ruined evening, when anticipating a new game in my collection resulted in a run through Ubisoft support forums and Reddit pages for the game. This is certainly not what I've paid for.

• Gwinbleid-XIII
    12 posts

@short_name True. That's just stupid. I payed for the game which were made not in Russia, so I don't want to play in russian. Also, I didn't pay for bugs, such as Wise friend bug which caused the whole story to stop, and cannot even interact with Reda to get daily quests, so it's just exploring. But there's a way to make everything in eng, it just takes a little more effort.

• nighthunt0101
    7 posts

Hello! Anybody here? it is been 1 month since the last post here...i really couldn't enjoy this game because of what ubisoft did!!!!! so i just want to ask those who had bought the ubisoft+, are the english still there after you unsubscribed?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2083 posts

Hello there,

This issue has been marked as resolved by the development team. If you need help in installing additional languages on PC, you can use this support article to help you to do this.

You can find a list of all supported language options for all platforms here. Please note that the available language options may vary between versions of the game. The available language options for your game should be available on the store page for your platform.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding language availability, please don't hesitate to contact our team so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics