Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TryToBeHappy
    20 posts

@edgysheepmom
    Ok then. So can I ask you please to inform me here on the forum about the English voice acting after the official release in Russia ?

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

@trytobehappy I will.

• kwentar
    14 posts

@gorgonselma I can understand your point, even though I'm not from Russia and my russian is not that good, I'm here for the next year or two due to the work porpuses. And I agree that they could provide some identification to check the country that you are in when you are trying to buy smth through their shop. I'm just against that "punishment" thing, cause it's clearly not it. The only reason this exists is cause very unstable local currency and overall inability to buy games for their full eu prices here.
    Yes, they could make a better system, but ru version still has english vo and all of us here just trying to get what we've been promised. I could agree with that punishment statement only if they'll remove the VO completly and left no choice.
    Which they didn't

• lNTERACTiVE
    6 posts

oh yes, its Legion again... No ENG VO in Valhalla again, Why Ubi, why?

• Dante_Volf
    17 posts

So, this is from my friend (yes, he uses Zealand times, I'll wait from my side). So, you can change language in game, but as you see, it won't start language pack download, you need to do it I guess there, where we have only "Russian". So, or we will get it on our local release time (which I doubt), or we are in a very funny situation, where you can choose english, but actually dont, because it's none in game properties. Oh yes forgot to say, he have 1.0.2 patch.
    spoiler

• Naurloss
    3 posts

Yeah, it's quite unlikely that we'll have an option for english VO at the local release time. Let's hope it won't take more time than it took to get it in Legion.

• PrivateNorm4n
    2 posts

It's quite a popular thread. I'm surprised there is no official reply since Nov 7. Two days to make sure the problem is real? "We are aware of the problem and working on it" would be enough.

• theKosarev
    17 posts

Because 99% percent than you bought game via VPN, and 100% that soon you will be banned forever. I bought for normal price and I have any language ;))) Lol

• PrivateNorm4n
    2 posts

@thekosarev
    Some people here in CIS region don't want to play with Russian voices (they're quite bad to be honest) but it's pretty much impossible to "buy for a normal price" even if you want. On store page Ubisoft says English voices should be available in russian version and now it appears they are not. That's the problem.

• iFazus
    8 posts

@thekosarev I went to the uplay store, bought the game at a price in rubles because i live in CIS (I don’t know by what criteria the price is NORMAL for you, this is the only price I have), I was promised English voice acting with Russian subtitles (like the other Ubisoft titles before this year), it’s not there, where is my fault ?!

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

Alright, can confirm - putting eng files into the folder doesn't do anything. There's no choice but to wait for an official response.

• Naurloss
    3 posts

@thekosarev imagine if the situation was vice versa: the game only delivered english language instead of BOTH that were promised. Would you be so cocky then, genius?

• TryToBeHappy
    20 posts

@edgysheepmom

At what time in Moscow will the release take place and you can definitely understand whether there will be support for the English language ?

• Dante_Volf
    17 posts

@trytobehappy 10 november 2AM

• TryToBeHappy
    20 posts

@dante_volf Thank you, I'll wait for some news from you. I don't want to wait a week like with Watch Dogs and if there is no support for the release at 2 am, then I will have to buy a subscription. All this is so strange despite the fact that we were told that most likely everything will be fine. In any case, lets wait a couple of hours. Thingers cross guys.

• Dante_Volf
    17 posts

@trytobehappy As for legion, I still think this is all about Ubisoft Connect update from Uplay. Because even game shows, that English must be there.

• iFazus
    8 posts

@dante_volf yep youre right, Ubisoft Connect update is the only thing that distinguishes the game releases in 2020 from the releases of the past years, when there were no problems with the availability of English VO in other Ubisoft games.

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

I honestly hope that English VO will be available for download during the official release. The game is great so far, but Russian VO is [censored] awful and I can't play the game with it - it's that bad.

• JellyBoba
    8 posts

@edgysheepmom I don't even remember when it was last time I played something with russian dubbing... the only exeption is the witcher I suppose. I especialy hate children voicings, like in the last god of war, gods that was anoying as hell when I heard it

• EdgySheepMom
    Original poster 27 posts

@jellyboba Let's pray to Odin that we don't have to play with Russian VO in Valhalla - this game certainly doesn't deserve such an awful voice over.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics