Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

Ubisoft said on their official Twitter account that the DLC will be delayed, which is the first goor thing they have done since Valhalla was released.

The big question ist: Will we also have to wait for a bugfix update for that long?

Hopefully this delay ends in a better patch that fixes more bugs and stabilizes the main game before adding huge new content. I really wish that we will get a new update next week instead of waiting nearly another month.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@yesin069

of course its delayed, when you look at this games history since launch, It makes sense to add something else that hasn't worked out/not gone to plan.

all we can hope for is it won't release with any bugs. If that's the case, i don't mind waiting......especially if its means another 2 weeks is added to fix that long old list of known issues.

• Yesin069

@isuwhat

I like the decision but i really would dislike it when we get no update at all for 2 months! I hope this decision was made earlier and that a new patch is ready to fix some major bugs.

I just wait for this patch and than i finish the main game. After that i will deinstall Valhalla and wont touch it for maybe 6 more months. Alone the desicion that they delayed the DLC speaks volumes. Ubisoft just delays stuff when the problems are very serious. With serious i mean a more broken game than Unity and Valhalla on launch. This should be the current state of the DLC. I dont think two weeks will help much. The main game alone needed at least 6 months more full time developement.

But these are things i stopped carring about. Maybe i will play those DLC next november when all bugs are fixed. Earlier i wont touch this beta version. It will be filled with bugs, thats for sure...

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 God....One month ✋. I going to pass and replay ghost of tsushima until ACV is free of bugs and give us something to do to those who finished everything cause this Ostara festival added nothing to the game apart from annoying decoration. 😴 boring and awful rewards.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@yesin069 yes i agree. This is the first time i have bought an AC game at launch and never will again. I recently played Origins for the first time and in 80 hours of game play, playing both dlc's i only had 2 crashes.

• isuwhat
    190 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • speedynl21
    79 posts

lol a DLC that sounds like fun, add prolly more bugs to a bugged game
    wonder how that mega thread will grow
    maybe end of the year i will check the forum again to see if all is fixed

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@isuwhat You can't compare a finished product that is 3 years old,soon to be 4 to a 6 months old released game no matter what,Origin had plenty of bug,crashes,ect at release.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@outlander1982 i completely agree. that's my point, after this Valhalla mess i will never buy an Ubisoft game at launch again.

i only mentioned Origins to note that Ubisoft will fix the bugs and the game will be totally playable......but it might just take a long long time, which i don't think is acceptable. At all

• Yesin069

@isuwhat

It is always the best way to wait with any Ubisoft title. At least for one year before even thinking of touching it. Official game releases from Ubisoft are more of an early access launch for me.

The good thing is that i am having a lot of fun with Nioh 2 and uninstalled Valhalla. I even didn't bother finishing the game and watched the ending on YouTube. First i wanted to wait for the april patch but Ubisoft really think that they can let this game without any patch for nearly 2 months...

If I look at other games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Outriders, I dont know what Ubisoft are thinking of themselves. They have a lot of money and manpower but other smaller studios put out patches for their games every week or every other week. ot talking about hotfixes which sometimes come daily.

This is how you fix bugged games and tell the buyers that you care about the game.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@isuwhat oh I completely misunderstood your point,sorry for that.

Getting a game at launch is always a gamble no matter what the company these day,I don't remember the games being as buggy at launch before Unity,I did not play unity at launch so I did not encounter all bugs,I did not have the console or pc to play them back then,I remember syndicate quite buggy at launch,it still buggy as hell to this day,I think it's the buggiest of the series beside Valhalla.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@yesin069 true, the only other game in the last year i bought and played at launch was the last of us 2. Never had one bug for that, played it through 3 times and never crashed once! but for sure i will be super cautious about buying games at launch. Maybe the pressure to get a massive game out to recoup the cost is why.....who knows.

Its just a shame all round, imagine being a dev and you put all that effect into a game, only to see us as consumer's be totally unhappy with the experience due to all the bugs.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@outlander1982 ha ha all good 🙂

Valhalla was my first Ubisoft game, truth be told i bought it the day after the Vikings series ended as i adored that series!

• Yesin069

@isuwhat

Sony titles are on a whole othler level than Ubisoft titles when it comes to bugs and how they run. They just have to develop for one platform and Sony gives them all the time they want and releases the games anytime they want. They simply dont care about holiday season or stuff like that which Ubisoft cares a lot about.

Ubisoft are too focused on releasing every AC game in the holiday season. Valhalla could have needed at least 4 months more time to develop properly.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics