Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• valorin
    Original poster 13 posts

I'm still getting random crashes on PC at different times and in different places doing different things.
    Since this happened during anomalies 3 times now I am at a point where I'm inclined to just stop playing at this point.
    Running win10 with a Ryzen 6600 and an RTX 3070. Drivers are all up to date including graphics and chipset drivers. Windows updates are up to date. Tried turning off anti virus, validating files and so on. Basically all the burning rings support makes you jump through when having no idea what's wrong and going through the list of general trouble shooting.

A "This is known and will be adressed next patch" would be very welcome.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@valorin Hey there, the basic troubleshooting provided by the Support team is to help us rule out common crashing causes especially considering your crashes appear to be random. It makes it more difficult for us to pinpoint where the issue is deriving from and how to investigate a fix. Would you mind sharing your support ticket number, so I can take a look at what's been discussed and provide further assistance?

Official Response
  • Mdaw11
    3 posts

Hi

The 3070 clearly has a problem with this game because I have the same issue. I feel like because nobody has these cards due to miners not many are complaining...

i7 10700k
    RTX 3070 twin edge OC
    16GB corsair ram 3200mhz
    850w gold rated corsair

Event viewer has two live kernel and 1 dx12 crash

Following the supports guide will do nothing for you mate (I installed windows 3 times from scratch and even swapped out mobo and cpu/ram)

After swapping my refresh rate I could play ALL DAY yesterday so im wondering if its a problem with fullscreen mode (maybe gsync)

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

@mdaw11 Hey there! Thanks for sharing your information here. Could you please create a new support case with your MSINFO and DxDiag attached? Should we look into reporting things, our teams will want a closer look at the system specs. Our dedicated support team will also be more than happy to assist you in steps which you may not have taken already upon viewing your files, as well.

Official Response
  • Mdaw11
    3 posts

@ubi-wan 2 Days no crashing since changing my refresh rate in fullscreen mode.. when its set to 144hz its making my game randomly crash. This could be because the game thinks my native HZ is 60 for some reason.

its a problem with the game or nvidia drivers (gsync)

• TheStratoBarb
    1 posts

@mdaw11 you changed it to what from what? it might help me too

• valorin
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubikoreanbbq I didn't submit a support ticket because I was 99% certain they would come up with all those tests I, and yourself, mentioned. And of course those are in place to ensure it's not some unlikely quirk somewhere in the system. But they take a lot of time to perform in some cases and I _really_ don't feel like investing half a day to jump through all those loops (and I did that before with another support which was not Ubisoft) when in the end all I need to do is wait for a patch. Chances are, that if _all_ the other games I own work splendidly, including very new titles and also including AC Origins and Odyssey which use the same engine at least, that my system is not at fault.
    That's not a 100% of course, but the chance that it's the game is high enough to not invest the time to perform an in-depth system checkup for this.
    So, of course support is eager to help, but if there's not an "this is a known issue and will be fixed" answer, I respectfully decline and wait for a patch anyway.

Funny enough: no crashes today since the Ostera festival stuff is finally gone. Coincidence? I think not. 😄

@mdaw11 Mine is on 60hz by default so that's not it for me.

I'm also almost certain it's not just the graphics card type, otherwise there would be more people reporting this and not just two who coincidentally have the same card.

• atabalau70
    2 posts

Hello.
    Have you had any crashes since you changed the refresh rate?
    Me, not for now.
    Sorry for google translator.

• valorin
    Original poster 13 posts

Just for the records:
    No crashes since that stupid Ostera Festival is gone!

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Thank you for the update valorin! I am happy to see that you have not experienced any crashes recently with this fix! If these start to occur for you again, please do not hesitate to let us know. Other than that, happy gaming!

Also, thank you atabalau for the suggestion of changing your refresh rate!

Official Response

Suggested Topics