Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • HIDDEN1NE
    Original poster 29 posts

So I came across a small dialogue bug, I’m not sure if it’s limited to this area, but in Asgard some lines are missing from many of the mysteries.

The one I was able to capture was the Thor flyting, in which Thor’s very last line to Havi is seemingly removed and all you see is him motion silently. I also experienced this with the stag and boar hunt mysteries, where either the hunter didn’t say some lines, or Havi never acknowledged some of the deer. None of this broke the quests in the end, and I was able to reload and fix the other two, but this Thor flyting seems pretty stuck in that his last line “you’re a simpering graybeard who’s near his end” is always missing.

Its cool if this is just the extent of the bug, but in case it reaches further I wanted to make it known or in case anyone else is missing dialogue like this. Thanks for any help!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 594 posts

@hidden1ne Hey there! Thanks for reaching out, and with video! I'm curious to know if you've been able to reload a separate save file, and retry the conversation with any success?

Have you got any video of the other flying errors you've encountered?

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    Original poster 29 posts

@ubi-wan

Hey there! Unfortunately I don’t have any videos of the other asgard mystery errors, but I was able to fix those ones on my own with some reloads.

With the Thor flyting however, I went back to five different saves, varying from already having started asgard, to saves that were in England and had yet to start asgard, and each time when i got to the point with Thor’s final line, each time the line never triggers, just silence. This makes it seem to where it’s a bug that just latches onto your overall play through and no reloads can save it kinda thing, I remember Odyssey having a few of these.

In any case I just went ahead and finished it without the dialogue, so if the dev team can find a fix for any future players then awesome! If they want to let it go because of priorities then I understand totally. Thanks for you help! 🙏🏼

• MadVikingDK
    2 posts

@ubi-wan sorry yesterday I couldn't find any post with this bug, so I made a new one:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/97675/thor-is-missing-dialog-in-flyting?lang=en-US

I got a video of it, also where I ask Thor to repeat himself, and every time its missing dialog.
    I dont have any earlier saves.

You are welcome to delete my post so there is only one for this bug.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics