Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • GhosTsReapeR
    Original poster 4 posts

Greetings,

I'm doing quest : War in the north,. In Eurvicsire.

The objective is to speak to Halfdan, saying that halfdan only speaks in private.

Halfdan is standing on the second floor, not moving, when i speak to him he says : Not here, let us get away from envious ears.

and continues to stand the same place, i tried going all around the place, tried hitting him, meditating, i even went and done other quests, but still nothing.
    he stands in the same place, repeating the same sentence.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GhosTsReapeR
    Original poster 4 posts

Spent the day trying to progres, went and did all the remaining regions, only this remains for me. game is broken, cant proceed.

• spalinabean
    3 posts

Experiencing the same exact thing. I've tried everything.

• JBQ.
    16 posts
  • Kodamalama
    7 posts

So glad I'm not the only one! For the past few days I have been completing all the side missions and achievements.

• Chashmodai
    2 posts

Same. This needs fixing ASAP. Game-breaking bugs like these should never make it past testing.

• spalinabean
    3 posts

@ghostsreaper Downloaded the update hoping it would fix it - still won't go somewhere to "get away from envious ears".

• spalinabean
    3 posts

OKAY I FIXED IT but it sucked to do. Basically I shot Halfdan in the head with arrows (has to be a hunter bow/hunter arrows - predator/light don't work) until he staggered up the stairs. This took about 60 arrows, maybe more, but once he got to where he was supposed to be the speech bubbles disappeared and I could talk to him and continue the quest.

• GhosTsReapeR
    Original poster 4 posts

Just updated, nothing changes in the new patch.

• jac049
    3 posts

Hello,

My game / cloud save file became bugged after starting the quest, "The War in the North". I reached the point where I tried speaking to Halfdan in the castle, but was told to partake in some of the festivities first as he did not want to speak in the presence of envious ears. My game then crashed right after I started a game of Orlog and the save file automatically opens with my character, stuck on the Orlog screen, and Halfdan refuses to move further up in the castle. I have tried fast travelling, doing other quests, coming back and Halfdan is still standing on the same spot and stuck repeating the same line. Is there any known fixes to this? My last manual save file was over 9 hours ago relative to this cloud save file and I do not want to restart and play through 4 or 5 more areas and do all those raids again. Thank you everyone.

• GhosTsReapeR
    Original poster 4 posts

@spalinabean I did it! it worked! thanks! such a pain to be stuck on the quest for so long

• Cpt._Yo
    3 posts

I did what Halfdan asked and engaged in activities. Once I finished, Eivor says its time to speak to Halfdan in private. When I go to speak to Halfdan, he says we need to speak in private, but he won't walk to the area where we're supposed to talk. He just stays in place, I can't progress the quest.

• Kodamalama
    7 posts

@spalinabean ok my problem is that Halfdan is already upstairs with his dog and just pacing back and forth without the interact button available.

• guest-mjCnEu0F
    1 posts

I ‘mingled’ in the party and did every option available but every time I talk to Halfdan, he repeats the same line and doesn’t move an inch.

I know he is supposed to go to the roof and I am supposed to meet him but he just stays on the second floor and stays there. I’ve tried resetting, meditating, putting on the cloak, shooting arrows at him, etc but to no avail.

for more details: my quest description states “speak to Halfdan” and “Halfdan will only speak in private”

Help! Thanks in advance.

• Cpt._Yo
    3 posts

Halfdan won't go to his room so we can speak in private, he is just standing still. I already completed all the side activies in the castle, and halfdan just stands there and says we need to speak in private it but wont actually move.

• Cpt._Yo
    3 posts

I have the same bug. I didn't have an issue with Orlog, but I did complete all the festivities, and Eivor even says time to speak to halfdan. Halfdan won't actually move to the private meeting. Very frustrating.

• jac049
    3 posts

@cpt-_yo Have you managed to fix it? I haven't played the game in a week since it happened.

• jac049
    3 posts

@spalinabean SIR I OWE YOU MY LIFE. IT TOOK LIKE 120 ARROWS BUT I FINALLY GOT HIM TO MOVE TO THE SPOT HE TRIGGERS THE CUTSCENE. I LOVE YOU.

• meowman2016
    1 posts

Chapter one war in the north Halfdan won't go upstairs for me to talk with him,he just stands in the stairway behind his throne

• ICPHAMMER
    1 posts

Halfdan is on the second floor, can’t interact with him

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics