Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lemmie88
    204 posts

@garbo3 It sounds like a bug I had a long time ago, but it was supposedly fixed two or three(?) updates ago.

http://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/97401/eivor-becomes-stuck-after-fishing-with-tarben-post-here

I guess the bug is making a comeback? Or maybe Tarben is just needing more quality time with his significant other. Like an infinite amount of time. Anyway, this is why my Eivor is single. 😜

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@lemmie88 I liked vili more. I should have chosen him 😔.
    Yes bug is back. I won't go fishing with him again them. Orlog is more fun.
    Thanks for the link 😀

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed update. This issue has been marked as resolved by the development team. As we have had no new reports of this issue persisting in-game, we will now be marking this issue as resolved.

If you encounter trouble with Eivor becoming stuck when fishing with Tarben, please can you send us a video showing the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • You become stuck after fishing with Tarben in-game.

We can then pass this video along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Majulla
    2 posts

The fishing with Tarben bug is back (playing on PC). This sucks, as you get some really cool dialogue when you fish with him. 😢

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Majulla!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when fishing with Tarben. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

To help us to take a closer look at this issue, can you please send us a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • You become stuck after fishing with Tarben in-game.

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • guest-IMP3B7mq
    4 posts

It's still happening. DEFINITELY still happening. I just can't post the video I have because it says I don't have that privilege or something.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @guest-IMP3B7mq!

I'm sorry to hear that you're becoming stuck after fishing with Tarben. Thanks for recording a video for us! I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • arizhel6
    1 posts

Yeah, dunno why this is marked as Resolved, cause it's still happening. If I try to play dice with Tarben, I end up on a save screen for a full minute, then I get stuck unable to Fast Travel or leave the area or interact with Tarben or anything else. If I try fishing with him, he stops fishing after a short time and then I'm stuck on the pier and can't put my fishing line away. I'm almost afraid to try the drinking game.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1183 posts

Hey there @arizhel6 - welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that you become stuck when either playing Orlog or fishing with Tarben.

In order to reopen the investigation with the development team, we'll need to receive at least one video showing that the issue persists on the latest game version (TU 1.3.1). Are you able to provide us with a video showing that your game has been fully updated to TU 1.3.1, and that you're unable to move / leave the area after fishing with Tarben? Thank you!

Let me know if you require any additional help in the meantime as well. 🙂

Official Response
  • ophdg
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer I am experiencing this issue as well. I was able to fish with Tarben previously but all of a sudden it's glitching out and I can't leave the area. This happened to me yesterday for the first time. I reset the game, left it alone for a day and now it's happening again today. I'm uploading a clip now...

• ophdg
    2 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ophdg! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble when fishing with Tarben. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and for including a video. I've now forwarded your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Once we have any new information to share, we'll let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • alyssabreanne
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I have this issue as well. My game was last updated 10/5/21. Here is what happens when I hold O to quit:

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 473 posts

@alyssabreanne Hello there!

Thanks for taking the time to post this clip and let us know you are encountering the same issue.

Would you be able to let us know if you're playing on PS4, PS5 or PC with a PlayStation controller? Can you also ensure that your save file is synced to the cloud so that I can pass over this report to the game team?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • alyssabreanne
    2 posts

@ubi-nacho Sorry, I forgot to add that! I am playing on PS4 with a PS dual shock controller. It is synced to the cloud as I purchased the game through the PS store

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 473 posts

@alyssabreanne Hi!

Thank you for sharing those additional details, it's much appreciated.

The link to your video and your full report has been passed on to the game team for further investigation. Please keep and eye on our known issues and News and Announcements for any news on this issue.

In the meantime, please feel free to reach back out to us with any additional questions.

Official Response

Suggested Topics