Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• fhcorn
    Original poster 5 posts

So you can spend time with Tarben after finishing his personal request. He'd ask you to go fishing with him, which I did. He talked about his father while he's fishing. I caught some too (five of them). When he stopped fishing, I also stopped. But he'd just stand there. I can't escape from the fishing area. Any buttons except the Map button doesn't work. I tried to speak with him but he has no 'speak' prompt either. When I want to load from a previous save, I noticed the latest save is called 'exclusive story'. Is his a DLC? Is this a bug? Or something I'm missing?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed update. This issue has been marked as resolved by the development team. As we have had no new reports of this issue persisting in-game, we will now be marking this issue as resolved.

If you encounter trouble with Eivor becoming stuck when fishing with Tarben, please can you send us a video showing the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • You become stuck after fishing with Tarben in-game.

We can then pass this video along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • hogwarty
    3 posts

@fhcorn I'm also having this glitch!

• moodycactus
    1 posts

Doing Tarben's fishing mission/romance option (on ps4) and I get locked in fishing mode, cannot leave the jetty. Odin's sight has shown there's no more fish to catch. I waited a full day/night cycle. Tarben isn't responding. Cannot exit fishing mode, have to reload the game. Same issue. Is there a solution or do I have to wait for dev fix?

• cassie5
    2 posts

@moodycactus had the exact same thing, on ps4 as well.

• WishingLaws
    1 posts

I just encountered this as well so I went on forum searching for a solution. It looks like we have to wait for the dev to fix. It was rather frustrating tho, unable to see how this mission leads to.

• hogwarty
    3 posts

Same! I've tried multiple times but it always gets stuck which is a huge bummer!

• fhcorn
    Original poster 5 posts

Same thing happening on PC version

• Lupasmommy
    2 posts

Oh no it just happened to me, I was hoping for a fix...this is the second quest that has bugged out for me, first the nudist one in Grantebridgescire now this one....

• Zwiebelbread
    1 posts

When choosing the heart option with Tarben after completing his 'route', the minigames are bugged. After going fishing with him for the third time(after receiving the fishing rope) he doesn't ask if its time to go. You cannot end this minigame whatsoever, only through loading an older save file, erasing the fish you .

Furthermore, the drinking game starts before you can actually do anything. So, when you're finally able to use your buttons, Tarben is already done with drinking his first horn. Only happens there, I've tried some other NPCs (no other romanceable one, though).

There's also a weird delay before the loading screen, where you kinda enter a first person camera and can look around but cannot move.
    I haven't checked the dice game, sorry

I hope this'll get fixed soon.

• Lupasmommy
    2 posts

If anyone is still having problems i found a fix! I'm on the ps4 i can't figure out how to mark spoilers so they're in parentheses sorry!

At time I had tried to romance him I had only done 3 territory quests (Ledecestrecire, Grantebridgescire, and East Anglia) apparently doing 4 territory quests was the magic number (just finished Lunden), I just was able to complete it with no issues or hiccups!

• MD-Girly
    1 posts

I have a solution!! So I don’t know if this is the best fix but it worked for me. You can kinda “cancel” out of the fishing quest early. After Tarben finishes talking but before he puts his fishing rod away, start walking away from him and he will turn and ask you if you’re finished for now. Say yes and that officially concludes the mission. (Without spoiling, there are absolutely no repercussions to cancelling the quest this way)

• CaybJ
    2 posts

Any one else having an issue where you ask Tarbon (bread guy) to hang out and fish. Then after you catch 3 fish you can't catch anymore fish, speak to him or leave the deck?

• DefinitePower0
    1 posts

@moodycactus I have the same exact issue on stadia. I have to load a previous save otherwise I am stuck forever with zero progress or ability to move on or anywhere else if I do this mission. A lot of my relationship/date missions with characters are pretty bugged too, but this one would be game-breaking without autosaves.

• PottumWasTaken
    17 posts

+1, also have this bug. Nothing helps, even progressing further into the main story or reverting doesn't change the fact.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hey folks, thanks for getting in touch! We're aware of issues with Tarben, and some players have reported that fast travelling elsewhere and going back helps. Does this help you guys or is the issue still occurring?

Official Response
  • PottumWasTaken
    17 posts

@ubi-spud It says "fast travel unavailable". so no, it doesn't help at all.

• Ruthless1449259
    1 posts

My PS4 fishing mission is doing the same thing. Stuck on pier. Can't quit fishing and can't speak to Tarben.
    I have to reset game and load last save point before mission

• jonbelljovi1
    1 posts

@lupasmommy that's not a fix. It's still broken. This game is [censored] infuriating at the moment. Just delay it til it works!

• PottumWasTaken
    17 posts

Same problem on PC.

• gracienoo
    1 posts

@ubi-spud I'm still having this issue, fast travel is unavailable and you're unable to walk away from the area due to an invisible wall.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics