Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Outlander1982
    123 posts

@kingaltair02 I told you,it was internship politic,I don't want to bring it up here but you can google it,pretty much the same thing happened with Origin,but it's another story.

• KingAltair02
    Original poster 15 posts

@outlander1982 I don't want to get into what politics went into making these games. If I do, then it will take too long. But if the finished product came out with the option to choose your protagonist, then I expect Ubisoft to at least try and validate that choice in the game. In Odyssey everything was fine. Even if you played Alexios, you couldn't tell Kassandra was canon. But Valhalla basically forces the canon onto you, which I find very distasteful from Ubisoft.

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

Previous series have managed stuff like this pretty well.

Bioware, for instance. Their method for this would probably be to give use the character's generic non-gendered nickname ("Eagle Bearer", as you mentioned, being a great one, as would be "The Misthios") and then at some point maybe giving Eivor a dialogue option that would confirm the Eagle Bearer's identity.

Something like an NPC in Norway says
    "Legend tells of the great Eagle Bearer. What was their name again? It's all Greek to me!"

Then Eivor can answer with either "Kassandra" or "Alexios", thereby cementing the identity of the Eagle Bearer for a possible cameo in this save.

• katzenkrimis71
    157 posts

I just wanted to know if anyone feels the same way I do or if you just swept it under the rug.

====

Couldn't care less, as long as the writing is good.

Most of the time the writing in video games is poor, so I just chalk it up as, "Oh, look, more bad writing in a video game."

• KingAltair02
    Original poster 15 posts

Something like an NPC in Norway says"Legend tells of the great Eagle Bearer. What was their name again? It's all Greek to me!"

====

THIS. Honestly there are so many ways in which they can fix this, but they just don't care, do they ?

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@kingaltair02 You need to fix all the books too,not just the game.

• longjohn119
    469 posts

I can't believe that people are actually Triggered by this .... With all the problems in the world today this ranks so low on my list it essentially doesn't even exist

• KingAltair02
    Original poster 15 posts

@outlander1982 I honestly do not care about the books. For me, AC is a game franchise. If the books are canon as Ubisoft suggests, then approximately no game in this franchise is canon because they all have a different way of portraying certain events.

• KingAltair02
    Original poster 15 posts

@longjohn119 I'm not "triggered". I am just pointing out mistakes in game continuity which should honestly not happen with a developer like Ubisoft. I don't care if it ranks as a high or low problem in the world. As long as a forum for discussion exists solely for the purpose of talking about the game, this is what I am doing.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@kingaltair02 They are canon that the thing and I agree about the book,they killed so much stuff behind the scene that it just felt like a big fu to the gaming fan.I'm still salty with what happened between Syndicate and Origin in a fricking comic.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics