Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xrayspex_73
    Original poster 144 posts

After you have bought all upgrades and items from the River raid guy, there is no longer any use for Foreign Supplies. Why can't we sell the supplies for a good chunk of silver? It would give us at least a reason to keep doing the raids. As it stands now, this is not really repeatable content as you just collect supplies that aren't useful in any way.

You need to give us some reward/motivation for running this content.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• d-warrior
    13 posts

Yes this would be a great way to incentivize us to keep playing after we have collected everything.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@xrayspex_73 I think the river raids will be more challenging after patch. I heard that on a Joraptor interview .
    Besides you will reach a point you have excessive silver and nothing to spend it on
    . I got 9900 spare supplies
    400 titanium. 35 ingots
    29000 leather another huge amount of ore
    9000 silver.
    I going to finish river dee to collect all barrels even I don't need them . Finished game. Settlement level 6
    All max upgraded
    But will get those remaining barrels from river Dee cause as I said raids will be more challenging if you believe the info taken from ubi interviews .Dont know though if the settlement stuff will be OK to use in Ireland
    We will find out.

• xrayspex_73

@garbo3 Why would making Raids more challenging add any replayability? As it stands now, there is literally no reason to run the raids after you buy all of the items from the river raid guy. No reason at all. If we could sell the Foreign supplies, there would at least be SOME reason to run the content.

What's the point in collecting the "Barrels"? I already have collected everything from all of the locations in the raids and just have tens of thousands of useless foreign supplies.

And there is always something to spend silver on. whether it be greater runes, ingots or skill points from the vendors.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@xrayspex_73 I haven't collected all the barrels from river dee yet as dont like what the guy that ask you if you up for a ride sells tbh.
    I just doing it cause I like to complete everything. They say the DLC river raids will be more challenging cause now I go on my own and only call crew to open doors.
    And well. I am overpowered. 409 level, plus more than100 mastery points. No runes left for me to buy that interest me. I just kill the patrols with treasure for fun. So only spend silver to hire other players jomsvikings

• Garbo3
    778 posts

l don't like buying skill points. I rather to earn them. That's my mindset though .

• TORFINR
    370 posts

They didnt build Valhalla for being replayable. It's a one shot game, you play it, you enjoy (or not) and you switch to something else. As an RPG it fails totally. Odyssey had it almost right, we were waiting for something which would have gone even further with a replayability of hundreds of hours, but no...
    Dont make yourself mad with Valhalla: the game is dull after the main story arc. The developers should have looked at 20 or 30 years old games which had a real RPG gameplay. Ubisoft is making us "light RPG" games and they stink. Beautiful graphics with horrible concept and RPG elements, that's Valhalla in a nutshell.
    You can find dozens of android RPG games running on tablets and phones which have deeper RPG elements and a better replayability than Valhalla.

• xrayspex_73

@garbo3 Not the point...

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@xrayspex_73 well obviously my replies have no point since the very beginning. Agree. You asking for something and I said in long term you won't need silver. True. Not the point.
    If players want to have that opportunity not my business. Good day.

• williampork2020
    4 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Polyedra
    84 posts

@xrayspex_73 this was my initial idea also.
    i always lacking silver. deleted several times, have run the game 4 times now i think; never finishing. maybe never will... anyway, the progression is the interesting part i think. i experiment now with running the silver buff 50%. I feel it working pretty well. But i am overleveled now at 150 or something, i omega murder everything (not 340, but with assassination that should be doable. Gona run there and grind runes and test the waters for my new run). silver and material has stopped being an issue.
    Anyway, I want some other stuff for foreign supplies. Like idk, can i trade them for titanium? or idk, could i get content? like this idea: could I ship the foreign supplies somewhere for some reason? and can there be ship combat? like ambush on my foreign supply thing. there's parts missing here, i feel.
    On this: Supplies. I haz like 6k regular supplies and 0 rare materials, or whatever it called. but wat i do with this supply i haz then?
    First i thought I would be settling my own place, somewhere dreamy like vinland maybe? but as I progressed, I realised that it wouldn't happen. So what of the supplies?

tl;dr: I need moar things to do with both supplies and foreign supplies.

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    67 posts

@xrayspex_73 sliver or curreny isn't important elements , it is used for decoration mostly, or for purchasing the skill point. and i didn't thin they will make this arrangement as basically after end game, u will not find anythings/materials u are real needed or scarcity.

• xrayspex_73

@vm4m9tz4pb

What is your point? So since YOU don't think there is a need for silver, then the foreign supplies should continue to be absolutely useless and still no point in running the river raids? Silver is a bigger "important element" than the supplies. There is NO reason to open the chests in the river raids hence no reason to run the content.

You people are not understanding the point.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@xrayspex_73 you man no need for bitterness. Is a game. Go farm and loot and kill. That meaning play the game and do it the proper way then.
    Have a lovely day gentleman.

• Kormac67
    728 posts

@xrayspex_73 If you lack silver just do some beggar farming in Lunden.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@kormac67 I 've seen the video. Do they still give you same rune all the time? Not been patched yet ??

• Kormac67
    728 posts

@garbo3 Last time I checked, yes.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@kormac67 Thanks 😊. Shame, hoped they give you random runes.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@xrayspex_73 You're very right, silver is important of course. I was going to reply something but I realised I didn't want to. The reason, the supposed reason for communicating that, is to tell that you got to end game and is finally rich. But the path there is fairly long and definitely more interesting than being there.

It did really strike me, first thing, to be able to trade in for silver. But it's boring. There should probably be something more with this. Selling it somehow, to bandits or lords. But that's complicated instead. So is building with it.

And ya, the main point in running a river raid is not for foreign supplies but the silver looted.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics