Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SaintlyStorms
    Original poster 76 posts

Hi, not sure if this is an intended 'feature' of the game but I'm getting some serious colour banding whenever I look up into the sky. I've tried messing with HDR settings and SDR settings together to try and solve the issue. Absolutely nothing outright gets rid of it. I've also tried messing with my TV settings. I've tried everything including switching my TV into PC mode. Nothing. I remember having similar issues with Origins but weirdly enough, Odyssey is fine. No colour banding on HDR at all. My TV is LG BX OLED. The banding is only happening whenever I look up Into the sky at day time. No banding in clouds or anything else. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1515 posts

@saintlystorms I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Could you please provide a video as example.

Have you also tried changing the the refresh rate and resolution? Does this also occur in any other games or only Assassin's Creed Valhalla?

Official Response
  • SaintlyStorms
    Original poster 76 posts

@ubi-keo So changing the refresh rate to 60FPS and switching to performance mode dampened the problem but not completely. I'm a little disappointed that I'm not able to use my console and TV to its full potential with this game. I have no issues with any other game. Even Odyssey has zero colour banding. If you still want a vid of the problem, let me know.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1515 posts

@saintlystorms Thanks for the update. And yes if you could please provide a video of the issue that would be great, thanks.

Official Response
  • GlassyCelery532
    15 posts

@saintlystorms I recently noticed the exact same problem as you, not alone. 😐

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics