Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ffffffrabbit
    Original poster 4 posts

Dying over 10 times each time I do a boss fight is making the gameplay not fun. Finally got buildier after wasting time. I enjoy story but the Boss challenges are not.

Seriously, please let me enjoy the game.

I shouldn't have to be savvy when I am on easy but the Boss mode is the exact same. I should skip out or should be no harder that fighting anything else. Maybe a bit more challenging but not the exact same for easy story mode.

Thank you

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@ffffffrabbit you gonna need to level up
    You will be so overpowered that the boss fights won't last 2 minutes. Just do world events and challenges.Come back later.
    First time I tried a daughter of lerion she killed
    me straight away. Came back later a d I got her super fast. Level up. Do raids,mysteries,find artifacts,go forts and a abbeys and kill a lot.
    Pick up every chest,etc
    You need to level up mate. Ah.Equip elite damage runes if you want
    That will help a lot.

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

Some of the boss fights are surprisingly difficult, especially the ones associated with spoiler.

But yeah, leveling up tends to be a good way to make these easier, since they don't seem to scale as much as Odyssey's enemies.

• katzenkrimis71
    223 posts

Dying over 10 times each.

====

There are some boss fights in this game that I never want to see again.

Finished the game on the hardest settings a few months ago and I'll never forget how tough some of them were.

It was incredibly stressful at times. Far more than 10 deaths for some. Ten deaths would be considered easy. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more like 40 deaths for a couple of them.

I saved the Daughters of Lerion until the very end of the game and didn't have much trouble with them, because by then I was level 400 and everything was easy. Even then, I think one of those daughters killed me a couple of times.

Being challenged is a good thing. I'd hate it if the game was as easy as most console games are these days. That's one of the reasons that I didn't like Witcher III. I remember feeling overpowered by level 15 or 16.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@katzenkrimis71 I played in normal difficulty but didn't go for the 3 daughter until I was overpowered.
    And totally agree with you about the witcher. Was tedious .

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

Ha, same.

Somehow I hadn't run into the Daughters until way later, after I'd completed the main story and was mopping up the map.

I cleared the map north to south too, so I was very over-leveled for them. I didn't even know they were supposed to be difficult. 😆

Curious how the DLC will approach difficulty. I'd imagine that there are a lot of people who cleared the main story (that ends, what, around 180ish?), but also lots of people who went all the way to 400 and beyond. Hopefully both groups have a good in with Wrath of the Druids and Paris.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@cawatrooper9 yes. I am 409 lvl plus 100 mastery points so hope find difficult scalating

• davidtsmith333
    44 posts

@garbo3 Ditto to this. After levelling up via skill slots the bosses are no match for me. I played on "Easy" from the very beginning up until yesterday when I upped the ante from "Easy" to "Vikingr", but I recall early on I met up with one of the Lost Drengrs, Nokkfylla Shine-Eye, and he beat the living crap out of me. I swore to myself I'd come back for him for revenge. Finally found him again and I had my sweet revenge. Killed him pretty easy.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

I hate boss fights and animal fights, doesn't interest me at all. Difficult enemies though, now that's something.
    I'd assassinate all bosses I think, or u can overlevel them also if u have some time for that. But me: I just cheat now, don't care. Better. If there's content I am not interested in right now, I skip it and might revisit it later. All parts are not for everyone, which is a good reason to allow assassination of main bosses or whatever.
    Ps. hated valhalla dream, total waste of my time! it was beautiful and lovely in many ways and, objectively, imo, well made, but for me, subjectively, i hated it and i hated fighting the wolf! i so afraid of that damn creature. i use my ration upgrade to try and beat it first try.. but then it threw me out and after that i play so poorly i lost.. it was clutch but i lost. i hated it regardless. i wouldn't have enjoyed the victory because it was a fight I did not want. I just did valhalla cuz I thought there might be opportunity there, which there was not and i messed up my entire save cuz of it cuz now i was over leveled. ds.

• ffffffrabbit
    Original poster 4 posts

Okay I did what was suggested and come back when I have more abilities and strength.

However....

When I return to Jotunheim I can't move, can't walk, jump nor return to Suttungr

HELP!!!!!

• ffffffrabbit
    Original poster 4 posts

@garbo3 Okay I did what was suggested and come back when I have more abilities and strength.

However..

When I return to Jotunheim I can't move, can't walk, jump nor return to Suttun

HELP!!!
    !!gr..P!!!!!

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@ffffffrabbit I think I seen a thread about that same issue in players support forum. Search there see if there's is a solution
    Am afraid the only way I had when I found a game breaking bug was loading a previous save to "fix" it

Manual save very often is needed am afraid

Cant you even wake up??

Suggested Topics