Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Placebo902
    Original poster 2 posts

I really hope someone from Ubisoft sees this...

[SPOILERS]

Ok, I think I have to start this by saying that I have play the saga since te begging, I have played all the chronicles and I have even watched the movie. I have been a fan of the saga since my first combat with Altaïr in 1189 but enough is enough...

Assassin's Creed Valhalla was the last straw, not only with it's bugs and broken mechanics, but also with all it's gameplay, meaningless and dumb "side quests", build ups, runes, customization...

By this point I have spent more than 180 hours playing the game, I have reach level 360 and quite honestly I'm done with it. It'll be the first game of the whole saga that I will not complete. I'm done with the Cairn challenges that gives you nothing, I'm done with the flirting that gives you nothing, I'm done hunting and fishing and I'm done with the many non-sense stupid side quest like killing rabbits or being and errand boy. I think the best discussion I have ever encounter talking about AC new trilogy, is that there are so many side quest, all of them absolutely non related to the main quest that by the time you start doing the main quest you already forgot the whole story, and AC Valhalla is no exception.

The build up you use means absolutely nothing:

By this point in my game I really wanted to put to the test the build up, since I have every single piece of it on mythical I decided to go with a common build up and two shields instead of weapons, and even If I knew the answer to it, I really hoped it will actually make a difference, but no, no difference at all, I was slaying Saxons and taking damage as if I had never changed anything, and before anyone says anything, yes, im playing on hard difficulty.

The rune system:

By this point I have collected what I think are all the different type of runes you can collect, truth is, I have being using the same ones since the start of the game (upgraded ones by now) and why do I hoard them like they where some sort of treasures? Because my silly [censored] thought that at some point of the game a Rune maker/changer will appear in Ravensthorpe and you'll be able to customize, create or even power up the runes you have collected along the way, but apparently I'm talking crazy here because well, that can't be done. Next option to do with them… sell all, but wait, after certain time in the story you actually don't need money at all, not only because it practically rains from the sky, but also because you actually don't needed for anything unless you want to waste more of your time making your town look cute as hell which also, doesn't give you anything in return.

Side quests:

OH MY GOD is there any chance you guys can put more of this? I mean, 180 hours doing dumb side quest, like bringing honey to a bear, or flirting with a monk or stacking up rocks or destroying skulls that gives you exp. which at this point I actually don't mind getting since I really can't think in more things to spend it I have fully completed the blue tree skill, and I'm only missing a few of the yellow and red but honestly if my build up based in using hammers and shields I really don't see the need of spending points on swords, light shields, or flails. It feels that the side quests where just a way to make the game feel like it was longer than it was, and I don't have any problem with this, but the mission/reward system is just broken.

Fishing/Hunting:

Another absolutely dumb way to waste your time, go and fish every single type of fish and hunt down every single type of animal there is in the game so you can get… tattoo designs or runes… seriously? I'm not saying it's a dumb activity, but when I notice the rewards I just stopped doing it, it's just not worth it. What happened to the system of AC black flag or AC 3 in which hunting or fishing was rewarded with cosmetics, weapons, legendary armors... THAT was worth doing, not this nonsense of getting dumb things in return, again the effort/reward for doing so is broken.

Weapons and Armor:

I know Ubisoft is trying to give the new saga a more RPG look and feel but you guys are doing it so wrong. One of the main issues here is the introduction of the Opal store to the game. When I unlocked the store I was around level 25-30, and for my surprise I found a mythical hammer and shield, which at that point in my game I would dream to have since I didn't even found my first piece of tungsten, I thought that maybe it'll cost a lot of opals to buy, but for my surprise it was only 150 each, I had more than 400 since that purchase I haven't change any of those pieces in my build up… more than 300 levels with the same shield and weapon and quite the same goes for the armor, the only reason I changed it was because I killed the three sisters and I wanted to use the Thor set because well… it said Thor you know… But wait! you actually have to finish the game to have the complete set. Nothing like coming back to England with Mjölnir in your hands to beat goats and cows because there's actually nothing more you can do in the game since well, you already finished it. Again, the smith in town only works for upgrading your weapons and armor, but that's it, you can't do anything more with him, a combination of a decent smith and a rune maker would bring endless options and decisions to your build up, but I think that's crazy talk because the same issue happened in Odyssey.

Stealth mode:

Are you being serious?! Do you guys took what gave AC it's remaining element of enjoyment and throw it down the drain? stealth mode in Valhalla is practically an opinion, not only it doesn't give you any kind of reward but it's just useless, missions stating: "enter the camp without being seen" triggers nothing when failing them you can literally enter anywhere, "guns blazing" and still complete the mission, what's the whole point on being an assassin then? I mean, I don't think there where Viking assassins or whatever and I can even understand that, but then what's the point on playing as one?

I used to love the saga, I even used to recommended to people that would ask me what to play, but honestly since Ubisoft started to rush everything with it things just started to went downhill, AC Unity and Syndicate where an absolute bug party... but hell I rather play again those than this new saga, everything seems… empty, playing the game has become more of a task than an enjoyable experience. People are just getting sicker and sicker of this franchise and it really hurts, because it used to be an awesome game, with awesome soundtrack, story and mechanics, but now it just feels like you guys are just making game after game after game only to come up with something every 2 years which is even worse than the previous game. I highly recommend you guys to go over any game streamer on twitch and asking them about AC, you'll find that the way I think is a huge majority, and many are done with AC.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• IrishGamer50789
    24 posts

@placebo902 I couldn't agree more bud.. It seems ubisoft is catering for players of call of duty and gta etc etc... Its slowly turning assassins creed into a rpg free to play game filled with mtx.. I bet that the next or the 3rd next game will be free to play with mtx available... Or they will just add in online play like division and others can join your game... I dunno im hitting 35 maybe I'm old but u miss the old games alot.. I guess ubisoft has made assassins creed a teens/ kids game now what with its unicorn sails mounts etc etc... Im moving on after this one and will try out something new out..

• Placebo902
    Original poster 2 posts

@irishgamer50789 It's such a shame though. Seeing a franchise that did so good for so many years just "giving up" there are so many games from which they could improve this new ones, imagine a mix between The Witcher 3 or Skyrim for it's gameplay quests and story and some sort of Diablo with it's many ways of doing and undoing armor and weapons and stones etc. But with the look and feel of the old AC… that'll be something. I think you have a point on where's Ubisoft heading now, Far Cry, The division, AC… all this games feels now more like a MMORPG than a regular RPG and it's a shame, Far Cry also used to be awesome, but after the disaster of Primal well… I think they just don't know where to head next and are just shooting ideas on every single game seeing their fan base response. Maybe you're right and hitting the 30 year old base just makes you nostalgic about the good ol' days, but it's actually kind of sad seeing all this great games approaching their end.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics