Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GetMeAShield
    5 posts

@ubiexcellent Hello! I didn't realize there was a way to specifically tag people. I have reached out in a post below explaining how this Main Even remains bugged for me. I have tried all the workarounds with no success 😞

• GetMeAShield
    5 posts

Hello!

I'm starting a new thread since I don't think my posts in the last one about this bug have been seen.

I am playing on PS5 and King of the Hay People is still bugged for me. Initially, I killed the Goliath via assassination and looted the chest. The event did not trigger as solved. I tried the workaround of fast-traveling to a different location and returning. Upon returning, the Goliath had respawned and I killed him via Hack and Slash. Still the event did not trigger. I tried shooting the body with an arrow; still nothing. Since this attempt the Goliath has not respawned and the event remains unsolved. This is the last event I need for 100% completion so it would be amazing if it could be looked at and hopefully fixed!

Thank you for your time and attention.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@getmeashield Hello there! Thanks for sharing this, sorry to hear this is happening. Our team is aware of similar reports, and would like to see if we can grab a video of how Goliath is being killed, exactly. This would be greatly beneficial to our investigation!

Official Response
  • GetMeAShield
    5 posts

@ubi-wan Hello! Thank you for your response, I will go back and see if I have any video logged.

• TheFeedAbides
    2 posts

@ubi-wan As someone who is also having this issue (and needs it to finish for my 100% achievement)

I can't make a video because the King is nowhere to found : (

When I first approached this area, I stealth assasinated him before speaking with him.
    Opened the chest and left the area. Upon not having the mystery clear, I fast traveled away to Lunden and returned only to find the King is nowhere to be found.

I really hope this is added an addressed to the March 2021 patch - it is ALMOST as frustrating as the lack of Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel : )

Thank you!

• PhantomRelm
    2 posts

Hi, so I walked upon this mystery whilst trying to 100% the map and understood that the goal was to kill the goliath and then the mystery would end. Well, I killed him and nothing happened. The mystery is still in progress but the goliath is dead. Any tips?

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@phantomrelm - Hey there! Thanks for reaching out with this. Our team is aware of this issue and are investigating a solution at this time. We ask that those affected by the issue create a new ticket and attach a copy of their save game files to it for review. If you'd like, post your case number here after the case is created so we can ensure things are in the right place! 

Official Response
  • Prof.Zaggy
    3 posts

@ubiexcellent I am having this same issue on ps5! Please help!

• Prof.Zaggy
    3 posts

Re: [King of the hay people Bug Ps5](/topic/87568/king-of-the-hay-people-bug-ps5)

I am unable to complete this World Event. I have killed the Goliath and looted the chest. I have attempted all suggested workarounds. Please advise!

• Prof.Zaggy
    3 posts

@thefeedabides @Ubi-Wan I am having this same issue! Please advise!

• PhantomRelm
    2 posts

So, I was able to complete the quest! I just went back to the hay King randomly and shot his body and the mystery completed. Still a bug but try it out if you have the same issue.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1165 posts

@akabeko1 @Endergender @Geitungur @GetMeAShield @guidh15 @oMuscles95 @shop3C1C7C823 @TheFeedAbides @Prof-Zaggy Hi all, I have merged your posts into one thread and added it to the mega thread list. I can confirm that this issue is still being investigated.

If you are still able to see Goliath's body at the location can you try shooting him with an arrow as another player confirmed this completed the world event afterwards. Also try looting the chest there if you haven't already done so. If any of these suggestions work can you reply in this thread. Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

@PhantomRelm Thanks for the update, I will pass this information onto the development team.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "King of the Hay People" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "King of the Hay People" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • guidh15
    5 posts

Hey @Ubi-Borealis

Just installed the new patch and unfortunately it hasn't fixed the issue for me. Here's what it still looks like :
    https://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=177331887

Cheers!
    guidh15

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @guidh15!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with "King of the Hay People" following TU 1.2.2. Thanks for including a video! I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @guidh15!

The development team have reached out to us following your report that the issue still persists in TU 1.2.2.

They would like to know if you're able to try loading an earlier save file to see if you're able to successfully complete "The King of the Hay People." If you are still unable to complete the world event after loading an earlier save, please don't hesitate to update us so we can notify the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • guidh15
    5 posts

Hey again @Ubi-Borealis

My oldest save was 44h ago (January file) and unfortunately I had already encountered/killed the Goliath on that file. So no difference on my part...

Thanks.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting us know that information, @guidh15. I'll let the development team know that the Goliath is already dead on your oldest save file from January.

If we require any further information from you, we will reach out within this thread. If we have any new updates to share, these will be posted within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics