Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Endergender
    Original poster 1 posts

Came upon mystery instantly assassinating Goliath. Did not get credit for mystery. Tried fast traveling away, sleeping and coming back but no luck. To late for autosave reload.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2131 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "King of the Hay People" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "King of the Hay People" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • oMuscles95
    11 posts

Upon compliation of killing the goliath it did not give me credit for the world event. When walking into the arena of hay i was automatically attacked by the goliath, i reloaded the save, quite and came back and nothing occured, he did not respawn nor did it give me the credit, i also contiuned the story to see if it would respawn but nothing had happened, i am currently 13/14 mystery and have 40+ hours in game i would rather not have to restart.

• oMuscles95
    11 posts

@w0r4w07 Theres a bug going on in the Suxthexe region, the mystery "King of the hay people". Upon completing this and opening the box it did not trigger the completion of this event. it is the last one i need for this region and the trophies.

• oMuscles95
    11 posts

@endergender i am having the same issue, hace you bveen able to resolve this?

• oMuscles95
    11 posts

@omuscles95

here is the video of the issue i am having in Suthsexe mystery "King of the Hay People". I opened the chest and completed the kill and, it did not give me the completion

• oMuscles95
    11 posts

@omuscles95

here is the video to show the issues

• shop3C1C7C823
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • shop3C1C7C823
    2 posts

@omuscles95 I had this issue on Xbox, while looking at the throne of hay, to the left is a lootable chest. Opening it completed my event.

• oMuscles95
    11 posts

@shop3c1c7c823 hey man i did open the chest after the kill. i posted the video showing what the issue was. im logging on now and hoping this patch fixed this, i also sent in a ticket with the video attached hopping they can do something. id rather not have to start over.

• oMuscles95
    11 posts

@shop3c1c7c823 just logged on and Ubisoft fixed the issue the goliath spawned again. killing the goliath gave me the completion

• akabeko1
    1 posts

In Sussex, I killed the Goliath for the King of the Hay People mystery, but didn’t get credit for it. He may have died to burning rather than direct damage from me.

I should have reloaded my game at that time but I didn’t think about it and now I’m like 30 hours past that.

I tried to do the exploding corpse trick, but I couldn’t get him to explode. His body is lost somewhere in the wilderness and I can’t find it to try again.

I’ve tried all the tricks I can think of to get him to respawn and no luck.

playing on PS5

• guidh15
    3 posts

Hi,

the King of the Hay People quest is still glitched for me. Already killed the Goliath long ago and looted the chest. The quest will not complete. I've tried everything from teleporting away/reloading/changing regions, etc. I've read here that some people fixed this by shooting the dead body with an arrow. The issue is that there is no dead body anymore... I've spent 30 min combing the surrounding area for it. Nothing to do.

Will this be addressed in a future patch? I only need this and the Pig of Prophecy quest for 100%.

Thanks!

• Geitungur
    1 posts

@guidh15
    I have same issue here.

Ubisoft please fix this !

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hey all! Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear this has occurred. I'm curious to know how exactly the NPC in question was killed originally?

Official Response
  • guidh15
    3 posts

Thanks for the reply.

It was probably 50-60 hours ago for me, so it's hard to say exactly. I'm guessing hack and slash, then looting the chest. I've had several quests glitched out on me throughout my playthrough, but managed to fix most of them by just reloading or coming back to them later. There's unfortunately no way to unlock this particular one as the body is just gone.

• guidh15
    3 posts

Any chance this might get addressed in a future patch? Either as a way to complete the event or to reset it...

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@guidh15 Thank you for updating this thread! I've let the investigating teams know that you likely used a hack and slash method to kill the enemy, since they were interested to know this. If you can recall of any additional steps you took to 'complete' the world quest, please let me know!

Official Response
  • TheFeedAbides
    2 posts

Also having this issue (it is the only remaining mystery to be completed for 100%).
    PS5 with latest 1.1.2 patch installed.

Killed Goliath via assassination and his body is no longer in the area, if that helps.

This issue is NOT listed in the "know issues" for upcoming patches ... please make sure it gets added.

Thanks!

• GetMeAShield
    5 posts

I am having the same exact issue as the above post.

Playing on PS5. Goliath was killed via Assassination AND Hack N' Slash since I got him to reload once. Since then there has been no respawn and looting the chest has not triggered the event to end. Last world event I need to complete the whole map. Please help and thank you so much in advance 🙂

• GetMeAShield
    5 posts

Hello, I would just like to follow up again with this bug. I have been checking back daily in-game, but I think at this point completing the event is completely unavailable to me.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics