Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SaintlyStorms
    Original poster 76 posts

I've gotta say Ubi... You really screwed up the North. I'm a Geordie so I was excited to explore my area. We have some deeply important areas concerning the Viking invasion up here past York and it's as if you didn't read up on it at all and focused on the south. I'm really not surprised, to be honest...

What about Hexham? The first settlement to ever be pillaged by the Norse in England.
    Lindisfarne? The very first location that the Norse landed in England.
    Newcastle (Monkchester)? A very important Northumbrian fort created by the Romans. In 900AD it protected surrounding monasteries from Norse invaders.

It's as if you guys moved Hadrian's wall down to York if I'm honest. So much is missing in Northumbria. Considering how small the map is compared to Odyssey... Yeah. I think these things could have been added. Anyways, too late now. Ironically you guys have a studio here in Newcastle - I'm disappoint.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    144 posts

@saintlystorms Maybe we'll see some more River Raids added to the map where we'll go up north. One of them took us deeper into Wales in the three we got, and the map on the table shows all of the UK and bits of europe too. I think it's something they'll probably build upon.

A small consolation considering, but it could be cool if they at least let us do a raid on Lindisfarne in one of them for some legendary gear maybe, like the St. George quest. After the initial raids, the Saxons actually beefed up the monastery over the years and added a bunch of fortification to it to keep the Danes out.

• SaintlyStorms
    Original poster 76 posts

@orcbeard92 I can only hope but Hadrian's wall will need to be moved up a notch. The space between York and the wall doesn't seem correct to me at all. It doesn't need to be accurate to the nth degree but the way they've spaced Northumbria leaves very little room for any of the above that I've mentioned. It's like they REALLY wanted the wall in the game but forgot that there is very important [censored] between the wall and Yorkshire. So they'll need to expand to the North for it to make sense geographically AND move the wall in the process which I highly doubt they'll do.

I just can't believe they made a Viking game set in England and left out Hexham, Monkwearmouth (Jarrow) and Lindisfarne. Not to mention the River Tyne. Man I'm so mad.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics